Dom3: Revenge of the Den

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

Huh. I could've sworn I sent that in way earlier. Turn in.
K
King

Post by K »

TheNotSoEvilNecromancer wrote:Hey K, we should form a club for people who kill Void Lords.
Will our flag have a severed life-draining tentacle? That'd be kind of obscene.

Hope you enjoyed that Curse I put on him. Did you beat my record of 7 afflictions?
TheNotSoEvilNecromancer
Journeyman

Post by TheNotSoEvilNecromancer »

I loved the delightful irony of a super-combatant that had only slightly more health than the troops I used to kill him. As for afflictions it seems that his tentacle grew back but he was missing a leg I think. I didn't give him many afflictions because he went down pretty quickly thanks to your prior softening of him up.

Originally I felt kinda of bad about spending all that money on Shamblers, but damn do they cut through free-spawn like a hot knife through butter.
Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

Finally got my turn in.

Weekends are tougher for Dom playing than the week. It's all about childcare.

Waiting on atlantis.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

BNN Update

Chelms to Hold Victory Parade for Victors of the Patalan War

Chelmian leaders today have confirmed the final destruction of the Patalan Empire, with the conquest of all remaining provinces in the Patalan mountains. Although the main Patalan army and their leader, a Master Lich, were destroyed several months prior, there were still several provinces held by independent warlords hidden in the mountains. To quote Judge Heingist, one of the leading commanders of the Patalan War, "Mission Accomplished".

A grand victory parade honoring the soldiers of the war will be held this month in the Chelmian capital. The Chelmian and Patalan dead will also be honored during the parade, and a memorial to commemorate the war has been commissioned by the Chelmian Council. Proposals have been made to bury a Chelmian "Unknown Soldier", in honor of all the soldiers whose bodies were too mangled by Elephant tramples to be identified. The vast majority of the Chelmian war dead was killed in this manner.

The parade comes despite unconfirmed reports of war breaking out amongst Chelm's neighbors. The Chelmian Foreign office refused to comment, and our sources report that an unusually large number of messengers and dispatches have been sent out this month.
Last edited by Zinegata on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

BNN Update

Chelmian Council Issues Alert. Partial Mobilization Ordered

BNN has confirmed reports that the Chelmian Council has issued "Mobilization Alert Yellow". The alert requires Chelmian Class A reservists to report to their nearest castle and collect their weapons and armor, for possible service within existing Chelmian borders over the next thirty days.

Despite the mobilization order, officials confirm that the Victory Parade for the Patalan War will push through as planned.

Chelmian officials remain tight-lipped about the reason for the mobilization order. The Foreign Office continues to refuse to comment regarding the situation amongst Chelm's neighbors. A council member, rushing to yet another emergency meeting, told a BNN correspondent that these were just "precautionary measures".

Another council member, wishing to speak off the record, said that there may be an announcement made soon by Merlin himself. Merlin, the patron of our nation, has remained far from the public eye, deferring most decisions to the Chelmian Council.
Orca
Knight-Baron

Post by Orca »

Despite funerals for Khans Yao-shi and Yuan-shi and their bodyguards, the ever victorious army continues to march from strength to strength! The khans died like warriors fighting the giants while their army slaughtered the giants' slaves, and the maddened giants fought to the last for the glory of their false god.

I still haven't got the hang of using thugs, but a good bless rush army covers up a multitude of sins.

Huh. That one army conquered almost all of Ulm?
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

BNN Update

Carnage in the South! T'ien Ch'i and Gath at War!

BNN field correspondents have confirmed that T'ien Ch'i forces have invaded the Great Nation of Gath. First-hand reports indicate that there was a massive and protracted battle outside of the former capital of Ulm. Despite the death of several T'ien Ch'i Khans, the blessed Ancestor Vessels carried the day with their powerful defensive blessings and superior numbers. The Gathian army fought almost to the last man.

The Foreign Office continues to stonewall BNN, neither confirming nor denying that war had broken out in the south. However several sources, speaking anonymously, claim that while the T'ien Ch'i was unprovoked, there was no official peace treaty between T'ien Ch'i and Gath.

There are also reports that the Council has expanded the Mobilization order beyond Class A reservists. Our bards spoke to several Class B reservists who were headed to their respective castles for arms and armor. The mood was summed up by one reservist who said "We don't know what's really going on, but it's looking tense."
Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

Orca wrote:Huh. That one army conquered almost all of Ulm?
I got overconfident, not to mention completely inexperienced, and attacked Gath's well fortified capital with my main force and only succeeded in killing half of his 40 or so Thugs, and due to the closeness of our capitals I hadn't enough time to materialize a strong enough army to resist; anything not strong enough to resist just got devoured.
K
King

Post by K »

Orca wrote:
Huh. That one army conquered almost all of Ulm?
To be fair, that tiny army chewed through all of Ulm's forces and I only lost some archers for my trouble. The problem is that lances are a giant's bane and you brought a crap-ton of lances. The Frost Brand thugs didn't help either.

Was that twenty turns production of Ancestor Vessels?

For future reference, Gath's blessed giants get messed up by Ulm's Ghoul Guardians. I was surprised that he didn't bring any.
Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

Yeah, I know, but I only ended up with a single fortune teller with death, and I didn't focus on enchantment enough to pick up a mound king. So no undead leadership, otherwise I would made them my go-to choice for infantry. If I had gotten my national hero, the vampire, or a few more fortune tellers with death early I would have been able to gear my army to be stronger and more cost effective.
Last edited by Calibron on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

BNN Update

Chelms Issues Ultimatum against T'ien Ch'i. War Imminent.

The Chelmian Council finally broke its silence today on Gathian-T'ien Ch'i war, announcing the cancellation of the Patalan War victory parade. Instead, they have ordered full mobilization of all Chelmian forces. All reservists have been ordered to report to their castles for arms and armor.

Speaking for the first time to his people, Merlin, Lord of Plants and Trees, was kept hidden behind a veil of shadows to conceal his true form. Speaking before a national audience, he announced the ultimatum against T'ien Ch'i, the full transcript of which is as follows:

"My fellow Chelmians, we have received reports that T'ien Ch'i launched an unprovoked invasion of the Great Nation of Gath. Even as we speak, many innocent giants are being slaughtered by the barbarian hordes.

We have been friends with T'ien Ch'i for well over two years now, and our peoples have prospered together side by side. I can now reveal that we have had a secret Non-Aggression Pact with T'ien Ch'i during this time.

However, at the same time we had also secretly entered into a defensive alliance with the Great Nation of Gath. We have seen them fight valiantly against the squidfaced menace, and they triumphed in their war against Ulm. To have them face a third menacing power - especially in the face of all of their misfotunes - is too much for myself and the Council to bear.

Therefore... Chelms will fight for Gath!

We therefore issue this ultimatum to T'ien Ch'i.

First, they must immediately cease all aggression against Gath.

Secondly, they must immediately withdraw all of their forces from existing Gathian territories and return to the pre-war borders, to be verified by Chelmian observers.

Thirdly, they must pay an indemity of at least 5,000 gold to Gath for damages already inflicted.

We give T'ien Ch'i three months to comply with these demands - the same amount of time we have stipulated in our Non-Aggression Pact - before Chelms will launch an invasion to liberate Gath from the T'ien Ch'i menace.

I urge everyone to pray for peace. But if T'ien Ch'i fails to heed our warnings, then pray for our soldiers, for Chelms will go to war."

Chelmian Neighbors React

After the ultimatum was announced, the Foreign Office further confirmed that they have entered into an alliance with Caelum, for long-term mutual protection against threats from the West. In addition, the Foreign Office announced that they are in close talks with Chelm's traditional Agarthan allies.

The Foreign Office further assures all T'ien Ch'i citizens that they may peacefully leave Chelms before the end of the three month deadline.

Peace Candle Lit In High Tower

To mark the passing of time, a large candle was lit atop the Chelmian High Tower of Knights. The candle is said to be big enough to last for three months - the same amount of time before the deadline expires.

Lord Warden Wealdhere, who lit the ceremonial candle, was interviewed by one of our bards after the event. Grimly, he told our correspondent, "Pray that light does not go out. For if it does, I fear we shall not see it lit again in our lifetimes."
Last edited by Zinegata on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

I really enjoy Man's dispatches. Thanks for writing them

I just wish all your graphs weren't quite so vertical. Want to do a swap of territory? My northern section for a random selection of your castles?
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Chelms is supposed to hide behind walls dammit :p.
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

Rabelais wrote:I really enjoy Man's dispatches. Thanks for writing them

I just wish all your graphs weren't quite so vertical. Want to do a swap of territory? My northern section for a random selection of your castles?
Is this in addition to the random selection of my castles that you are currently angling for? :)
Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

Nah, I'll take the crappy one in the front. The others you can keep.

My troops would freak out if presented with populations of over 1k. Besides, I had this huge army eating all my nonexistent gold.

No where else to go I'm afraid. But did you have to bring ALL your norna? Jeez.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Can we just all agree to kill the menace of the walking dead first?

I keep getting worried that we'll get hit by a "Screw you world!" spell very soon, and Marignon still has yet to finish them off :p.
Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

I hope he won't do that, since the next time someone tried to play ermor it would go even worse, but we'll see. I better get cracking on those boots of youth, just in case.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Zinegata wrote:Can we just all agree to kill the menace of the walking dead first?

I keep getting worried that we'll get hit by a "Screw you world!" spell very soon, and Marignon still has yet to finish them off :p.
If I was racing to drop a 'screw you' it would have happened some time ago. On the other hand, I will do it if people gang up on me.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Rabelais wrote:I hope he won't do that, since the next time someone tried to play ermor it would go even worse, but we'll see. I better get cracking on those boots of youth, just in case.
Boots don't help against burden of time.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:
Zinegata wrote:Can we just all agree to kill the menace of the walking dead first?

If I was racing to drop a 'screw you' it would have happened some time ago. On the other hand, I will do it if people gang up on me.
I'll take this as "OUR WORDS ARE NOW BACKED WITH NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"

So, uhm, parlay? ^_^;;;
Last edited by Zinegata on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheNotSoEvilNecromancer
Journeyman

Post by TheNotSoEvilNecromancer »

The New Ktonian...

...When you read the news, the news reads you!

Grim news today from the R'lyeh front as Samedi, Tomb Oracle of Agartha returns to his kin after falling in righteous battle against the tentacled horde. Word has it that the infinitely wise, ancient Pale One miscalculated the strength of the mad defenders of The Storms. He fought valiantly but the minions of the dead god of R'lyeh were too strong, likely owing to the aid of the Mad Prophet Ctenophoros.

Prime Minister Stark proclaimed a day of mourning in honor of the second death of this great Agarthan hero and assured the populace that this assassination would not go unpunished. "We will not stop until these void beasts are destroyed and their portal to their dark plane destroyed that they may be forever barred from returning to our world!"

The Prime Minister further stated that with the troop surge the war was well on its way to completion. "Already our forces are tearing down the walls of R'yeh itself! Now that General Sethan, hero of Omur, has entered the war the squids cannot hope, even with their warp-addled brains, to prevail." In the Battle of Omur General Sethan destroyed Rl'yeh's last surface holding and drove the illithids into the sea.

At the end of his speech the Prime Minister stated that when the war was won the new undersea provinces would collectively be dubbed The Dominion of Samedonia in honor of the fallen Oracle.

OOC:

Ouch, R'lyeh! Right in the death gems!

In my defense though, that Tomb Oracle already had three afflictions and was partially insane. Still, ow, that's thirty death gems I'll never see again.
Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

Abysia is still looking for earth gems and/or gold.

Also some allies. Looks like I am about to get ganged.

Free SDR with each trade, this week only!
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

What's an SDR?
Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

Sanguine Dousing Rod. :)