General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Catharz
Knight-Baron

Re: Threads that make us Laugh, Cry, or Both

Post by Catharz »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1186619003[/unixtime]]
Hell yeah man rape is pretty cool.

I'm trying to parse this. First I read it as 'Hell yeah, man rape is pretty cool.', but now I'm thinking that maybe you intended 'Hell yeah man, rape is pretty cool.'.
JonSetanta
King

Re: In honor of Frank and his Sheep.

Post by JonSetanta »

o_O

Uh... Wouldn't Frank have to die to become a martyr? Or is there no direct comparison like that here. Hope not.
Don't become 'an hero'!

Also, I ain't no sheep. Frank's awesome but I have my own views, at all times. I'm just here for the fun. OK, maybe tzor is sheeply, but.. yeah.

Shop the picture from Frank's Deadlands card picture atop Jesus's face there and you're all set.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

sigma999 at [unixtime wrote:1186633953[/unixtime]]o_O

Uh... Wouldn't Frank have to die to become a martyr? Or is there no direct comparison like that here. Hope not.
Don't become 'an hero'!

Also, I ain't no sheep. Frank's awesome but I have my own views, at all times. I'm just here for the fun. OK, maybe tzor is sheeply, but.. yeah.

Shop the picture from Frank's Deadlands card picture atop Jesus's face there and you're all set.

You this card...
Deadlands
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
JonSetanta
King

Re: Threads that make us Laugh, Cry, or Both

Post by JonSetanta »

Catharz at [unixtime wrote:1186628573[/unixtime]]
MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1186619003[/unixtime]]
Hell yeah man rape is pretty cool.

I'm trying to parse this. First I read it as 'Hell yeah, man rape is pretty cool.', but now I'm thinking that maybe you intended 'Hell yeah man, rape is pretty cool.'.

Pure Win. And that's epic considering most of what Catharz writes Simply Ain't Funny.
Manrape... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!:lmao:

I was threatened ban from ENWorld for mentioning the worthlessness of katanas against anything more than flesh and bamboo (balsa wood) rather than "superior 100-fold millenium-old armor-slicing" etc, which then led into a heated debate over the worth of ALL Japanese technology (which I still wonder to this day) and then somehow, not including myself, slinging racial slurs. I was labeled 'troll' and simply didn't go back.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Frank wrote:I love you guys, but this is seriously the creepiest thing y'all have done this week.
(emphasis mine)
Would you have any appropriately creepy example from past weeks?

Also, does anyone have a link (Leress, please help, whatever your gender is!) to the beheaded Frank card? Also, my party fought Tombstone Frank last week!

Sigma wrote:Uh... Wouldn't Frank have to die to become a martyr? Or is there no direct comparison like that here. Hope not.
Don't become 'an hero'!

IIRC, Mohammed was what he was known for much before dying (of course, nobody has even pictured him AFAICT). Also, nobody asked you ... :) OK, well: I'm pretty sure plenty of other guys would confirm being Frank's devotees.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

It's in my link on the post above yours, Bigode.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
]
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Leress wrote:It's in my link on the post above yours, Bigode.
The sole picture I see there is of a Harrowed sheriff with a head in the right place ...

EDIT: Giant Frog!
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

I was reading that, and I was all like "cool, a Chaos Lord," but then I figured it was about D&D and I stopped caring.
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Witch, reasonable? :lmao:
What has changed: now a monk can choose not to have SR. And if they want it, they've to have Iron Will - I won't even go into the part where a monk can burn another optional ability to gain a grand +2 SR ...

Cielingcat wrote:I was reading that, and I was all like "cool, a Chaos Lord," but then I figured it was about D&D and I stopped caring.
It happens - playing just Storyteller now?
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

I'm not all that good at photoshoping (you would think I should get photoshop) but here is my disturbing attempt to combine the images. I present the good sunslinger.

Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

Bigode at [unixtime wrote:1186756631[/unixtime]]
Cielingcat wrote:I was reading that, and I was all like "cool, a Chaos Lord," but then I figured it was about D&D and I stopped caring.
It happens - playing just Storyteller now?

That and 40k, yeah. The not caring is because I hate all things Planescape with a burning passion, and it was about some Planescape shit.

PS: The God-Emperor of Mankind could totally bitch-slap the Lady of Pain.
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Cielingcat at [unixtime wrote:1186783281[/unixtime]]
PS: The God-Emperor of Mankind could totally bitch-slap the Lady of Pain.

Wouldn't she have to step out of Sigil for that to happen? In which case, I imagine most people could probably bitch-slap her. Unless the whole "Once you start doing crossovers, one Unbeatable has to be defeated by another Unbeatable" (also known as the "Goku vs Cthulhu" rule) thing allows the Emperor to kick his way into Sigil and use his 73 testicles to negate the special rules of Sigil.

He is pretty awesome though, no question.

Incidentally, Ceilingcat, haven't I seen you still doing various stuff on the WotC boards, like the Warlock that doesn't suck? You're one of the people there who actually know what they're talking about (and thus, earn the ire of the vast majority). So do you just design stuff, troll them for the lulz and occasionally argue points, or have you even given all that up in leaving D&D?

I need to dig up the Geneseed rules. After all, I like the setting of WH40K, but I don't like wargaming, and am too inherently lazy to paint an army (and too poor to buy one).
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

No, I don't go there anymore. The fail was too much for me to handle, but I did use to do stuff like make Warlocks that don't suck.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Ah, now I understand. People are still complaining (or going "Woah, holy crap! That's unbalanced in anything except a K and Frank way-overpowered unbalanced game!") about it.

These days I'll only go there in the vain hopes of finding something funny. They could do with a /b/ invasion.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

That Gimungous "Best Lines Ever" thread in D&D General can be pretty funny, but probably not the kind of funny you're looking for.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

It's funny in the "holy shit I hate these people" way, that's for sure.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

]
josephbt
Knight

Post by josephbt »

WotC boards implanted a Pavlov reflex in me. Any time someone mentiones Argaud, i twitch. If he joins the disscussion, i stop reading.
engi

Blood for the Blood God!
tzor
Prince

Re: The Sage speaks on Vorpal vs Fortification

Post by tzor »

Fascinating.
Jacob_Orlove
Knight

Post by Jacob_Orlove »

I like the guy who suggests that Vorpal Swords should come with a bonus Deck of Many Things.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Why, to make them even less value for money and more chance-based?

Now I read the thread, and this one I find incredible:

or find a clear and understandable answer from the kind and intelligent folk on this board.

We're talking about the WotC boards here. WHAT intelligent folk?
technomancer
Journeyman

Post by technomancer »

Presumably the ones trolling through the board looking for laughs.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Oh, valid point.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

Koumei at [unixtime wrote:1186961248[/unixtime]]Why, to make them even less value for money and more chance-based?

Now I read the thread, and this one I find incredible:

or find a clear and understandable answer from the kind and intelligent folk on this board.

We're talking about the WotC boards here. WHAT intelligent folk?

Believe me, there are some. K was a member of the message boards.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

That's true, and Ceilingcat used to be (but left), and if it's not too arrogant, I'd like to say I'm at least reasonably intelligent, and float around there on occasion. I also see random others here who have names I recognize from there, so in general, I imagine there are the few, the proud.