Why are Conservatives and Republicans not funny?

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Maj wrote:Isn't Miller a Fox News commentator now? I think I recall seeing him on Bill O'Reilly's show. But he sucked worse than O'Reilly, so I changed the channel.
Miller began life as a shitty replacement for Chevy Chase. He was like what Norm Macdonald would be like if he was a bit more wooden. He wasn't bad exactly, it's just that he was clearly a "placeholder" on SNL. Someone needed to do the little news segments, and they didn't have Chase anymore. He had some cool standup routines and some... rather flat material. But he was on the whole, unobjectionable. As a Weekend Update host, he was probably better than Kevin Nealand, but not as strong as Norm Macdonald or Chevy Chase. Needless to say, this never put him in Colbert territory.

In the wake of 9/11 he decided that his commie friends had somehow sold out America to Islamic Jihadists and that the only thing that could solve the problem was Bush being allowed to cut taxes and torture brown people left and right. It was kind of weird to watch. And we got to watch it all, because he was a Monday Night Football commentator at the time. He was kind of bad at it, being not terribly good at unscripted comedy, and he would go off on tangents that were weirder and less germaine than Madden's. But yeah, from 2001 on he went off the deep end ranting about how poor people, commies, hippies, and blacks were letting brown muslims destroy America - and Monday Night Football fired his ass.

And he has been a rabid, and thoroughly humorless, attack dog for the right ever since.

-Username17
NineInchNall
Duke

Post by NineInchNall »

I don't know. I kinda liked the line about a hit delivered after the whistle being "later than Godot." *shrug*
Current pet peeves:
Misuse of "per se". It means "[in] itself", not "precisely". Learn English.
Malformed singular possessives. It's almost always supposed to be 's.
Wesley Street
Knight

Post by Wesley Street »

Frank Trollman wrote: And he has been a rabid, and thoroughly humorless, attack dog for the right ever since.
He's pretty retarded, especially when he acts as an apologist for racists like Limbaugh, but of the Fox News Radio pack his mouth is the least foamy.
Last edited by Wesley Street on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Wesley, you messed up your QUOTE tags.
Wesley Street
Knight

Post by Wesley Street »

Caught it. Thanks.