Annoying Questions I'd Like Answered...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Well, hell, she wouldn't even be an SS member, she'd be some dumb kid with a bunch of symbols and pulling the act. Like some kid running around calling herself Baroness from Cobra.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Anyone happen to know what the impact resistance of a riot face shield is? I just started reading a comic that shows a character reliably shattering them in a single punch, and I'm wondering if this should tell me that he's super strong, or if it's within the range of human strength.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
sabs
Duke

Post by sabs »

with his fist? He's super strong
I've seen riot shields take rubber bullet shots.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

sabs wrote:with his fist? He's super strong
I've seen riot shields take rubber bullet shots.
Thought as much, just wondered, thanks.

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Why is 30° Celsius in the Air TOO HOT but 30° Celsius Water is TOO COLD for comfortable being in?
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

Stahlseele wrote:Why is 30° Celsius in the Air TOO HOT but 30° Celsius Water is TOO COLD for comfortable being in?
The simple answer is that A is slightly incorrect and B is correct.

Normal body temperature is 37° Celsius. The body is basically a heat generator, so we need some way to radiate the heat away.

In the water, water easily transfers heat away from the body. It is in fact very good at that. So us not wrapped in a layer of fat animals in the water loose our body heat rapidly. Note also that this is done througout the body where all those "I'm hot/cold" nerves are.

In the air, transfer just doesn't happen (as much as we would like it to happen). The result is that you need to activate your evaporative coolers to transfer that heat (in other words sweat). Here it's not the temperature, it's the temperature - humidity index. The drier the air, the easier it is for people to cool off by sweating. In addition this occurs on only a small part of the body so most of the "I'm hot/cold" nerves only notice that the process is or is not working.

So that's why it can be really hot in Arizonia and you don't think it is as hot as it was in Miami where it was actually cooler but humid as all hell.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Stahlseele wrote:Why is 30° Celsius in the Air TOO HOT but 30° Celsius Water is TOO COLD for comfortable being in?
Because water has a high specific heat and air has a low specific heat. Raising a cubic centimeter of water 1 degree takes a bit over 4 joules. Raising a cubic centimeter of air 1 degree takes about one thousandth of a joule.

The human body has two constraints it lives under. The first is that as mammals we live under heat excess and constantly need to bleed heat to keep from overheating. The second is that as mammals certain heat minimums are required to keep things from falling apart.

So 30 degrees of Air isn't a lot of heat absorbance, and we overheat. 30 degrees of Water is just shy of four thousand times than potential heat absorbance and it can cool you off to the point of hypothermia.

-Username17
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Hmm, ok, thanks. Both of you.
Last edited by Stahlseele on Mon May 02, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

OK, while reading the Epic Spell Casting Thread In My (not so) Humble Opinion, i found another one . .
If you[sic] DM doesn't approve
WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN DAMN IT? <.<[/u]
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

"[sic]" is a tag you put into a direct quote to acknowledge a typographical error and claim that it was like that in the original source material. It's from Latin, where it means "in this manner". The idea is that it should have been "your DM" but they are quoting it verbatim so the typo stays.

-Username17
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Aaaah . . i knew i should have taken Latin in School and gotten my Abitur . . But damn it, i was too dumb and lazy to realize that back then <.< . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Its used both to disclaim responsibility for mistakes in quoted text and to draw attention to them for the purpose of mockery.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I don't have anyplace else I can feel comfortable asking this question:

Do taller women tend to have larger vaginas than shorter women, or would it be roughly the same? I split up with my GF a month ago and I'm just curious (I have always had trouble finding mating partners who fit, but I also tend to date women who are shorter than average. I'm wondering if a change might be good in this case).
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

It's my understanding that women who have born children have more stretchy vaginas. Does that qualify as bigger?
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I guess that counts, but after dating 2 different single mothers I'm disinclined to try it again. I'm not saying that there aren't great single mothers out there that I haven't found (2<30 and my sampling wasn't random, after all), but I AM saying that they were both unpleasant women and I don't have time for that in my life right now.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Do taller women tend to have larger vaginas than shorter women, or would it be roughly the same? I split up with my GF a month ago and I'm just curious (I have always had trouble finding mating partners who fit, but I also tend to date women who are shorter than average. I'm wondering if a change might be good in this case).
When you say bigger, do you mean longer? I could see height factoring into length, but only if the torso is longer. I think a lot of height variation in people comes from leg length and not torso length.

And I also have no clue what I'm talking about and I'm just guessing based on a limited knowledge. ;)
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Longer is more what I'm asking, that's a valid point. It seems that I have issues with overpenetration when I'm performing and having her cry out in pain really kills the mood (which is probably a sign that I'm normal, but still).
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

I suppose there's always trying less penetrative positions, but that could be annoying, too.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Let her be on top.
She can control it then AND she has to do most of the work. BONUS!
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Count Arioch the 28th
King

I have also had bad experiences with women in general being on top too. Mostly involving her climaxing, getting tired, then collapsing on me, changing the whole angle and preventing me from getting anywhere.
Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Wed May 04, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Prak_Anima wrote:Anyone happen to know what the impact resistance of a riot face shield is? I just started reading a comic that shows a character reliably shattering them in a single punch, and I'm wondering if this should tell me that he's super strong, or if it's within the range of human strength.

Brit pop-bang-wanna-sexy-science segment shows that a full size riot shield can take having a ton of bricks dropped on it
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Sashi
Knight-Baron

Post by Sashi »

Almaz
Knight

Post by Almaz »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I don't have anyplace else I can feel comfortable asking this question:

Do taller women tend to have larger vaginas than shorter women, or would it be roughly the same? I split up with my GF a month ago and I'm just curious (I have always had trouble finding mating partners who fit, but I also tend to date women who are shorter than average. I'm wondering if a change might be good in this case).
It is possible you are looking for the wrong data point. Women's vaginas get bigger with arousal. I mean, they're not infinite, but they'll stretch pretty damn far, and unless you're really, truly, insanely big, that might be a decisive factor. From experience I have observed that even after arousal begins and a girl gets interested in penetration, they have some ways to go yet before arousal gets to the practical limit... just like a guy can be neither fully "soft" nor fully "hard". But if you have tried everything, then yes, go ahead and move up a size, as it were... but keep in mind, it's no guarantee.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

From what my research has told me, width goes pretty far (i mean, the primary function of the organ is to do so if health class in 10th grade was accurate :p), it's depth that is the limiting factor.

I am probably the only guy that would say this, but if a penile reduction surgery existed, I would get one. It really is a hindering factor.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Almaz wrote:Women's vaginas get bigger with arousal. I mean, they're not infinite, but they'll stretch pretty damn far, and unless you're really, truly, insanely big, that might be a decisive factor. F
Awesome... I mean they aren't infinitely large but they do come close, apparently. Best post ever.

---

Also on a similar note, based on the idea of infinity, is there an actual volume limitation to Black holes? If we say that the universe is constantly expanding and being born, and we also say that Black holes within our universe also take up/suck in infinite volume, then how the fuck does that work?
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.