Threads that make us Laugh, Cry, or Both

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Jacob_Orlove
Knight

Re: Chaotic means you can't plan!

Post by Jacob_Orlove »

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthre ... 419[br][br]
wrote:Paladins and monk get some of the best things in 3.5 but the reason is that they are lawful the one drawback for the class

Username17
Serious Badass

Heads Explode!

Post by Username17 »

The more feats you have to choose from the better your fighter will be...

Head Explodes!
I can see this argument for a Cleric or a Druid. Even a Wizard. But for a fighter? They have a specific finite amount of class features. Having more to choose from doesn't make you better. Indeed, after a very achievable limit it doesn't even make you different.

-Username17
Jacob_Orlove
Knight

Re: Heads Explode!

Post by Jacob_Orlove »

From the same thread:
wrote:Hmm, the more I look at my latest fighter, the less overpowered I believe the other classes to be.

Incidentally, said fighter takes Monkey Grip at level 1.

Also:
wrote:Damage dealer? In core, you go Barbarian.

Tank? In core, you go Paladin or Barbarian.

Ranged? in Core, you go Ranger.

Grapple? You go Monk.

He put in two classes with divine casting. I guess that counts for something.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

FrankTrollman wrote:I can see this argument for a Cleric or a Druid. Even a Wizard. But for a fighter? They have a specific finite amount of class features. Having more to choose from doesn't make you better. Indeed, after a very achievable limit it doesn't even make you different.

Well the more feats there are the greater the chance there's a really broken one among them, so he's partially right ;)

Jacob_Orlove wrote:
wrote:Grapple? You go Monk.

God fucking dammit.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Damage dealer? In core, you go Wizard.

Tank? In core, you go Cleric or Druid.

Ranged? in Core, you go Wizard.

Grapple? You go Druid.

Fixed.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

Oh come on now. You can make a good grappler or damage dealer out of a cleric, too. :razz:

Spell compendium gives some stupid good spells for grappling, which stack with all the core crap. ~ +30 to grapple checks and 6d6 of fire damage to anything that you grapple (or grapples you)... at 9th level. :rolleyes:
RandomCasualty
Prince

Post by RandomCasualty »

FrankTrollman at [unixtime wrote:1187662370[/unixtime]]
The more feats you have to choose from the better your fighter will be...

Head Explodes!
I can see this argument for a Cleric or a Druid. Even a Wizard. But for a fighter? They have a specific finite amount of class features. Having more to choose from doesn't make you better. Indeed, after a very achievable limit it doesn't even make you different.

In the practical sense, everytime WotC creates new feats, it does indirectly help the fighter. The hope is that one or two of those new feats may be better than one of the old ones you would have taken.

Of course, this is just a side-effect of quantity, rather than the actual benefits of quantity.

Having 200 extra shitty feats doesn't help anyone.
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

Having 200 extra shitty feats doesn't help anyone.

Of course, in Spell Compendium, wizards get a spell that gives them a fighter bonus feat for 10 minutes/level per casting. It's 2nd level, I believe. I'm not even fooling.

I think SOMEONE hit the feat jackpot, but it ain't fightahs.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

For the video game players out there
They wonder why gamers get a bad rap

This one hurts a little...
4 Fighter Party
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
NineInchNall
Duke

Post by NineInchNall »

Yeah, um, that ST6 Liquid guy should get a "Mirror, mirror" award.
Current pet peeves:
Misuse of "per se". It means "[in] itself", not "precisely". Learn English.
Malformed singular possessives. It's almost always supposed to be 's.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

The 4 fighter party is *awesome*. I especially like the bits on crafting, trapfinding and healing- a sure sign someone isn't even passingly familiar with the system.

And the fact that the 'point buy' system he's using translates to a 50 point buy under the standard rules... wow.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

NineInchNall at [unixtime wrote:1187828948[/unixtime]]Yeah, um, that ST6 Liquid guy should get a "Mirror, mirror" award.

What's the "Mirror, Mirror" award. :confused:
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
NineInchNall
Duke

Post by NineInchNall »

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the most racist one of all?"

In other words, he needs to take a look at himself in the mirror. The dude's decrying racism while being racist himself.

And the PoorHobo guy from that "PrC dipping" thread is an ass. *sage nod*
Current pet peeves:
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

PROTIP: If anyone ever prefaces something with, 'I'm not racist or anything, but', that means that they are about to say something insanely racist.
Jacob_Orlove
Knight

Post by Jacob_Orlove »

wrote:For instance: LVL 1 human fighter. Feats: SFo[craft(armor)], GSFo[craft(armor)], SFo[craft(weaponsmithing)].

:razz:
NineInchNall
Duke

Post by NineInchNall »

But ... That's not even legal!
Current pet peeves:
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

Is... is the second one even a feat?
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Not that I know of, but I'm willing to believe it exists somewhere out there.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
shirak
Knight

Post by shirak »

Koumei at [unixtime wrote:1187842987[/unixtime]]Not that I know of, but I'm willing to believe it exists somewhere out there.

It has never shown up on any build, including the ridiculous "world record" builds over at CharOp. So I'd say this is a case of Pulling Things Out Of Your Ass. I mean, seriously, this is a guy talking about how awesome a four Fighter party is. How much do you think he read the rules?
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

I'm starting to think it's some sort of sick joke.
erik
King

Post by erik »

I'd bet money that Windspear was trolling with the 4 fighters. That doesn't make the supportive replies any less sad though, since I doubt everyone is intentionally trolling there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

shirak at [unixtime wrote:1187847911[/unixtime]]
It has never shown up on any build, including the ridiculous "world record" builds over at CharOp. So I'd say this is a case of Pulling Things Out Of Your Ass. I mean, seriously, this is a guy talking about how awesome a four Fighter party is. How much do you think he read the rules?

It could be a third party thing. CharOp hate third party stuff, presumably because either it's less balanced than WotC stuff (with the exception of a few Mongoose books, that's unlikely) or because all WotC stuff can be found anywhere, but specific non-WotC things are almost impossible to find.

But yeah, I'm willing to believe they made it up, too.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

So... here's a thing
From the 4E Eberron thread. From the mouth of the guy who fvcking designed Eberron (and apparently isn't involved anymore, which I find amusing).
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.ph ... ote][b]The danger you run into is making the artificer too much of a "I can have any spell I want whenever I want" character.[/b] So personally, I'd just say that liquid is too unstable to hold the temporary patterns of an infusion - but I can certainly see a path for making it.[/quote]

He's talking about something vaguely related, but, I found the section in bold too funny to take seriously. Because... really, thats a danger? That the artificer might actually be the unbalanced piece of crap that it was designed to be?

Somehow I'm glad Wizards didn't keep him on.

Ooo. Got another absolute moron
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.ph ... uote]Other than the stupid alignment restriction and not being able to mutliclass, the monk is one of the strongest classes in 3.5. [/quote]

This fellow is in the threads a lot, he's been annoying in any case, but this a mad dash for the biggest moron award.
Hey_I_Can_Chan
Master

Post by Hey_I_Can_Chan »

Does anyone even look at what the wizard can do?

Here. Yeah, it's EN World.

There's so much flavor text and then… nothing. Cry.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

Oy. Someone needs to be set on fire. First for the pointlessly obnoxious restrictions, then for the TeenyBopperMelodrama writing style, and finally just for being bloody stupid and thinking that was a good idea.