violence in the media
Duke

Post by violence in the media »

ggroy, are you trolling, or what?
ggroy
Knight

Post by ggroy »

:)
Last edited by ggroy on Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
violence in the media
Duke

So now you're trying justify douchey statements with...other douchey statements? WTF?
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

That's really all there is to say.
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

FrankTrollman wrote:DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!
I loled. Quoting out of context for the fucking win.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:Clearly, your cock is part of the big barrel the server's busy sucking on.
Can someone tell it to stop using its teeth please?
Juton wrote:Damn, I thought [Pathfailure] accidentally created a feat worth taking, my mistake.
Koumei wrote:Shad, please just punch yourself in the face until you are too dizzy to type. I would greatly appreciate that.
Kaelik wrote:No, bad liar. Stop lying.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type I - doing exactly the opposite of what they said they would do.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type II - change for the sake of change.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type III - the illusion of change.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

violence in the media wrote:ggroy, are you trolling, or what?
I'm beginning to think so. All of his responses have been akin to:

"You can think whatever you want", or
"I don't care what you think", or
"It's not my problem", or
"Why do you care what I think?"

And certainly not anything like:

"I think X because <insert rational argument here>", or
"Perhaps I was being retarted back there, guys. Allow me to retract/correct my earlier statement".

ggroy, try more of these later statements and less of the former.
ggroy
Knight

Post by ggroy »

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

ggroy wrote:The silliness was in replying to the angry responses which resorted to name calling and other direct personal attacks. Once threads get to that stage, rational arguments become less and less effective.
Hi, welcome to the Den. If you are an idiot, you will be called an idiot. That does not in any way prevent us from arguing with rational arguments, or for admitting fault. Because it turns out, we aren't two.

"Your argument is wrong because of X, you are an idiot." Is infinitely different from "You are an idiot, therefore, your argument is wrong."
ggroy wrote:With respect to munchkinism in 1E, the easiest way was through the weapons AC adjustment table (if the DM used it). I was a munchkin powergamer type back then, and generally chose several weapons which had the best bonuses against several different types of armor. If one type of weapon wasn't very good against a particular type of armor, our character would just change to another weapon which was more effective against that type of armor.
To channel Roy for about six seconds:

FAILTARD!

How the fuck is using good weapons munchkinism? That seems like the most obviously obvious thing that everyone with half a brain should do automatically.

The part where you think a viable GM response to this practice of not being retarded is permanent stat damage is so far beyond crazy stupid that is ceases to even be a part of the same universe as the rest of us.
Last edited by Kaelik on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
ggroy
Knight

Post by ggroy »

ggroy
Knight

Post by ggroy »

Last edited by ggroy on Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ggroy
Knight

Post by ggroy »

RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

ggroy wrote:With respect to munchkinism in 1E, the easiest way was through the weapons AC adjustment table (if the DM used it). I was a munchkin powergamer type back then, and generally chose several weapons which had the best bonuses against several different types of armor. If one type of weapon wasn't very good against a particular type of armor, our character would just change to another weapon which was more effective against that type of armor.
I have to agree that that's not munckinism. Not doing it makes you a bad roleplayer, really. The whole point of weapons and armor in history was a constant game of one-upsmanship. Someone gets weapon A, so a guy invents armor A to protect himself from it. This causes someone to invent weapon B to bypass the armor which leads to armor B, and so on.

So why the fuck wouldn't you want the best weapons of the period to counteract the armor of the period?

Sure, it's just an analogy and I'm sure the tables were broken and such, but to regard that as munckinism is just ignorant. You should have slapped your DM.
violence in the media
Duke

RobbyPants wrote:Sure, it's just an analogy and I'm sure the tables were broken and such, but to regard that as munckinism is just ignorant. You should have slapped your DM.
Hell, slap yourself while you're at it for being brainwashed by that bullshit.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Obvious troll is now obvious.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
ggroy
Knight

Post by ggroy »

ggroy
Knight

Post by ggroy »

Last edited by ggroy on Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Remind me never to DM for you; you're bad luck!

I suppose you could piss on their graves. :p In all seriousness, even if you could slap them now without exhuming their mortal remains, I doubt it would do much good.
ggroy
Knight

Post by ggroy »

Last edited by ggroy on Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.