VaeVictis, a Dom3 MP

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Already subbing :P
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Should I just put Ermor on AI?
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

I could sub, but I warn you, my multiplayer skills are very poor and I probably won't honour any previous agreements made between nations. Message me the details and I'll check in in a few hours.
tenuki
Master

Post by tenuki »

You mean everybody can attack you right away?

Sounds good to me, and it does confirm your assessment of your MP skills.

Seriously, maybe you want to reconsider that last statement and cancel NAPs as the need arises like the rest of us.
the toys go winding down.
- Primus
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

The status reports paint a very poor picture of Ermor's status in this game. I can't make any promises without more information on pretender design, scales, current research, holdings, resourcess, heroes and army set up. I will not have access to the history of the last 50 turns. I have no idea of the strategic goals of Ermor to this point and I have less of a clue as to the success of the implementation of those goals.

I'm certainly not going to let people walk all over me without putting up a fight, but I'm not going to pretend that I'll be doing anything other than providing a live target for other players.

Put another way, I doubt you would be needing a sub if Ermor had a chance in hell of influencing the outcome of this game. Still, I'm happy to step in if desired. Even if that means I get curbstomped on turn 53...
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Winnah wrote:Message me the details and I'll check in in a few hours.
What details do you mean?
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

Any pertinent information I should be aware of. I figured out most of what I need to know from reading the thread, such as turn deadlines and the like.

Messaging you my e-mail so you can send the save file.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Well, I broke the siege of Atlantis, but the Squids of R'lyeh have performed a synchronized teleport attack and seized most of my territory. Awkward. Flushing them out may be tricky.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

turn sent. Interesting set up, I'll try and keep it running until Name_Here returns. That all depends on my neighbors though.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

C'Tis reiterates its stance of neutrality. However, we will respond to any aggression against us.

Also, we are now selling Winged Boots. Astral, Death, Water are preferred, but we'd take other gem types too.
tenuki
Master

Post by tenuki »

Pangaea has taken the fight to Marignon and injected an expeditionary force deep into their, umm, hinterlands. Apparently Marignon had a similar idea and has done the same to Ermor.

We exhort all right-minded nations to give up their stance of appeasement and let themselves be cowed no longer by angelic bullying.
- Primus
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

What a dick move. Take advantage the new guy why don you? There was not even a declaration of war. This is why i suck at multiplayer. My knowledge of the game is sound, but some people are fucking bastards.

You know what. Screw Everyone. Ermor is officially pissed off.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

On the plus side, with Pangaea going into full war mode with Marignon, Marignon won't have a lot of time to crush you properly. So you're probably going to be held at arm's length for some time while we deal with the Pangaea menace.

-Marignon
tenuki
Master

Post by tenuki »

FrankTrollman wrote: So you're probably going to be held at arm's length for some time while we deal with the Pangaea menace.
Always the optimist, aren't you? :)

Looking at your gem income, you're probably right. Looking at your bless, there is probably a nice stack of clams piled up on top of that. Still, nothing worse than not trying. Allies!
- Primus
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

FrankTrollman wrote:So you're probably going to be held at arm's length for some time while we deal with the Pangaea menace.
On the minus side, they may very well cease to exist before then.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Haven't looked at the turn yet, but...

Again, C'Tis reiterates its neutrality in all ongoing conflicts.

That being said, do not confuse C'Tis's position of neutrality with either appeasement or weakness. We will trade with anyone, and will demand a fair price. And if anyone attempts to invade us, we will fight back. Our armies may be puny, but our tech is very good.

So I would strongly suggest that the major powers turn elsewhere if they want a war, as fighting us would only result in long, bloody sieges that could prove to be a fatal distraction when fighting the real superpowers in this game.

I'm also going to point out that now is a fine time for C'Tis to also attack Ermor since they seem to be under attack from both Abysia and Marignon. Attacking them could result in considerable territorial gains for C'Tis, given our long border with Ermor.

But we won't. Doing so would break our word and our public policy of strict neutrality.

To quote the Poles in 1939:

Peace is a noble and desirable thing... But peace, like anything else in this world, has a price - a high and measurable one. We do not understand the concept of peace at any price. There is only one thing in the lives of men, nation, and countries that is without price. That thing is honor.
Last edited by Zinegata on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

Do what you have to do. I promise I won't hold any serious grudges, though I am likely to swear a lot.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Honor.
Last edited by Zinegata on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
tenuki
Master

Post by tenuki »

I won't be able to get my next turn in on time. Can I have a 24-hour extension for turn 58?

Also, considering the number of stales/extensions recently, I would like to call a vote on setting the game on a 72 or 75-hour hosting schedule.
- Primus
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Ermor got dominioned out. As I understand it, this was done by Abyssia as a last minute spite deal.

-Marignon
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Spite may have factored into it, but it wasn't actually last-minute. By the time I picked up the reins of Abysia, Ermor's dominion was already pushed several provinces back from the border, right up to their capital. The strategy against Ermor from the point we went into Total War was always domkill. Mostly because Ermor's dominion was really really weak compared to ours, and we had both bloodsac, a prophet, and our pretender parked on the Ermorian border.

It just happens that the elimination of Ermor was our only achievable objective left in the war, since Pangaea refused our surrender in favor of taking all our base and is in very good position to end us within the next couple turns.

Assuming having a Lich, no provinces, and ridiculous amounts of dominion built up doesn't result in holding on with a single unit forever, anyway. <_<
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

So, assuming we're carving Ermor up like a Thanksgrieving turkey, anybody want to call dibs?
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

I thought that 5 h3 preachers in my home province + a number of other priests scattered around would keep my capital alive. Obviously wrong.

Thanks guys. Have fun. Sorry I could not hang around longer.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

C'Tis proposes a peace conference to equitably divide Ermor amongst its neighbors.

In addition, C'Tis would like to announce our desire to take one or two of low-value Ermorian border provinces to make our Eastern line of control a little neater.

Also, remind me... does C'Tis have an official NAP with Marignon, Abysia, and Man yet? In which case we'd like to offer all of them a standard 3-turn NAP.
Last edited by Zinegata on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Ctis did not have a non aggression pact with Marignon. Marignon accepts a 3 turn NAP with Ctis.

-Marignon