Geek .. the next Generation

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

tzor
Prince

Geek .. the next Generation

Post by tzor »

I just saw this on twitter than's to Phil Phlait @BadAstronomer (if you like astronomy follow him) ...

Star Trek Enterprise NCC 1701-C Coffee Table
List price is $3,100.00

Well I can still dream, can't I?
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Cute. Although, I have a three-year-old, and an aspiring three-year-old, so I can't have nice things.

That, and I'm not really a fan of Star Trek, I just find it entertaining. So the price tag totally scares me away. :o
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Does the wood on top serve any purpose aside from being in the way? O.o
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

The wood isn't on the top, the glass table rests completely on the wood.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

The bridge is atop of the glass, while the main part of the saucer section is beneath it, right? O.o
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

It looks like it's under it to me. I can see some of the reflection of the glass above it.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Hmmm . . hard to tell x.x
Last edited by Stahlseele on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

The glass table I think represents the warp field so it's above the bridge. It's also in the shape of the Enterprise logo
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

I'm not a huge Star Trek fan, but that table is just down right badass. And if you click the link and check out the other pictures, the top part of the ship is above the glass. This picture is a little clearer:
The man who made that table is obviously very talented.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.