TES God-Killing Campaign (featuring the Blitzwing Diaries)

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

TES God-Killing Campaign (featuring the Blitzwing Diaries)

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Mostly a placeholder for now.

Basically, a friend (who doesn't have an account here) and I came up with a campaign idea while discussing rules for godhood, and killing gods.

(One of our players has an account here, and a lot of the game ideas were mentioned here here.)

That idea would be going around killing the gods of the Elder Scrolls setting in some manner, as we felt the Divines (and some of the Daedra, although whether or not we'll get to them isn't clear yet) had it coming, and Morrowind set precedent for being able to stab gods in the face.

We also decided, as to keep it from being "you can't do that," a common issue in games set in an established setting, replace the events of Morrowind onwards, meaning that any changes from the canon of those games will not be a problem.

Note: Divine Ranks exist, but aren't nearly as crazy as they are in 3.X.

Current plan is that they give bullshit divine bonuses to attack, AC, saves, resistances (i.e SR, ER, DR,) and 1/2 divine rank (minimum 1) goes to any save DCs.

The intent is to make them numerically superior to mortals but not unstoppable (high rank ones are borderline RNG-breaking, but are supposed to serve as 'end boss' NPCs anyways)

Me and my friend (not Shrapnel, the other one I mentioned earlier) are going to rotate DMing, and the other will play a character with a split personality we're working on that has little ability to advance the plot out of contributing to combat (as so we don't make a Mary Sue DMPC.)

This might or might not be a good idea, but fuck it, it's fun, so we're at least going to try it.

Game is level 5 Gestalt, first session is this Saturday.

Current characters confirmed:
Blitzwing: a Decepticon stuck in the land of Tamriel. Mechanus Warrior//Fiendish Brute. Player: Shrapnel
Ysmir: A Nord with a split personality (one good, one evil) who named himself after a legendary Nord king. Barbarian//True Fiend. Player: Yours truly (evil,) the friend I mentioned (good.)

Other players have yet to show us their characters, so these are the only two I know for sure (although at least one other person is coming.)
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

I'm curious to your Divine Rank rules.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

You've pretty much read them:
Chat log wrote:Divine Body: Get your divine rank in bonus to attack rolls, AC, DR (/epic, if you have /- it increases that instead,) skill checks, and ability checks.

Divine Soul: Get your divine rank in bonus to saving throws, turning and caster level checks, SR (equal to Divine Rank +character level +5, uses stacking rules in Dungeonomicon if you have existing SR,) and ER (Fire, cold, acid, electricity, sonic); 1/2 divine rank to save DCs (essentially increasing level for purposes of save DCs.)
Intent is to make deities better than non deities, but not to a crazy go nuts extent.

All players get max HP/HD to start with, and we're not using the "fail rolls on a 1" rule.

High rank deities are rather hard to kill (and near immune to low level characters,) but that's intentional (and at the very least better than the clusterfuck that is the Divine Rules in Deities and Demigods.)

Otherwise, a deity is a mid to high level character (~level 9-20, depending on the deity- none of the Elder Scrolls ones are above CR 15.
Gaining/Losing Divine Ranks wrote: Any challenge for divine ranks accepted by a deity cannot be undone by any means other than another challenge.

This is usually through battle, although other challenges would work if agreed upon by both parties.

Losing a battle makes you lose a divine rank (surrender/retreat counts, so gods usually fight to the death if challenged for divine ranks, unless they're convinced they'd lose more if they didn't surrender) which goes to the victor.

Defeating a deity in a way that would destroy their body (anything that would require a true resurrection, essentially) or in a particularly vicious or clever way (DM's call) takes an extra divine rank.

Divine ranks are always evenly distributed among party members.
Other: Trying to figure out how to have Domains/Spheres associated with the players without breaking the game, although just handling divine casting Eberron style (where faith powers divine magic IIRC) would probably be easier and fit better in an Elder Scrolls setting anyhow.

Divine ranks shouldn't get higher for the players than ~7 at level 11 or so (so the game will have bigger problems than +7 bullshit bonuses to attack and AC.)

Divine ranks of deities I'd post if one of my players didn't post here.

I'm not too proud of them, as they're really just DM bullshit, but that's more or less what I'm thinking of doing for now.

This is in some ways a test game for coming up with better ones in the future, since godhood in Elder Scrolls is just more numbers and higher levels (therefore they're fairly appropriate.)
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

I, Sky Lynx, shall be keeping a diary of that inferior moron's exploits in Tamerial! I shall report here each week (or so), detailing his exploits, which are less magnificent than mine, but then, what is? That Decepti-cad is but a mere hooligan, and yet he gets the spotlight that so richly and righteously belongs to the perfect and awe-inspiring frame of one so fantastic as I? Why am I even allowing such a perfectly ridiculous thought such as this to pass through my beautiful cerebro-circuitry? Bah. I should be the one graceing the surface of Tamerial with my glorious frame, not that triple-changing idiot!

In fact, here is something I'm sure you'll enjoy much more:
I did not wish to hide my great image from the world with those tacky spoilers, but who am I to complain if some of your paltry computers cannot comprehend and process my noble visage?

(NOTE: Sky Lynx was going to keep a diary of Blitzwings exploits, but he quit in a unsurpassably awe-inspiring huff. As such, I shall ask my namesake to do it, it.)

Shrapnel, take it away, away:

Blitzwing Diary, Day 0
Blitzwing fell through a trans-warp wormhole, wormhole. He landed on top of Baurion, the most important character ever, thus creating an alternate and doomed reality, reality. Thanks a lot, buddy, buddy. He was thrown in jail, because EVERY SINGLE GAME starts out there, there. It is here that he will find himself entangle in Shang Tsung's destiny's manipulations, manipulations...
TO BE CONTINUED, CONTINUED...

I hope to have his character stats up soon. Or maybe not...
Also, one last note, I will be using Blitzwing's actual toy as my miniature.
Last edited by Shrapnel on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:14 am, edited 6 times in total.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

This will either be amazing or awful. It cannot be anything in between. Also, are you going to equate the grades of weapon and armor (daedric, orcish, whatever) with +1/2/3 numerical bonuses or are you going to make new tome armours and magical abilities?
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Korgan0 wrote:This will either be amazing or awful. It cannot be anything in between.
My sentiments exactly.
Also, are you going to equate the grades of weapon and armor (daedric, orcish, whatever) with +1/2/3 numerical bonuses or are you going to make new tome armours and magical abilities?
Intent was to write new shit, but kind of haven't done that and the game starts today.

Might look over the Armors again and BS something up quickly.

I mean, for starters (from what I remember being the major [or just cool] types from TES III-V) we'd probably want something like:

Light: Fur, Leather (Netch/Imperial), Chitin, Glass, Dragon Hide
Medium: Chain Mail, Bone Mold, Orcish, Indoril/Elven, Dragon Scale
Heavy: Plate (Iron/Steel,) Dwemer, Ebony, Daedric, Dragon Bone

Shouldn't be too hard, will probably mostly rename RoW shit.

And then we'd have artifact armor, like the Ebony Mail or Savior's Hide, which would have to be written up on a case by case basis.

Daedric Weapons probably work like the Bone Blade material from Tome of Necromancy, only any weapon type and ignoring DR/alignment instead of DR of undead (and still work on any incorporeal shit.)

That pretty much covers Equipment and Special Materials of the Elder Scrolls series.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

So, first session (which was a few days ago, but I'm a lazy fuck) :

Ysmir, Blitzwing, and a Hobgoblin Fighter/Samurai from near Akavir (whose name I forget, it was proto-Semitic for Lion of Truth) all meet in an Imperial prison.

Turns out we all were involved in a bar fight that ended with the death of the Nerevarine, (who Ysmir at least partially ate, being a cannibal) who had just gained the support of all of the Ashlands tribes and Great Houses.

The Empire, now genuinely fearing a Dunmer uprising, offers us all an opportunity for freedom: eliminate the Tribunal and Dagoth Ur, as they were the only ones capable of leading a rebellion with a chance of success.

The Empire acknowledges that we might become more powerful than the Tribunal by taking their secrets for ourselves, but they realize they have no choice, as they lack any agents capable of assassinating the Tribunal (and they'd ward off armies easily.)

So it was all settled.

After a flight to the city of Balmorra, Nerevarine's superior in the Blades, Caius Cosades, briefs us that he thinks some of the Daedra would be amused by the death of the Tribunal.

For fun, Ysmir takes his Skooma, and gets high on the trip to find some Daedra who would be interested.

Some Storm Atronachs we came across were not interested, so they were promptly killed.

We discovered that a Golden Saint named Staada held information on the Clockwork City of Sotha Sil, and after finding it by finding an Orc miner it drove insane named The Brock it gives us a device that will teleport us to Sotha Sil's chambers.

We get Sotha Sil in his sleep, and fight off his construct bodyguards, eventually making it back to Staada, who starts flirting with the party, and Ysmir decides to answer it by flirting back.

After a night of debauchery, Ysmir strangles Staada while the latter is sleeping and eats the Daedra's corpse (sans Heart, which he later sells to a Telvanni city, along with the Brock as a slave).

We travel to Vivec City, where we find out that since a Tribunal member has mysteriously died (thanks to us, but they don't know that,) Vivec has tightened his security measures.

We overcome this by making up a fake story about a merchant selling Skooma and other illegal goods (which Ysmir presents his empty Skooma bottles as evidence,) and after the Ordinators surprisingly buy this, we kill the few in the Office who stay back, and take their armor as disguises.

Ysmir eats their bodies and the three of us find a key to Vivec's chambers and enter his abode.

However, he senses something isn't right with us and readies to fight....

Who will win? Find out on next week's episode of Elder Scrolls Z! (Episode name: Vivec dies.)
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Blitzwing Diary, Day 1

Blitzwing got arrested for vagrancy, which is a serious crime in the Illiac Bay region, region. He got thrown into the slammer, and, along with Ysmir and a hobgoblin fighter-samuri who had a proto-semetic name that means true-seeing lion or some such crap, was sent to Seyda Neen, Neen. There, Socucius Ergalla processed them and sent them to Balmora, Balmora. They all flew there, courtesy of Blitwing's Soviet MiG-25 fighter jet mode, mode. Once they landed, they either talked to Caius Cosades or got attacked by Storm Atronachs, I can't remember which happend first, first. Either way, the party was then told by Caius to go fuck up the Tribunal's shit, shit. After some dicking around, general malfeasance on the part of the players, and lots of arguing, Blitzwing led the way to an assault on Clockwork City, and there they kicked Sotha Sil's wrinkly, wizardly ass, ass. Oh, and there were some golems, or something, something. Then, everyone headed the city of Vivec, where they killed some Ordinators, and took their armor, armor. Then, they entered into Vivec's palace, and did... something, something. I forget what, what. And then people got bored and the session ended, ended.

THE ENDING OF THE WORDS IS ALMSIVI

Blitzwing's character sheet, for those interested:
Blitzwing, NE Warforged Mechanus Warrior 6//Fiendish Brute 6
Divine Rank 1

HP: 102
Initiative: +5
Armor Class: 10 base +2 Dexterity -1 size +6 natural +14 armor +7 shield +1 divine = 39, touch 21, flat-footed 39 (uncanny dodge)
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares,) fly 60 ft. (good) in jet mode
Attack: Magnetic Dust +21 melee touch (1d8+21 plus 2 Con) or Gear Thrower +22/+22 ranged (1d6+14 plus 2 Con/18-20) or Tank Gun +22 ranged (6d6+14 plus 2 Con/x4)
Full Attack: Magnetic Dust +21/+19 melee touch (1d8+21 plus 2 Con) or Gear Thrower +22/+22/+20/+20 ranged (1d6+14 plus 2 Con/18-20) or Tank Gun +22 ranged (6d6+14 plus 2 Con/x4)
Abilities:
Str= 18 base +2 enhancement +1 level up +8 size +3 class =32 (+11)
Dex= 15 base +1 class -2 size = 14 (+2)
Con= 14 base +2 racial +2 enhancement +4 size +2 class = 24 (+7)
Int= 10 base =10 (+0)
Wis= 8 base =8 (-1)
Cha= 8 base =8 (-1)
Saves: Fort +16, Ref +9, Will +1
Skills: Craft +17, Disable Device +16, Perception +12, Sense Motive +9
Feats: Blitz, Combat School (More Points For Blitzwing, works for Melee Weapon Cogs,) Danger Sense, Great Fortitude, Improved Cog Transformation, Large Size, Point Blank Shot
SR 12, Resist fire, cold, electricity, acid, sonic 1, DR 6/- (8/- in Tank mode)
Languages: Common, Cybertronix (useless in this Campaign)
Gear: Giant Locker (Large Magic Tower Shield of Storing, as per Gloves of Storing, but with better carrying capacity, can fit a Medium creature inside, person doesn’t need to eat or sleep and is safe as long as the item is,) Die-Cast Metal Armor (Magic Adamantine Full Plate,)
Weapon Cogs (Ex): The Mechanus Warrior has a special relationship with minor Modron assistants that live inside his body called Cogs. These creatures transform into useful items. At first level, the Mechanus Warrior can transform them into various self propelled weapons that are attached to his body or withdraw them into himself as a Move Action. A Mechanus Warrior can always use their Strength Modifier on attack rolls with their Weapon Cogs, regardless of whether it is a ranged weapon or melee weapon. Attacking with a Weapon Cog only literally requires one hand to use it, but the other hand cannot make a weapon attack in a Two Weapon Fighting sort of way. Weapon Cog weaponry always has an enhancement bonus of 1/3 the character's level to attack and damage, rounded up (no max; +2 at level 5-6, +3 from levels 7-9, +4 from levels 10-12, etc.). Available weapons are as follows:
•Gear Thrower. This is like a crossbow that never needs to be reloaded and has a very high rate of fire. It has a range increment of 40' + 5' per level, and every time it is fired the Mechanus Warrior can make two attacks on the same target (or on two different targets if they are within 10' of each other). Each attack does 1d6 of slashing damage with a threat range of 18-20.
•Can only be used in Jet Mode (switching to this weapon starts it)
•Tank Gun: This weapon is a very large cannon that fires powerful bolts. As a standard action it can be fired as a ranged attack (out to Long Range: 400’ +40 ft./level) dealing 3d6 points of piercing damage with a x4 crit multiplier. It ignores DR and hardness of any type. For each attack afforded by a high Base Attack Bonus this damage increases by 3d6.
•Can only be used in Tank Mode (switching to this weapon starts it)
•Magnetic Dust. This weapon is a series of extremely fine gears held together with magnetic force. It appears vaguely sword or ax shaped, but is gray and semi-transparent. It does 1d8 of piercing damage with a x2 critical, but attacks made with it are melee touch attacks.
•Can only be used in Robot Mode (switching to this weapon starts it)

Mechanus Mind (Ex): A Mechanus Warrior may make Fort saves instead of Willpower saves. A Mechanus Warrior may use their Intelligence Modifier instead of their Wisdom Modifier on skill checks.

Lawful Aura (Su): A Mechanus Warrior responds to detect law and similar effects as a Lawful Outsider or Cleric of their Hit Dice.

Iron Guts (Ex): A Mechanus Warrior is full of metal bits, and is immune to any poison that does not affect constructs.

Danger Sense: A Mechanus Warrior gains Danger Sense as a bonus feat. They also get Trapfinding.

Construction: A Mechanus Warrior may use their highest ranked Craft Skill in lieu of any other Craft skill for any purpose. In effect, the player need only write "Craft" rather than "Craft Blacksmithing" (or whatever). In addition, the Mechanus Warrior may use their ranks in Craft as a Caster Level for purposes of qualifying for and using Item Creation feats.

Great Fortitude: At 2nd level, a Mechanus Warrior gains Great Fortitude as a bonus feat.

Spell-like abilities (Sp): As a Mechanus Warrior gains levels, they get access to a number of divinations as spell-like abilities. Each spell can be invoked once per day for every attack guaranteed them by their BAB (so they get a second use of each per day at BAB +6 and a third at +11). At 2nd level they can use locate object, at 5th level clairvoyance, at 7th level locate creature, at 10th level legend lore, and at 13th level discern location.

For Blitzwing his divinations are him asking a Football Coach for advice he interprets liberally.

Strength Enhancement: Starting at 3rd level, the Mechanus Warrior has an Enhancement Bonus to Strength. This bonus is 1/3 of their level, rounded up (no max; +2 at level 5-6, +3 from levels 7-9, +4 from levels 10-12, etc.).

Fortification: As a Mechanus Warrior becomes more powerful, their insides become more redundant and mechanical. At 3rd level, this manifests as a 25% chance to negate a critical or precision based damage boost against them - as light fortification armor. At 7th level this increases to a 50% chance to negate, and it rises to 100% at 11th level.

Tool Cogs (Ex): At 4th level, the Cogs can become all manner of useful devices, and with a Move Action can be converted into masterwork tools appropriate to any task. They retain their enhancement bonus of 1/3 level, rounded up, for this purpose.

Vision Enhancement (Ex): At 4th level, a Mechanus Warrior's cybernetic eyes are of such power that he can see in darkness and cannot be dazzled or blinded by flashing light. Not even magical flashing light.

Wounding (Su): From 5th level on, when a Mechanus Warrior damages a creature with a Weapon Cog attack, the target also suffers 2 points of Constitution damage.

Constitution Enhancement: Starting at 5th level, the Mechanus Warrior has an Enhancement Bonus to Constitution. This bonus is 1/3 of their level, rounded up.

Stability (Ex): At 6th level, a Mechanus Warrior can stand and move in difficult terrain without penalty and trip or grapple attempts against him have a -4 penalty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keen (Su): At 7th level, a Mechanus Warrior's Weapon Cogs attacks have their threat range doubled.

Assistant Cogs (Ex): From 8th level on, a Mechanus Warrior is constantly assisted by cogs in various shapes. Whenever a Mechanus Warrior makes a d20 roll, they get a +2 Aid Another bonus.

Knockdown (Su): When a 9th level Mechanus Warrior damages a target with a Weapon Cog attack, the target must make a save with a DC of 10 + 1/2 Level + Strength Modifier or fall prone. Bonuses against Trip attempts add to this saving throw.

Planar Tracking (Su): When a 9th level Mechanus Warrior is tracking a creature and comes to a point at which they have teleported or traveled through dimensions, they can follow them with a DC 25 Survival check. Any required portal or rift is briefly reopened, and they can take up to one extra medium creature per level with them.

Intelligence Enhancement: Starting at 9th level, the Mechanus Warrior has an Enhancement Bonus to Intelligence. This bonus is 1/3 of their level, rounded up (no max). Why Blitwing has this, only Ant knows.

Iron Body: At 10th level, mechanus steel appears even on the skin of the Mechanus Warrior. They gain a +4 bonus to their Racial Bonus to Strength, and their native form has a +6 Natural Armor bonus.

Greater Weapon Cogs (Ex): From 12th level on, the Mechanus Warrior can make their cogs into more extreme and personalized weapons. Go ahead and make some custom ones that are kind of like this:
•Chain Gun. It's a series of spinning tubes, out of which a vast number of steel needles fly out. Each attack attacks all creatures in a line out to Long Range, and while it does not inflict criticals at all, it strikes each target once for each point the attack beats the AC by. Each hit is simply 1d6 of Piercing Damage, but remember that it's a Weapon Cog.
•Steam Hammer. It's like a giant metal hammer that is accelerated by a jet of steam whenever it is swung. It is a reach weapon that inflicts 3d8 of Bludgeoning Damage with a x4 critical. Every time it hits, there is a burst of steam so severe that it impairs visibility like obscuring mist, dissipating in 2 rounds.
•Thresher Combine. It's a bunch of scythe blades that spin around the Mechanus Warrior, grab things, and tear them to pieces. When the user attacks, they may make an attack on every opponent within reach. Each hit does 2d6 of Slashing Damage with a x4 critical, and any target damaged by it is also entangled and considered to be in Difficult Terrain until they begin a turn outside the Cog's threatened area.
•Furnace Blaster. It's like a large brass lantern, and when it is opened a jet of fire lurches out to reduce things to burning slag. As an attack action, the Mechanus Warrior can spray 10d6 of Fire Damage in a cone out to short range. Creatures in the area may attempt a Reflex save for half damage, DC 10 + 1/2 Level + Strength Modifier.

Instability (Su): At 14th level, the Mechanus Warrior can shift between the material and the ethereal at will. They can go to the Ethereal plane whenever they want, but they can also phase in and out like blink, but without themselves suffering any miss chances.

Mechanus Cannon (Su): A 15th level Mechanus Warrior can open a gate to places they have been in Mechanus. They can use this for travel to that plane, but they can also open one up right in front of one of the great pistons of that plane just long enough for a titanic column of metal to come down and crush things. The Mechanus Warrior nominates a 20' diameter circle and everything in that circle up to 100' off the ground is pounded by a giant column of Mechanus Steel. This does 20d6 of nonmagical Bludgeoning Damage and there is no save.

Feat: Improved Cog Transformation: Whenever Blitzwing switches Weapon Cogs he transforms, granting him bonuses, although when not in Robot Mode he cannot perform any task requiring limbs (spells with somatic components, holding things, opening doors, etc.) other than those using his Cogs (activating Magic Items does not count as requiring limbs, even if it should based on the item’s description, for this purpose):
Tank Mode: Enhancement to Damage Reduction, equal to ⅓ character level, rounded up (no max; +2 at level 5-6, +3 from levels 7-9, +4 from levels 10-12, etc.) Gives access to Tank Gun.
Jet Mode: Fly Speed of 60’, with Good Manueverability. Gives access to Gear Thrower.
Robot Mode: Can use limbs normally. Gives access to Magnetic Dust.

Note: Using this variant of Warforged DarthRabbitt found on the Den.
- Medium Size
- 30ft. movement
- Construct Type (living construct subtype)
- Darkvision
- +2 Constitution
- Customization: Warforged can count as being of any race for purposes of meeting the prerequisites of feats that can be explained as mechanical changes, such as Wings of Evil, Extra Arms or Large Size Fiendish feats
- Reprogramming: you can use the retraining rules even if your fellow PC can't. Alternately, you can spend a month of time to retrain as if you levelled
- +4 bonus on Craft checks.
- Automatic languages: Common
Darth Rabbitt wrote:Who will win? Find out on next week's episode of Elder Scrolls Z! (Episode name: Vivec dies.)
But, what if the password isn't Porunga?

And it also seems I forgot some stuff. Ah, well....

...I just realized something: Why didn't I ask Ant if it was good idea to play Blitzwing?! HE would know! He's like that guy on top of Celedon Mansion who knows everything!
Last edited by Shrapnel on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Half asleep upon my knee
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

what the fucking fuck
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

There is a lot of legitimate WTF going on in this game log (and this game in general,) can you be more specific?

I'm just curious.
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

I think this all makes perfect sense, actually.
Half asleep upon my knee
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Shrapnel wrote:I think this all makes perfect sense, actually.
If you know our group it does.

To passive observers it is pretty goddamn fucked up shit.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Please tell me the insane Orc had levels in Pokemaster. Also please tell me whether he did truthfully.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Aryxbez
Duke

Post by Aryxbez »

Alas, I believe it's supposed to be an expy of this guy: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-P6RrDmg4VQY/T ... lesnar.jpg

Darth Rabbitt wrote:
Shrapnel wrote:I think this all makes perfect sense, actually.
If you know our group it does.

To passive observers it is pretty goddamn fucked up shit.
Actually, your group and mine would get along quite well, and thus I didn't really find much odd about this. Save maybe the exotic character type having Blitzwing on board, but if anything that's just something I fully support, especially as an example of how one shouldn't be so limited when it comes to Fantasy (with an established and limiting fantasy setting no less!).

Digging the name drops, interesting going through the wiki to see what interesting things it holds. Looking forward to seeing more player characters join this campaign (hopefully one of them will be a Mudcrab, or have one as a companion). Also impressed if this cannibal nord can make the bodies disappear so well via eating them.
What I find wrong w/ 4th edition: "I want to stab dragons the size of a small keep with skin like supple adamantine and command over time and space to death with my longsword in head to head combat, but I want to be totally within realistic capabilities of a real human being!" --Caedrus mocking 4rries

"the thing about being Mister Cavern [DM], you don't blame players for how they play. That's like blaming the weather. Weather just is. You adapt to it. -Ancient History
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Several things:

First, I like the cut of your jib.

Second, which wiki?

And third, yes he can. He eats them by pressing the white button on the controller.

EDIT: We should get our groups together for a play date.
Korgan0 wrote:what the fucking fuck
I realize this is somewhat late, but... is that a good fucking fuck, or bad one?
Last edited by Shrapnel on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Half asleep upon my knee
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Aryxbez wrote:Alas, I believe it's supposed to be an expy of this guy: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-P6RrDmg4VQY/T ... lesnar.jpg
I didn't write up The Brock, so I have no idea of which one the DM was thinking, or his stats, although I believe he was a Commoner statistically.

My personal guess would be the latter since when I said, "Hey Brock, I'm Misty," (which would be ten times funnier if you realized that one of the things I use for a miniature, the one I always use for whatever I'm playing, is a cheap PVC figurine of Misty [especially if the character looks nothing like Misty] I found at a comic book store somewhere that fits a single 5' square on a grid,) I got no response from the DM other than "He doesn't know what you're talking about."

But then again our last game was a highly satirical Pokemon D20 so you never really know, do you.

Ironically, since me and that DM are rotating DMing (Ysmir has a split personality, and we each play one, mine's the Evil cannibal one, his is a Good presumably non-cannibal one; it's a fun idea and since the story's straightforward enough we don't think it will cause a problem, and we co-wrote most of the creatures, equipment, and deities.) I would have in fact made it be an Orc Pokemaster who didn't wear a shirt.

Then again, The Brock was temporarily insane when he announced that as his name (while breaking rocks with his head) so he could very plausibly could have been both, or neither, in character.

He's House Telvanni property now so it doesn't really matter anymore.
Actually, your group and mine would get along quite well, and thus I didn't really find much odd about this. Save maybe the exotic character type having Blitzwing on board, but if anything that's just something I fully support, especially as an example of how one shouldn't be so limited when it comes to Fantasy (with an established and limiting fantasy setting no less!).
The intent, at least in part, is to be able to fuck up the shit of an incredibly detailed world, so the PCs are expected to be crazy out of place.
Digging the name drops, interesting going through the wiki to see what interesting things it holds. Looking forward to seeing more player characters join this campaign (hopefully one of them will be a Mudcrab, or have one as a companion). Also impressed if this cannibal nord can make the bodies disappear so well via eating them.
He can, as he actually ate the Ordinator's corpses to hide as much evidence as possible (and because he was hungry.)

Chances are that he's a Draugr of some sort (would be in line with his namesake, who became Underking.)

He has Human Form at will, so if I can make him a Tome of Necromancy Ghoul that would work perfectly.

Regardless, it was ruled that whatever bones were left could be easily stowed away.
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

But................................................. Nah, I got nothin'. All tapped for the night. I need to recharge humor emitter array, madam.
Half asleep upon my knee
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Operation Elder Shield has continued, and the first, smaller part commenced.

I MCed this time (as I mentioned earlier, me and another friend, as in not Shrapnel, in the group are rotating between playing Ysmir's alternate personalities and DMing, which works surprisingly well.)

In spite of because of this, much was accomplished compared to last time.

Good Ysmir wants to eliminate the Tribunal because he genuinely cares for the good of the Empire (wimp,) although he is willing to associate with evil people and do sketchy things in order to do so.

Our Hobgoblin buddy was missing (his player couldn't make it,) so it was ruled that he fell into some sort of trap of Vivec's, was teleported off to who knows where, and on his way back (possibly along with another friend of mine who might join) killed Alduin, who took the opportunity caused by the doomed timeline (read:us) to try and return early (Akatosh allowed this because he is becoming afraid of the party, since he considers himself to have absolute control over time, the thing we're messing with, what with it being his portfolio and all, and figures his firstborn would be dealt with easier than we would, which is true, but turned out poorly) although he was weaker since he was beaten sooner than he would have gotten by Skyrim, because in Skyrim he had more time to get used to being back in the space-time continuum (Alduin was a portion of the campaign that we were going to cut for time, and this resolves that and explains a player's absence.)

Vivec started by revealing that Ysmir was an avatar of Lorkhan, which Ysmir (good or evil) didn't remember due to his psyche fragmenting, which in and of itself is a result of the destruction of the Underking (undead conglomerate of the original Ysmir, avatar of Lorkhan, and Talos/Tiber Septim's former Battle Mage Zurin Arcturus) during the Warp in the West (specifically the Underking's ending in Daggerfall.)

Since Ysmir got enough help to kill the Nerevarine due to the appearance of Blitzwing, which resulted in a (Hob)Goblin traveler from near Akavir to explore Tamriel, and all three started a drunken bar brawl with the Nerevarine, as opposed to just Ysmir, who would have lost) Lorkhan's avatar was free to cause more Chaos than he could have ever dreamed of, although concern for the Empire (remnant of Arcturus) tempered this into the alternate personality.

He then fired off a Lahm's Finger Darts (Carnage Sphere, Vivec was a modified True Fiend) at Ysmir and paralyzed him.

He figured that Blitzwing was the Dwemer construct pet of Ysmir (much to Blitzwing's dismay) and thus if he killed Ysmir Blitzwing would be easier to deal with.

While he attempted to coup de grace (not easy, since Ysmir has DR and a high Fort save) Ysmir Blitzwing got off a few good shots at him and took him down.

As Ysmir recovered, a dying Vivec, accepting that he was going to be destroyed and thus for one last moment thought about what was best for his people, told the party to end the last Tribunal, Almalexia's suffering (she hadn't taken the loss of her power well canonically, and the Nerevarine and Sotha Sil's deaths only furthered her paranoia,) defeat Dagoth Ur, and then resolve the remaining tensions between the Dunmer people and the Empire in a peaceful and effective manner.

He also instructed the use of Kagrenac's Tools, and a possible way to destroy the Heart of Lorkhan, in brief, in order to do so (so ironically Lorkhan, in a way, will destroy his own Heart.)

He gave them Wraithguard, and Unique Dwemer Artifact, although he admitted that Dagoth Ur still had the other Tools, and in fact had brought them from his Ash Vampires to his own Citadel in Red Mountain since he found out about the death of the Nerevarine.

By dying Vivec also gave one of his Divine Ranks to each of them.

Good Ysmir liked this idea, although Blitzwing thought it was hilarious.

The two returned to Caius, who informed them that Helseth, the Dunmer King (and Imperial Stooge) of Mournhold, where Almalexia lived, was delighted when the Blades told him of a plan that would kill off Almalexia without blame to be placed on him.

The party traveled to Mournhold (City of Lights, City of MMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAGIC!) and were informed by Helseth that he would create a distraction (by hiring the Dark Brotherhood agents that were originally to try to kill the Neravarine, a la Tribunal, to attack various citizens throughout Mournhold and even his own Royal Guard, to place blame off him) that would send off enough of Almalexia's High Ordinators to make sure that the party would be able to take care of Almalexia easily enough.

Despite Almalexia being stronger than Vivec, the fight ended much quicker, since she didn't go first with Lahm's Finger Darts + Subtle Cut (to shoot the weak point) for massive (Dex) damage and roll really well when doing so.

Also, she had prepared Parboil and everyone had a good Fortitude save, so that didn't work well.

After her death, everyone got another Divine Rank and returned to tell Helseth that things went easier than expected, and collected a big reward of some personal gifts from his royal armory (a shiny new Scythe of Sharpness for Ysmir, and some shiny new Ghost Touch Dragon Bone armor for Blitzwing.)

Helseth, in his haste to cover up his actions (since again, everyone, including me as MC, was convinced that the fight would take longer) pissed off the party one time too many (Good Ysmir was disgusted with how corrupt the King of Mournhold was, while Blitzwing was disgusted by the fact that the King of Mournhold was dismissive of what he called "Decepticon Nonsense," a term that he used for what he apparently called Blitzwing's ramblings) and in the chaos that ensued mysteriously died horribly and painfully, along with some of his Royal Guards.

To anyone other than the higher ups in the Blades, and the Emperor himself, no one knows who was responsible for these deaths (since all the other people who did died screaming.)

Now, after one more meeting with Caius Cosades (upon which he confirmed that the province would be divided up among the three player characters) it was time to kill Dagoth Ur.

But first Caius was killed since Blitzwing figured that Caius knew too much, and actually quite successfully convinced Good Ysmir that anyone who knew their secret was potentially dangerous, since they already were equal in power to each other, and any more rivals were dangerous to whatever they intended to do with their respective new powers and god-kingdoms.

After a long trek involving killing every Cliff Racer in the Ashlands, the players finally made it to Dagoth Ur (being too fed up with Cliff Racers to deal with Dagoth Ur's Ash Vampires) and fought him.

In his full power (and in the closing hour of the session forgetting a level-up that would have greatly helped,) Dagoth Ur's defenses were too great for the party to deal with unless they were rolling 20s, but fortunately Good Ysmir made a Bluff Check high enough (and Dagoth Ur a Sense Motive low enough) to convince Dagoth Ur that they wanted to join with him, and then cut off one of his arms and one of his legs in the surprise round (since Dagoth Ur is basically a weaker Lich with a much better Phylactery, he has crap Fort saves, and Sharpness effects objects, so he toppled over) and then Blitzwing blew what was left of Dagoth Ur to pieces with his Tank Gun (which ignores DR, Hardness, and Crit Resistance.)

So Dagoth Ur's soul returned to the Heart, and much like the game, he didn't realize what the players intended to do until it was too late... the Heart was destroyed, and along with it Dagoth Ur.

Although Good Ysmir feared that he might die, due to he and the Heart both being parts of Lorkhan, he actually, along with Blitzwing, just absorbed a lot of the Heart's Power (+2 Divine Ranks, and there the session ended with Dagoth Ur suggesting, in his last words, that they should take on the Divines and the Empire...)

Next up: Operation Elder Storm, where Ysmir, Blitzwing, and friends learn to stop worrying (about each other being threats to their power) and love killing the Divines

What do you think, sirs?

EDIT: and the Brock was named such because the MC had to pull a name out of his ass, it had no other meaning and he was just an Orc Commoner)
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

I was expecting you guys to take a hell of a lot longer to go medieval on the collective asses of a great deal of the Elder Scrolls pantheon, for one thing.
Aryxbez
Duke

Post by Aryxbez »

Korgan0 wrote:I was expecting you guys to take a hell of a lot longer to go medieval on the collective asses of a great deal of the Elder Scrolls pantheon, for one thing.
Same here, it seems like the whole god slaying is happening a little quick. However, considering the main poster for this thread said in the Blitzwing thread, that it'd probably end in the summer, I guess it's only understandable to make most out of every session. Sounds to me like they're making good on the time they do have to say the least.

Also Shrapnel, to answer your query, regarding The Elder Scrolls Wiki, however I have checked out Blitzwings wiki as well, and he's probably one of the most compelling Decepticons I never knew about (till now). Oh, and I'm sure if we all lived in the same general idea, that'd be pretty dang cool.

Oh, there is genuine concern of future players missing out on divinity bonuses to stuff. So if there's gonna be any actual new players, they won't have as much influence. Then again, it's so brief, than I'm sure nobody will care too much in the end (especially if their character is built awesomely to begin with).
What I find wrong w/ 4th edition: "I want to stab dragons the size of a small keep with skin like supple adamantine and command over time and space to death with my longsword in head to head combat, but I want to be totally within realistic capabilities of a real human being!" --Caedrus mocking 4rries

"the thing about being Mister Cavern [DM], you don't blame players for how they play. That's like blaming the weather. Weather just is. You adapt to it. -Ancient History
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Yeah, as Aryxbez said, it's mostly cut due to time constraints.

The first session went slower than expected, so I tried to rush up the second, and while I think it turned out pretty well, I'm a rather biased fucker since I'm the one who ran it.

Also, story-wise the Tribunal (especially since their lack of exposure to the Heart for so long) are much weaker than the Divines (who in turn are either weaker or care less about Nirn than the Daedra, or both, depending on who you ask,) and are much more accessible given that they live on Nirn (whereas even the local man-god of the Divines lives in Aetherius,) so I think it can be justified a bit.

And Dagoth Ur would have taken a lot longer (and was absurdly stronger than the other Tribunal members) if the party didn't use awesomely cheesy tactics to kill him.

And the Alduin thing is to explain why the new players have as many divine ranks as the people who took on the Tribunal (I'm handwaving the dragon soul absorption as being similar to gaining Divine Ranks) and were missing from some rather important battles (they took on Alduin nearly single-handedly.)

Also it can be assumed that everyone other than Blitzwing is Dragonborn (since Blitzwing isn't from Nirn, he couldn't have a dragon soul) so the missing player(s) are able to take power from the dragons easily.

Also, most of the really hardcore people in Elder Scrolls seem to be Dragonborn (IIRC there's a book that calls Nerevar/the Nerevarine Dragonborn, even though what that meant wasn't known by Morrowind, and Ysmir is explicitly said to be so) so storywise it would make some vague semblance of sense that the people outleveling the setting can do all the crazy shit and become gods.

Again, though, I openly admit that's probably just bullshit I'm just spewing to justify me handling things poorly.

I consider this campaign a love letter to Elder Scrolls in the same way Abobo's Big Adventure is to the NES.

And about as not at all serious.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Aryxbez wrote:
Korgan0 wrote:I was expecting you guys to take a hell of a lot longer to go medieval on the collective asses of a great deal of the Elder Scrolls pantheon, for one thing.
Same here, it seems like the whole god slaying is happening a little quick. However, considering the main poster for this thread said in the Blitzwing thread, that it'd probably end in the summer, I guess it's only understandable to make most out of every session. Sounds to me like they're making good on the time they do have to say the least.

Also Shrapnel, to answer your query, regarding The Elder Scrolls Wiki, however I have checked out Blitzwings wiki as well, and he's probably one of the most compelling Decepticons I never knew about (till now). Oh, and I'm sure if we all lived in the same general idea, that'd be pretty dang cool.
Darth Rabbitt wrote: The first session went slower than expected
Actually, the reason that it took so long is because someone was distruptive to the first session, and everyone involved in it. And Aryxbez, I now love you. :wink:

And now, without further ado...
(drumroll)
THE BLITZWING DIARY, DAY 2

Today's host: Blurr

(Note: It's best to read this at high-speed.)

BlitzwingandhisfriendswenttogofightVivecandkilledhimdeadyeah?ThenhekilledAlmalexiaandDagothUrandKingHelsethandCaisCosades
andthenhegotsomelandandgottheHlaauunderhiscontrolandnowthey'regoingtokillthedivinesandthat'sbadrealbadbutdotheylisten?
Notheydon'tcausethey'rebadthat'swhyandthereyouhaveitgoodbyegoodnightgoodlucktheend.

Phew. All this talk of Elder Scroll's has made me thirsty. I think I'm gonna play Oblivion now.
Last edited by Shrapnel on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half asleep upon my knee
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Dude, break that line up, you're stretching the page.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

That better?
Half asleep upon my knee
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

What ho, Blitzwingers! I come with (semi) grave news. Unfortunately, one of our group is convalescencing, and will probably be out of commission for quite some time, and we probably won't be picking up on Blitzwings swath of carnage until, saayy, winter. Perhaps sooner if Primus is with us. I also apologize for the recent lacklaster reporting here; the lastest update was the lastest session. BUT! Hopefully we'll be here again soon.

So, until then, some blatent product placement:

Pepsi Convoy has but one mission—to bring cool, refreshing carbonated beverages to the thirsty sentients across the galaxy. With his powerful CO2 gun, fueled by the massive Bottle Station , even the mightiest of thirsts shall be quenched!
Half asleep upon my knee