[Tome] Psionics!

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

1) What I mean 1 to 1 ratio is that it psi abilities cost 1 psi point/ the power level of the psionic power that the psi ability imitates. IE: Animal Affinity (from the CPH) is a level 2 power so it would cost 2 points to manifest and 1 point to maintain. You could spend another point during manifestation or while you maintain it to gain its augment (which in this case would be a +4 enhancement bonus to a second ability score)

2) I still think its better to just have the reshaped body parts.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Emerald
Knight-Baron

Post by Emerald »

I don't think the psychometabolist should be able to directly heal others, but drawing in others' wounds to himself and transferring them to enemies like empathic transfer would be something good to include.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Alright, I'll make it more piecemeal. The rationale for the shapeshifting is this: psionics affords no shortcuts. First you learn how to shape parts of your body (body weaponry, thicken skin, a thousand faces, compression,, and expansion). You also learn how to absorb your equipment into your own body. Once you've figured all of that out, you can put it all together and large, small, and medium magical beast forms of just about any appearance (and your equipment melds into your form). I'm keeping a thousand faces, though.

Healing ties in with abilities like dissolving touch and assimilate. Basically, once you are in good enough control of your own body, you can [partially] merge your body with someone else's (ooh baby!) and mess with their's. This lends itself better to an accounting system anyway. Moving wounds from someone else's body onto your own...I can almost visualize it, but it's just bizarre.

However, I could see moving all beneficent healing into a PrC (requirements: Telepathy and dissolving touch -- or something...).

[Edit] See the first post. [/Edit]
Last edited by CatharzGodfoot on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Updated.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Updated the kineticist a bit. Levels 5, 6, and 7 only give utility powers, but they have some serious combat utility. hopefully it works out. I really need to do some playtesting; I have no idea how this whole 'warrior abilities that look like spells' thing is going to work out.

Maybe I'll try to steal some ideas from Koumei's psyker.

[Edit] I just went over the advanced combat rules, and it looks like I'll need to revise telekinetic attack. [/Edit]
[Edit] Threw in a constrict attack, that should help with the 'not dealing any damage' problem with telekinetic attack. [/Edit]
Last edited by CatharzGodfoot on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Anatole France

Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

IgnatiusDrake
NPC

Post by IgnatiusDrake »

Umm, What bypasses the Shaper's regeneration?
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

IgnatiusDrake wrote:Umm, What bypasses the Shaper's regeneration?
Nothing. You'd have to use something like vile damage or death magic to kill a shaper. Do you think that will be a problem?

Honestly, I'd prefer the flavor of Regeneration 0/anything and fast healing X. The important part is regenerating and reattaching limbs, which unfortunately only comes with immortality.
Last edited by CatharzGodfoot on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Anatole France

Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

IgnatiusDrake
NPC

Post by IgnatiusDrake »

Well, I suppose the fact than only one creature with no-weakness regeneration comes to mind (the terrasque) gives me a little bit of pause. I suppose that the number of ways to get immunity to subdual (+0 LA undead templates from the tome, with the Unliving template which allows regeneration) make me a little uneasy.

Admittedly, this is more of a problem with the Unliving template still making one immune to subdual. It would apply almost as much to situations where regeneration is bypassed by something.

Really, any DM worth his salt would not allow a character to combine regeneration with immunity to subdual damage, so I guess its not really a problem (just a little curious, as I like the class enough I'm considering using it in an upcoming campaign).
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Yeah, that's one of 3e's uglier warts.
-Anatole France

Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack