The Shadowrun Situation

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Otakusensei
Master

Post by Otakusensei »

Some kinda gun book pdf thing out. Anyone give a fuck?

Apparently they are doing the Street Samurai Catalog thing again. Yay. My enthusiasm knows no bounds.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

I took my fansite down. It seemed time...and past time.
sabs
Duke

Post by sabs »

what! Ack, that's like the best Shadowrun resource site in the world.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Otakusensei wrote:Some kinda gun book pdf thing out. Anyone give a fuck?

Apparently they are doing the Street Samurai Catalog thing again. Yay. My enthusiasm knows no bounds.
Sorry, my give a fuck has run out. I am literally in Asamando. But making gun lists is not super hard, so I'm not surprised they are attempting to squeeze five dollars or whatever out of a non-official pdf.
sabs wrote:what! Ack, that's like the best Shadowrun resource site in the world.
Was. Was the best Shadowrun resource site in the world. Now it is down.

-Username17
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

FrankTrollman wrote:
sabs wrote:what! Ack, that's like the best Shadowrun resource site in the world.
Was. Was the best Shadowrun resource site in the world. Now it is down.

-Username17
Now it's just...
:cool:
...Ancient History.

Anyway, it's still there in the Way Back Machine.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

rasmuswagner
Knight-Baron

Post by rasmuswagner »

The preview was mucho lame. It's a bunch of old crappy guns that don't work properly with modern electronics. Yah, because i really need MAC-10s and M-16s in my game. Yawn. The full book is more of the same. There's a new assault cannon and an assault rifle that aren't old shit, but nothing that gave me a boner.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

A Pity about the Ancient Files
Mallory's Divinations
Quentin Mallory was a young, undeniably brilliant theoretical thaumaturgist of the Pythagorean school, who effortlessly mastered the intricacies of magical mathematics and post-quantum physics. Mallory's doctoral theses for MIT&T set a record as the move thought-provoking, ground breaking, and utterly useless thaumaturgical text to ever be written. In exceedingly bad taste, Mallory went on to have the text mass-produced and sold as an advanced textbook on chronothaumaturgical mathematics and physics.

Mallory spends an incredible 1,917 pages proving, through precise and mind-bending multi-dimensional mystical mathematical formulae that sorcery as we know it cannot warp time or space. To compound the utter uslessness of this gargantuan paperweight, described by many students as "Spinecrusher, Breaker of Souls," it concludes with a motley of the most inane and ill-conceived magics ever invented. Most infuriatingly, according to Mallory's arcane computations, each of them should work perfectly.

These spells (all at Force 2) include:
align chronometer
analyze black hole
analyze chronothaumturgy
analyze wormhole
detect alternate timeline
detect space/time fold
detect teleportation
detect time travel
detect wormhole
measure speed of light

Many students suspect professors assign this book to encourage them to develop and utilize levitate spells, or for basic exercise.

Publisher: MIT&T Press
Price: 300
Availability: 4/24 hours
Humor such as this is needed

I'll try and save it all fromt he way back machine . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
TheFlatline
Prince

Post by TheFlatline »

CatharzGodfoot wrote: Now it's just...
:cool:
...Ancient History.
YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHH!
TheFlatline
Prince

Post by TheFlatline »

rasmuswagner wrote:

The preview was mucho lame. It's a bunch of old crappy guns that don't work properly with modern electronics. Yah, because i really need MAC-10s and M-16s in my game. Yawn. The full book is more of the same. There's a new assault cannon and an assault rifle that aren't old shit, but nothing that gave me a boner.
Really? Like they seriously stat out M-16s and MAC-10s?
crizh
Apprentice

Post by crizh »

Ancient History wrote:I took my fansite down. It seemed time...and past time.
That's sad.

Still, I'm enjoying the short stories. Are you planning to get involved with publishing Cthulhu stuff perhaps?
Trust The Computer, The Computer is your friend.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

No outright plans on it. The Unspeakable Oath doesn't need any of my stuff, and the anthologies pay for shit...and the only thing worse than pumping out a crap Mythos story is to pump out a good Mythos story and get paid shit for it.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

TheFlatline wrote:
rasmuswagner wrote:

Really? Like they seriously stat out M-16s and MAC-10s?
More or less.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Fuchs
Duke

Post by Fuchs »

Next book: Melee weapons of the ages! Finally get a statted out rock!
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

Think that they could sell a book of rocks? Like, a list of different sized rocks with slightly different stats?
Fuchs
Duke

Post by Fuchs »

The remaining fans of CGL (which fortunately are not equal to all the remaining fans of Shadowrun) would probably buy that, yes.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

The rest is probably going to pirate it . .
Wonder how the German Division would improve on that though . .
Probably some stones that can only be found in the ADL *snickers*
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Neurosis
Duke

Post by Neurosis »

Ancient History wrote:I took my fansite down. It seemed time...and past time.
That's kind of heartbreaking. I loved that site. Is there anything anyone can do to convince you to reconsider?
For a minute, I used to be "a guy" in the TTRPG "industry". Now I'm just a nobody. For the most part, it's a relief.
Trank Frollman wrote:One of the reasons we can say insightful things about stuff is that we don't have to pretend to be nice to people. By embracing active aggression, we eliminate much of the passive aggression that so paralyzes things on other gaming forums.
hogarth wrote:As the good book saith, let he who is without boners cast the first stone.
TiaC wrote:I'm not quite sure why this is an argument. (Except that Kaelik is in it, that's a good reason.)
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

He made an archive and put it up on rapidshare for those who want it.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Well, technically I gave it to someone else and they posted it, but more or less.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

*shrugs*
you were the only one i got the link from ^^
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Fuchs
Duke

Post by Fuchs »

Link?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Fuchs
Duke

Post by Fuchs »

Thanks!
Last edited by Fuchs on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sticks
NPC

Post by sticks »

AH just wanna ad my tuppenceworth, thanks for all you wrote on Sr, sorry its come to an end but why is understandable, the Ancient files was a immense resource for all Sr players from 1st edition upwards, and as a fan of Auntie H i just wanna wish you the best with whatever you go on to do, the new site and fiction is sweet and i will remain a follower as long as you keep writing, Gush over. Sticks.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Thanks and you are welcome.