#InThisDecade

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

#InThisDecade

Post by Prak »

Yeah, it's a twitter thing, and yeah, it's kind of sappy. but we spend a lot of time bitching here. Lets have at least one thread that doesn't devolve into it, neh?

In this decade, I want to Find someone to spend my life with, move out of Sacramento, Go to Portland and England again, Be a published artist and writer, Finally sort out the "kids" thing and Be happy.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Juton
Duke

Post by Juton »

I wish to die a warrior's death and visit honour upon my blood-line!
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

I don't get how the thread title relates to the topic, but this is tgdmb.com, so what the hell...

I want to graduate from Grad School, have two children, be a platinum level past guest at Carnival, and be an Educational Administrator.

If the place is still here in 2020, we can all look back on this and laugh.

Game On,
fbmf
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

In this decade I want to get out of the military. Since I have ten years in, I think that's a safe bet.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

In this decade I want to get to the point where I can reasonably semi-retire. (As in work by tele commuting from Key West Florida in the winter; watching the Browns loose at my favorite Irish pub with one of my best friends, as he gives me much needed art lessons.)
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

fbmf wrote:I don't get how the thread title relates to the topic
It's a reference code for twitter #something short that's catchy.

So #InThisDecade translates to "So what do you hope to accomplish in this decade?"

To answer. Crush Praks dreams.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Kaelik wrote:
fbmf wrote:I don't get how the thread title relates to the topic
It's a reference code for twitter #something short that's catchy.

So #InThisDecade translates to "So what do you hope to accomplish in this decade?"

To answer. Crush Praks dreams.
Aww... I have a nemesis now! That's so sweet, kaelik!
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
mean_liar
Duke

Post by mean_liar »

I'm going to convince my wife we need an open marriage except for her, get her into pegging, fuck the neighbor's daughter, and open 529 education savings plans for the kids.

The Aristocrats!
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

You can tag things in twitter for general searches. Using #InThisDecade allows you to have your tweet retreived in a search of all tweets that have #InThisDecade in them. A lot of twitter people use this to tag the subject of their tweets.
FounderFire wrote:#teaparty #912 Illinois Taxes: How Blue Can You Get?: ... and found that "states gaining seat... http://tinyurl.com/29qr2p4
Foodista wrote:#KitchenTip: Fat inhibits the aeration of egg whites, so when beating egg whites, be sure that not a speck of fat comes in contact w/ whites
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

mean_liar wrote:I'm going to convince my wife we need an open marriage except for her, get her into pegging, fuck the neighbor's daughter, and open 529 education savings plans for the kids.
This is what we call "kidding on the square".
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

Get a certification and steady job as a medical technician. Get a permanent resident visa for Norway. Convince my best friends to also move to Europe. Find a girl I'd like to spend the next decade, or more, with.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I ask nothing from the next decade, I know better.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Gnosticism Is A Hoot
Knight

Post by Gnosticism Is A Hoot »

Finish my MA, establish myself at a social policy think-tank or a political consultancy, help rebuild public services when the austerity wave finally ends.
The soul is the prison of the body.

- Michel Foucault, Discipline & Punish
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Go outside.
Blicero
Duke

Post by Blicero »

tzor wrote: watching the Browns lose.
Fuck you, tzor.
Out beyond the hull, mucoid strings of non-baryonic matter streamed past like Christ's blood in the firmament.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

Blicero wrote:
tzor wrote: watching the Browns lose.
Fuck you, tzor.
Actually, I think you should reseve that for the Browns management.
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

Finally getting into a trade that isn't making my life hell. Helping family pay off debts. Possibly move to another country.
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

In this decade, I hope to kill everyone on the planet, starting with myself and moving on from there.

Or, you know, get a decent paying job, though seeing as I want to try to visit Sweden the end of this year, that's more in the "Really fucking soon" list.

And once Jimmy (currently 4, so still pretty young for a dog) gets old and passes away (which I hope is ages away), I intend on fucking off to Sweden possibly forever. We're close to being able to seek asylum there on humanitarian grounds of "I come from a shithole dictatorship". But that might not be this decade.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Sarandosil
Apprentice

Post by Sarandosil »

Get over childhood
Manage to hold onto some kind of employment
Move out/live alone/be financially independent

Maybe find someone to date eventually
mean_liar
Duke

Post by mean_liar »

It's tough to immigrate to Scandanavian countries. I'd start boning up on a language now at the least.

I'm a successful professional with a highly-educated wife and there's no chance I can get a residency in Denmark without speaking Danish.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Sell my house
Move back to my hometown
Pay off that mortgage
Have a second kid
Possibly get a new job closer to my hometown

(not necessarily in that order)
Ganbare Gincun
Duke

Post by Ganbare Gincun »

Koumei wrote:I intend on fucking off to Sweden possibly forever. We're close to being able to seek asylum there on humanitarian grounds of "I come from a shithole dictatorship". But that might not be this decade.
Uh, take me with you? :lol:
Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

If we're both fortunate maybe we can end up seeing each other in person by the end of the decade, Koumei. That'd probably be fun.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

If you can get out of here, do it. I'd leave myself if anyplace worth relocating to wanted me. (Sure, they'd take me in a lot of countries, but I'm not quite so short-sighted as to recognize a lot of places in the world have a much worse political and economic climate than here.)
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.