Book of Gears item section?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Book of Gears item section?

Post by Kaelik »

So is it just me or did the forum transfer or something cut out the entire book of gears item section?

I can't find the part about items scaling +1/3 levels or ect anywhere, or the part about sample items.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Book of Gears, best of my knowledge, never made it back from the "publisher".

Game On,
fbmf
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

fbmf wrote:Book of Gears, best of my knowledge, never made it back from the "publisher".

Game On,
fbmf
I specifically remember a long section in unsorted material about how flaming swords should work, and how items should scale.

It's gone in the new one, and the part where he starts talking about items is cut off abruptly, sort of like Boatmen of River Styx.

I think the new forum has different character limits on posts, and removed the section.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Aktariel
Knight-Baron

Post by Aktariel »

It's in the PDF at least (I think), so I'm pretty sure it existed at one point. Check it out there maybe, and see if it's what you remember?

EDIT: Yes, I see what you mean. There's some stuff missing from the end. The original post chopped off talking about the Modrons, whereas this cops off talking about Magic Items very early in that section, meaning that it skips talking about the Three Economies and Created Monsters.
Last edited by Aktariel on Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
<something clever>
Heath Robinson
Knight

Post by Heath Robinson »

Kaelik wrote:I think the new forum has different character limits on posts, and removed the section.
I remember someone posting an entire novel in a single post on this forum, so I don't believe that's true.
Last edited by Heath Robinson on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Face it. Today will be as bad a day as any other.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Last edited by Surgo on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

No you can't. That's a blank page.

A Hammer
Apprentice

Post by A Hammer »

That's weird, it seems to work fine for me. You are copy-pasting the link (rather than just clicking it), right?

Edit: Okay, trying to put in a link that isn't cut off was less than successful. Is there something wrong with the [ url ] tag, or something?
Last edited by A Hammer on Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heath Robinson
Knight

Post by Heath Robinson »

A Hammer wrote:Edit: Okay, trying to put in a link that isn't cut off was less than successful. Is there something wrong with the [ url ] tag, or something?
Yes.
Face it. Today will be as bad a day as any other.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Yeah, that happens fairly consistently when linking to the D&D wiki (and other places with parens in the url).

By "fairly consistently", I mean "every single time".