Dom3: Revenge of the Den

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

Everyone watch my research next turn. my labs burned down in two different castles. :(

I'll just think of it as extra bloodhunting opportunities... really.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Ulm staled again. I know Calibron has posted recently, so does he still want to play? He is the last outstanding pretender in the VaeVictis game too.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Scores says only one province. That would not be much work.
I could take over...
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
K
King

Post by K »

TheNotSoEvilNecromancer wrote:=
I figured you had something planned when I saw that guy with my scout so I planned to just domkill you or wait for you to break the siege. I didn't wanna face that guy in a chokepoint.
Yeh, I was hoping you'd come and and I could break your army in the chokepoint. Considering the stalemate we had, I've not sure that would have worked.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Taking over Ulm.
Also, only 3 of 10 players have submitted their turn.
Abysia      Waiting for 2h file
Agartha      Waiting for 2h file
Caelum      Waiting for 2h file
Chelms      2h file received
Ermor      2h file received
Gath      2h file received
Marignon      Waiting for 2h file
T'ien Ch'i      Waiting for 2h file
Ulm      Waiting for 2h file
Utgard      Waiting for 2h file
Gnosticism Is A Hoot
Knight

Post by Gnosticism Is A Hoot »

PEACE IN OUR TIME! HEAVEN-EARTH ACCORD ANNOUNCED!

Winged News Network reports that a mutual defence pact of indefinite duration has been signed by Caelian and Agarthan leaders in a bid to contain the spreading chaos of the Eastern War. A Caelian spokesman remarked,

'It's what Zarathustra would've wanted. Well, I suppose he really wants us to call him back from the embrace of the grave, but he'll just have to learn to manage his expectations.'

Similarly, when asked to comment, an Agarthan representative said,

'Our Theocratic Republic has always been valued peace and now that we are currently engaged in two foreign wars of expansion peace is more important than ever.'

Both nations were keen to emphasise that this mutual defence pact does not override existing treaty obligations, which will be honoured in their entirety.

This announcement brought to you by the Winged News Network - bringing you the bird's eye view of the news.
The soul is the prison of the body.

- Michel Foucault, Discipline & Punish
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

We successfully predicted and repulsed the Chelmian savages attempt on our fortress. Unfortunately, they have made inroads on the heartland.

In other news, our black bows of botulf proved less effective than hoped. Is there any reasonable hope of sniping commanders with them?
K
King

Post by K »

Orion wrote:We successfully predicted and repulsed the Chelmian savages attempt on our fortress. Unfortunately, they have made inroads on the heartland.

In other news, our black bows of botulf proved less effective than hoped. Is there any reasonable hope of sniping commanders with them?
Not really. At best, you can use Fire LArge Monster or Fire Cavalry if they have those Commander types, but even then it's not good. Even if you can get the Fire Commander command from Bogus, you don't have a very good chance.

Basically, they are SC killers.
Last edited by K on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

When I give up on survival in about 4 turns, if nothing prevents Chelms from steamrolling me, what is the polite thing to do with my gems and research boosters?
TheNotSoEvilNecromancer
Journeyman

Post by TheNotSoEvilNecromancer »

GIVE THEM ALL TO ME!
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Well, I guess it may take more than 4 turns, since he does have to siege my forts. Maybe as long as 10.

EDIT: Earth Gems wanted. Will trade Death or Nature, or skull mentors
Last edited by Orion on Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

Orion wrote:When I give up on survival in about 4 turns, if nothing prevents Chelms from steamrolling me, what is the polite thing to do with my gems and research boosters?
For me, it depends on the situation. If I have allies who have helped me, i'll send them on. Otherwise, I just leave them to the victor - sod everyone else who left me to die a sad, lonely death :-)
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

BNN Update

Chelms Siezes Key Provinces on the Road to TC Capital. Fortress Halmyre Remains Defiant

The Chelmian Council of Knights has confirmed that their forces are now within striking distance of the TC capital. A massive army group steam-rollered through the feeble TC resistace, and is now poised to assault the capital this month. The TC Pretender, Queen Bee, has also been confirmed to be among the defenders of the capital, and BNN will bring you the news as soon as this epic battle is joined.

We can also now confirm that Chelms has deployed the first of its "Battle Titan" Legion. Operating on its own, a massive stone giant was seen rampaging through a TC province bordering the capital. This giant has been identified by Chelmian Magisters as the Liberatio Gath, and it reportedly destroyed an entire TC garrison while taking no damage to its systems.

Chelmian officials also admit to a "minor setback" in Halmyre. A Chelmian Army group was thrown back by TC forces holding the vital fort of Halmyre. Despite losing more men than TC however, the Chelmian Council remains confident of victory, citing how "Chelms can replace our men faster than they can replace theirs. We lost perhaps a fourth of our army. They lost half. They are fast running out of armies to face both us and the Agarthans."

The Chelmian Foreign Office remained tight-lipped about the alliance between Caelum and Agartha however. Only one anonymous official consented to being interviewed, and his comments were limited to "Peace in our time? This sounds more like the makings of a world war."

------

Also, regarding TC's gems: You could also just burn them all to spite everyone. I think given that we all ganged up on TC, he doesn't have to give the gems to anyone.

Edit: Oh, the turn already processed. Well, I can't really tell yet if all went as planned, so have to wait for later :P. Score wise though looks like TC gets to live for another day.
Last edited by Zinegata on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

My policy in giving out gems from a losing position has always been about building relationships for future games, and where possible spitefully undercutting whichever enemies seem most annoying or responsible for my demise. It's often about deciding who I don't want to win.

I also don't decide until very shortly before I'm out. Things can change very quickly, and destroying even a midsize nation takes a long time. Make some popcorn and sharpen your knives. Entertainment and violence are guaranteed for a long time to come.

Also, special kudos for Gnosticism for a very funny press release. Raising the bar is always good. Expected a poop on a the windshield of media joke at the end, but always leave them wanting more. :)
Last edited by Rabelais on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Yeah, it looks like the TC is about to become Chelms and Agartha's Vietnam.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Man, I didn't realize how disorganized my turn was until I submitted it :p.

Oh well, at least we're sieging the TC capital now.

Would like to ask for a 12 hour extension, as I'd mucked up rushing the last turn and will probably be busy for the next 2 days.
Last edited by Zinegata on Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Done
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

Abysia has air and death gems to trade.

Seeks earth, with lesser interest in astral, water and nature.

Gold is always welcome, although gold isn't worth what it used to be what with golems, clockwork scythers and other such magical critters as are lumbering about make normal troops seem a very poor investment. Even the big fiery ones in platemail are beginning to look fragile.

In other news: Get your boots of youth orders in early this year, if things go badly, my mages will have more important things to do by fall.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Man generously tried to share his advanced sciences with me, but unfortunately our imperial authority rests on cultural purity. We were forced to put a half dozen overexcited academics to the sword. My apologies to Chelms.

I was going to kill all his archers with earthquakes, but I forgot about the fatigues from my god's armor, causing my god to pass out after 2 casts rather than the planned 3. His archers routed off the field before I could wake up and kill them all.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

That's fine. We have reserves. :D
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Does Caelum Need more time?

Edit: added 2 h
Last edited by Korwin on Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gnosticism Is A Hoot
Knight

Post by Gnosticism Is A Hoot »

Korwin wrote:Does Caelum Need more time?
Dammit, sorry, meant to ask for more time earlier. An extension of a couple hours would be much appreciated.
The soul is the prison of the body.

- Michel Foucault, Discipline & Punish
TheNotSoEvilNecromancer
Journeyman

Post by TheNotSoEvilNecromancer »

VICTORY IN GATH

In this special edition of the New Ktonian the Prime Minister himself wrote his analysis over the recent Agarthan conquest of the Gittite Homeland with the successful conclusion of Operation Illearth.

Norag Redevad Stark

Once more Agartha has proven triumphant, first in Deep R'lyeh and now in the formerly long contested region of Gath! In this land where three armies tried and failed to conquer this ancient fortress it was Agarthan blood and steel that won the day.

I myself am honored to say that I fought there and witnessed the great battle in which our dread lord Ghede personally slew yet another pretender for the Pantokrator's thrown, the dread giant Theoxippos, as I lead your duly elected representatives in raining destruction upon their heads!

A surviving Gittite of the Reuben tribe surveys the remnants of the former giant homeland.

The triumph over Gath is a victory for all Agarthans, for it was fought by all Agarthans. Just as our vaunted Cave Knights lead the charge and holy Umbrals dove into the fray so to did our brother and sister shamblers of Samedonia make up the bulk of our forces. Even those misguided Gittites who once fought against us are now devout worshipers of Ghede, or "Papa" Ghede as he is affectionately called in many Agarthan households. It is for this reason that my first act upon returning from war is to institute the Right of Return to all of Gath's expatriates living abroad in places such as Chelms or with their kin in Utgard, scattered by the seemingly endless conflict with which this region has become known. All shall, following proper screening, be granted full Agarthan citizenship and repatriation of their homes in Gath itself. May this be the end of war for the Gittite people, may none contest your homeland ever again.

This is the Gift of Agartha, this is the Glory of Victory!

Norag R. Stark is the Prime Minister of Agartha, Chief Advisor to the Oracular Council, and Voice of Ghede

The New Ktonian - Stand on the shoulders of giants
Last edited by TheNotSoEvilNecromancer on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

This "right of return" business is cynical propaganda intended only to fuel desire for a "pan-Gittite" state as a pretext for Agarthan expansion in the disapora.

In other news, Man decided to give our capitol back. How nice.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Well, given that TC has finally started using its mages in massed numbers while the Chelmian Army was still stuck with our two-mage-per-army configuration, it was deemed prudent to withdraw until we can start blotting out the sun with arrows and magic.