Expanding AWOD

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Midnight_v
Knight-Baron

Post by Midnight_v »

Funny, I wasn't clear I actually suggested the name monolith to replace pentex.
I just thought that The Monolith corporation sounded weird somehow and figured maybe "The Monolith Group" sounded better.
Its so minor its not even an issue, however if there's a real companay with that name I would never have even though.
Don't hate the world you see, create the world you want....
Dear Midnight, you have actually made me sad. I took a day off of posting yesterday because of actual sadness you made me feel in my heart for you.
...If only you'd have stopped forever...
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

After Sundown is now in a convenient Stream of Consciousness Rant. That makes it a lot easier to search for words that haven't been updated.

-Username17
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Houston City History : "The city has had a lover affair with things that go all through the 20th century and continuing to this day." lover = love

Paris places to go: "Like the British Museum, walking through it like an active crime scene." should be walking through it is like walking through an active crime scene. Or something, the original thought in that sentence is only half expressed.

Also in that section "even get a plate of d'œuvres." Hors is missing
jadagul
Master

Post by jadagul »

The first-person fiction refers to "covenants" as a generic and talks a lot about the "Carthians"; didn't you decide to change those terms?
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

If possible, "Storyteller" should be reskinned as "Crypt Keeper".
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

CatharzGodfoot wrote:If possible, "Storyteller" should be reskinned as "Crypt Keeper".
Storyteller has been reskinned "MC".

-Username17
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Proofing after reading up through character generation in the other thread:

"It also has connections to three coterminus magic worlds full of monsters and danger." - correct spelling is coterminous

"but since this is the realm of horror the dreams are often as not inspired by Freddy and the beasts are likely to be the deadly and destructive monsters." - needs either "the" removed from "the deadly and destructive monsters" or something added

"The Dreamlands have the least expatriot civilization from the Mortal world of all the other worlds." - expatriot should be expatriate

"And for reasons unknown The Marduk Society has been growing an Arcanotower in the Brasil Correspondence for some time." - Brasil = Brazil?

"Genevra is a Vampire with the Quickness ability from the Power of Celerity." - should be X

"Asking the character to walk away from publishing their successes in full to keep the Masquerade and their own safety is much more of a struggle than getting them to go explore a haunted mansion or take on a wicked Troll in the first place." - Masquerade left in, replace with Vow of Silence

"Not only is it factually true that the heroic motivation is the most common motivation of protagonists in source material, but it's also interestingly true that it is the most common motivation of people playing in After Sundown games." - but is redundant

"Each character thus, should have interests and goals that drive the plot forward," - first comma is jarring. Should either remove it or place another one just before "thus"

In Media Res - "Characters can have Advantages and Disadvantages, but the number of the one should equal the number of the other." - technically don't supernaturals have one more disadvantage than advantage, the one from their supernatural type?
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Thanks.
Quantumboost wrote:"And for reasons unknown The Marduk Society has been growing an Arcanotower in the Brasil Correspondence for some time." - Brasil = Brazil?
It's spelled Brasil. At least it is in Brasil.
"Genevra is a Vampire with the Quickness ability from the Power of Celerity." - should be X
?

-Username17
eeuuugh
1st Level

Post by eeuuugh »

On that note, "Columbian drug bosses" in the Wet Work section should be "Colombian drug bosses". Narcos or narcotraficantes might be even better.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

FrankTrollman wrote:
?
Gah. Sorry. I had originally meant to keep that in the text file until I could verify whether Celerity's name had been changed like so many other core disciplines, and didn't actually do that.

Since it wasn't changed, ignore that line.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

RoboGeisha is a perfect example of androids and mirror goblins. Plus an evil corporation working for the BSD.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack