Dom3: Revenge of the Den

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

Abysia needs cash. Selling gems at bargain prices. (or at least I think they are bargains, I guess it depends on whether you start near ermor or not.)

(fire 30gp, air 40gp, water 40gp, astral 35gp, death 45gp, nature 40gp, blood slaves 15gp)

bulk offers may be made, but anything too far below the listed will be cheerfully declined.
Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

Just popping in to say sorry for the previous delays, real life stuff.
TheNotSoEvilNecromancer
Journeyman

Post by TheNotSoEvilNecromancer »

Fuck off Bogus, that was my fortress!
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Lucky bastard. You get free items.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

*checks wiki*

... Very nice items too.
Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

watch out for the dark knight. he eats commanders for lunch.
TheNotSoEvilNecromancer
Journeyman

Akula wrote:Maybe we should increase the turn timer for a few days. 36 or 48 hour turns could be helpful now that we are moving into the midgame.
I fully agree with this, in fact doing so would get rid of my need for a sub at all.

Oh, and thanks for all the gems Rl'yeh, I've been having a hard time finding nature sites to help produce wineskins. I'll be back shortly to get the rest.
Last edited by TheNotSoEvilNecromancer on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

The army size graph this turn amuses me.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Yeah, I just don't have an answer to 30+ priests.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

You did get 2 high inquisitors, I was figuring you had shadow blast after I saw guys with gems in that battle in the south, I guessed wrong.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

I'm ok with longer turn submit times.

Also, yay, does this mean I officially survived into the midgame? :D
Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

Gem sales are still going. also willing to trade for earth gems, if anyone prefers that.

In other news, late winter sucks if you are abysian, even my apprentices are old.

If your pd gets attacked by my unaccompanied feebleminded mages, just think of it as a public service and extra xp.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

I am too broke to buy gems. Feel free to use Werk Enum as a suicide hotspot, it has plenty o' the PD.
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

Rabelais wrote:Abysia needs cash. Selling gems at bargain prices. (or at least I think they are bargains, I guess it depends on whether you start near ermor or not.)

(fire 30gp, air 40gp, water 40gp, astral 35gp, death 45gp, nature 40gp, blood slaves 15gp)

bulk offers may be made, but anything too far below the listed will be cheerfully declined.
How do you feel about some trade with your glorious neighbours in Utgard? :-)
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Akula wrote:I am too broke to buy gems. Feel free to use Werk Enum as a suicide hotspot, it has plenty o' the PD.
Werk Enum is the site of a minor diplomatic incident between Man and Marignon, actually :p.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

As I said, plenty o' PD.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Well, our scout's official cover is that he was a BNN journalist, so we'll file this under "Bard killed in dangerous war zone" and leave it at that :p.

Also, forgot to mention, but in case you haven't been checking the graphs we took the Patalan capital last turn and their forces are down to one province and 20 bowmen. The release of "The Patalan War Chronicle" is currently being considered, after portions of the conflict sensitive to national security have been redacted.

Good game, cthulhu. We will give your Pretender an honorable burial.
Last edited by Zinegata on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

Zinegata wrote:I'm ok with longer turn submit times.
I'm also cool with longer submit times. If we up them, can we go to 48 rather than 36 hours? My head works in whole days, I'd get confused with 36 hour turns.
Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

Please post graphs, I'm starved for info!
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Well, here's a general run down of each country's status as I can't post a pic of the graphs (we have spies everywhere)...

Abysia-> Expanded peacefully and owns the northwest corner of the map. Biggest empire in the game.

Agartha-> Located near the center of the map, bordering Ry'leh, Gath, TC, Utgard, and Man. Expanded peacefully for the most part, but now at war with the squidfaced menace.

Atlantis-> Situated in the north very close to Caelum. Suffered bad luck events early on. Was defeated by Caelum in recent war, and has been reduced to a few water provinces (capital has already fallen)

Caelum-> Situated north close to Atlantis, and borders Man and Utgard to the south. Recently won the Caelian-Atlantean war decisively.

Chelms-> Situated near the north east corner of the map. Recently won the war against Patala decisively.

Ermor-> Situated in the mid-west part of the map. At war with Marignon. Turtling (they have water forts!) and possibly developing old age Anthrax.

Gath-> The little giant nation that can. Almost got wiped out by R'yleh early in the game. Survived and killed the R'yleh Pretender. Recently went to war against Ulm and took their capital. Situated in the south east.

Marignon -> Situated in the southwest. Marched up northwest to kill the walking dead menace.

Patala-> Originally owned the northeast corner of the map. All but conquered by Chelms.

R'yleh-> Located in a sea in the southern part of the map. Currently holding on to water provinces against an Agarthan invasion

TC-> Owns the eastern part of the map, bordering Man to the north, Agartha to the west, and Ulm/Gath to the south. Expanded peacefully.

Ulm-> Originally owned the southern part of the map, and currently losing the war against Gath (they've lost their capital).

Utgard-> Friendly blue giants in the center, west of Agartha and south of Caelum. Peaceful expansion so far.
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

Zinegata wrote:Well, here's a general run down of each country's status as I can't post a pic of the graphs (we have spies everywhere)...
Nice snapshot Zinegata, thanks :-)
TheNotSoEvilNecromancer
Journeyman

Hey K, we should form a club for people who kill Void Lords.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Pffft. When you kill a Pretender, you should make sure they stay dead! :p
Last edited by Zinegata on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Changed hosting time to 51 hours (in effect with Next turn. Edit: I think)
Last edited by Korwin on Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Waiting on Atlantis.