Dom3: Revenge of the Den

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Last time we had a rollback everyone started off unsubmitted again, even the ones who didn't stale.

Those who already submitted a turn technically shouldn't have to resubmit - but I like to make sure so I resubmitted mine.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Orca still needs to submit this turn. He was one of the guys who staled, so it would be great if he could submit.
TheNotSoEvilNecromancer
Journeyman

Post by TheNotSoEvilNecromancer »

Especially given recent events...
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Orca staled again. I am going to pm him, and hopefully he gets the next turn in.
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

So, I can't help but notice two things from the map:
1) Abysia is now the sovereign of Behemoth's Rest (120)
2) Behemoth's rest is a long, long, long way from the rest of Abysia

Anyone care to shed some light on this puzzling occurance? (My best guess is that Rabelais cast that wolves-in-the-forrest spell again)
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Or it was a scout that took a province with no PD. I was able to pull that trick on Patala once during my war with them.
Gnosticism Is A Hoot
Knight

Post by Gnosticism Is A Hoot »

Zinegata wrote:Or it was a scout that took a province with no PD. I was able to pull that trick on Patala once during my war with them.
This is what occurred.
The soul is the prison of the body.

- Michel Foucault, Discipline & Punish
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

We should probably postpone the hosting, Orca hasn't responded to my pm, and he has staled twice on the same turn. If he doesn't show up in the next day or so, we will need a sub for his position.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

I did postphone the game.
Tell me when/if Orca submits His turn and I'll Force Host the Game.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Gnosticism Is A Hoot wrote:
Zinegata wrote:Or it was a scout that took a province with no PD. I was able to pull that trick on Patala once during my war with them.
This is what occurred.
So... want me to hand Abysia an eviction notice?
Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

I think Utgard is already doing that. Last time I open my big mouth about sites. In other news... what the hell do I do now?
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

The Chelmian Council of Knigts recommends that you cede all land east of Province 168 to Caelum and Utgard as war reparations :D
Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

Heh. I may owe war reparations to Utgard, but since Caelum owes them to me, i think it would be best if Utgard collected from him directly.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

I think we need to start looking for a sub for Orca. He hasn't posted, PMed, or submitted a turn in the last 4 or so days. We can't let Ti'en Chi stale again.
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

Rabelais wrote:Heh. I may owe war reparations to Utgard, but since Caelum owes them to me, i think it would be best if Utgard collected from him directly.
Makes sense to me.

Oh wait, my bad - what I meant to say was, "you callous fiend, how could you even suggest such a thing? you will pay for the evil you have wrought, pay in blood!" etc. :-)
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Maybe have Shiritai sub? He never bordered anyone involved with TC, so he's not gonna be coming in with any "free" info.
TheNotSoEvilNecromancer
Journeyman

Post by TheNotSoEvilNecromancer »

jimbojones1971 wrote:pay in blood!
I'm pretty sure Abysia could arrange that actually. :tongue:
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

If Shiritai is willing, he should PM me his Email.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

So, uh, do we have a sub?

Also, there's still a ticking timer in the RevengeOfTheDen info page that says we should all submit turns in 6 hours...
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Please extend the timer Korwin. I think we can take Shirtai's response as a no. Maybe we should look for a sub on another site.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Well, TC's kinda fucked with the Chelmian forces lined up against it and the Agarthans DoWing them. I wouldn't exactly want to inherit that mess.
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

Zinegata wrote:Well, TC's kinda fucked with the Chelmian forces lined up against it and the Agarthans DoWing them. I wouldn't exactly want to inherit that mess.
Yeah, there's that and I'm pretty loaded with assignments right now. Getting up to speed with T'ien Ch'i's situation would just take too much time. Good luck with your search for a sub.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Riding a position down in flames is easy. I just don't want to have the two leading powers suddenly get a huge shot in the arm as the only mid range power left on their side of the world goes AI. Can you picture how much easier this game would have been for me if Ermor had gone AI after I sieged his first fort? If I have to fight the undead to the last...unbreath, someone else can damn well stick it out.

BTW, thanks for staying in the game angelfromanotherpin. It has been fun.

EDIT: Okay, turn got extended to tomorrow. I think someone with an account should make a post on the shrapnel or dom3mods forums. We could also go looking on their IRC channel.
Last edited by Akula on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

TC's army just revolves around cavalry (blessed and non-blessed), Khan thugs, and PD. It shouldn't be terribly complicated to manage.

What's tough is dealing with a two or possibly three front war (Ulm is still in this thing too!).

Edit: Yay, extended.
Last edited by Zinegata on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

Often when a sub is sought for a beleaguered position a cease fire is offered on the wars the new person may be involved in for a short period, say 2-3 turns so they can actually marshal their forces and plan. An interesting variant on this is that they can attack ending the cease fire early, but then of course they lose their remaining time. (n-1 turn attacks are not uncommon) I'm not saying we need to do this as I don't know how dire TC military situation is, but it might make it easier to find a sub.