CandyLand Design Work Discussion: Setting

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

the_taken
Knight-Baron

CandyLand Design Work Discussion: Setting

Post by the_taken »

At one point in the civilized world, there was an organization of douche bags that went around killing women that didn't follow the stupid rules these people had. We'll call them the Spinach Inquisition. So this Cabal of Wizards did was create a caste of Succubi that were individually powerful enough to fight off the Spinach Inquisition's regular lynch mobs. They thought it would be ironic for the Spinach Inquisition to be destroyed by women that broke all the rules they wanted to enforce.

But the Succubi were too powerful, and after forming an army and overrunning the Spinach Inquisition's strongholds, they began to get out of hand, breaking rules of society at large, such as "no eating babies" or "no littering". So the Cabal of Wizards teamed up with the Guild of Witches and created super soldiers that could take on the Succubi. The primary method these super soldiers were kept under control was by being bound to a magical rod, forming bonds of loyalty to the wielder.

These super soldiers had a slightly controllable morphic ability, in that they could change their nature and features to suit whatever tactical needs the wielder of the rod determined was needed. Coincidentally, this ability extended to their cosmetic features, and due to the popularity of Candy, they all began to look like they were made of sweets and confections... which is why they became known as CandyGirls.

Unfortunately, while the Succubi were defeated and destroyed, many of these control rods were also destroyed (often along with the wielder) in brutal battles, and many of the CandyGirls surviving their master of the time, were loosed without a rod to obey. Members of those two organizations of witches and wizards were the wielders of those organizations, so those factions also collapsed with the loss of so many members.

So, there's tons of CandyGirls running amok, and not enough people that know how to make control rods to get them all under control again. These Super Soldier have the ability to reproduce asexually, a feature implemented so that their masters would always have some loyal and power warriors in supply.

The CandyGirls aren't inherently hostile to humans, but sometimes can be, which is why humans commissions fledgling mages to craft more control rods, and send people out into the woods to capture and bind wild CandyGirls.
Last edited by the_taken on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I had a signature here once but I've since lost it.

My current project: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=56456
TheFlatline
Prince

Post by TheFlatline »

Cool story bro.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

OK, so there's the basic background to the setting: A bunch of wizards did it.

But the world needs more than just a background. It needs places for people to go. Kingdoms to be rules and toppled, villages to protect and pillage, temples to worship and defile in. And all of those things will need names that will be bad puns that make the players and writers groan together.

At the moment, I only have a small region of the world thought up, and it's kinda like Europe in that it is relatively well populated with tons of small towns all over the place and a bunch of big cities thrown around. And these places are organized into Kingdoms and Empires that band together for economic and military synergy, and occasionally piss each other off and have a war.

Well, since I decided to have the Spinach Inquisition, it's only fitting that I have them fall to the Neapolitan Succubi. The Age is Early Industrial, right before steam powered trains become common use, and around the time guns start being regular war weapons.
I had a signature here once but I've since lost it.

My current project: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=56456