Pretty Soldier Sailor Luna: Online OWoD interest scout

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

@Whipstitch: I'll give you the concept and learning curve. I never found demon's duality... well I never particularly found Demon's duality. I always just played, and saw others play, the demon, with the human as basically a book of social connections and modern knowledge they could reference to varying degrees of ease and validity.

@Quantum: Sorry, you forgot a quote tag and it hurts my eyes to look at, and I've been working overtime on my D&D game due to shelving the campaign I was running and needing to work up a new one. I'll take a look over everything and get back to you by two hours to game time. Hopefully sooner.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Yeah, in practice it'll probably play out that way, at least outwardly. One of the goofiest things about WoD games is that the fluff on the tin implies that they're all about the angst yet at the end of the day ttrpgs aren't really well-suited towards character study because it's an ensemble performance during which shit presumably gets done. Unless I try boring you guys to death with monologues or start keeping a diary for people to steal there's all sorts of stuff that frankly shouldn't come up.
Last edited by Whipstitch on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Plus, watching an hour long episode of a show about a vampire who has a soul, and has had for a couple hundred years at least, angst about how he's still a monster and no one loves him when he's practically drowning in the tits and pussy thrown at him is bad enough. A game of four+ supernaturals doing the same thing for three+ hours would incite mass suicide, just to escape the wangst. I've found that introspective concepts don't work well, even if only for issues of performance anxiety.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

@Prak: No problem, I saw the quote tag thing after you'd read it but couldn't edit by that point. I'll re-send without the badness.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Is anyone else having trouble loading the site?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Korgan, Quantum and I are connected.
Last edited by Whipstitch on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'm having trouble connecting as well. If I were inclined to believe in higher powers, I'd believe someone doesn't want this game being played...

edit: facepalm.jpg.

I've been trying to load for half an hour. I'll leave the window open in case it actually loads, but I don't think it's happening this week.
Last edited by Prak on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Could we try falling back to IRC since Chamomile hasn't shown or posted?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

sure. I don't know if there'd be any issue with using #Arbitrarystring

Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Apparently 26 minutes ago the roll20 twitter feed posted something about a sync server hiccup that they're looking into.
bears fall, everyone dies
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Ah, I should probably follow that...

Oh well, IRC it is, I suppose.

Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Damn, I should have thought to check this thread ages ago. Yeah, I can't connect either. Give me a minute to try and get IRC set up.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

irc.nightstar.net #arbitrarystring

Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

I ran out of painkillers a few days ago. I legitimately cannot remember when because since then my sleep has been so irregular and my ability to properly focus through the ache so erratic (plus since I'm taking time off from stuff to recover and am thus left without the normal demands of a schedule) that I didn't even realize I was missing the game until I woke from fourteen fitful hours of sleep that felt more like six and found that gametime was like five hours ago. Rest assured I was having no fun at your expense, however. I'm sure as Hell hoping that I won't miss the game next week, or at the very least not for the same reason.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

No worries, things happen.

Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

So, I won't be able to make next week's session as I'll be on a plane over the Pacific Ocean. The day before probably won't work either since that's my last day in Australia for a few months. I won't get back to the states until Sunday evening EST, so I don't know how that's going to work.

As some of you might know, I'm probably going to scrap Tom as in a party that's all students playing a teacher means I get next to no screentime- as Prak said, even the most active teachers in Harry Potter barely qualify as supplementary NPC's most of the time. I also don't have a character ready to go, so I can easily just skip next session and I can bring my new character in the session after.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Oh, by the way, can someone recap last session for me?
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Last session was the first day of class. Not a lot happened other than the group meeting their teachers. The PE teacher is fucking insane, the science teacher is a pretty cool guy, the math teacher seems like some kind of boredom supernatural but is allegedly completely human, and the english teach don't give a fuck. Also he's Lucifer, but no one knows that in character.

Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

I want to take a moment to emphasize how crazy the gym teacher is. Amy re-arranged reality a li'l and had her socks set on fire by paradox en route to a near (or was it sub? I forget) 4 minute mile and the maniac still ended up giving her a B+ on her overall grade for the class period. You know, despite the fact that Amy is a tiny 14 year old girl and the fact that there is seriously books, documentaries and commemorative coins celebrating the fact that adult men only broke the 4 minute barrier within living memory. That doesn't matter, because the gym teacher simply doesn't have any As or shits to give.

As for Lucifer, yeah, Isaac gave the English teacher a quick Awareness & Legacy scan and thanks to a botch he has leaped to the conclusion that the teacher must be a loyalist angel keeping tabs or something because otherwise he doesn't understand how someone could Fall and still retain that level of power. Denial is a funny thing.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

The gym teacher is based on my memory that, when I was in high school, the expected time for boys running the track was like 4-6 minutes. I can't entirely recall whether that was 4 minutes for once around the track, or four minutes for a mile (four times around the track), but I'm pretty sure it was the latter. Add in the fact that the gym teacher is a get, and the insanity increases. 4 minutes was for a B. 3 minutes would net an A, and every minute more than 4 minutes was two grades lower. Mind you, I'm pretty sure the entire party made somewhere close to four minutes.

Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Bugger, too bad I missed it. Celerity trolololol.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Prak_Anima wrote:I can't entirely recall whether that was 4 minutes for once around the track, or four minutes for a mile (four times around the track), but I'm pretty sure it was the latter.
Uh, the four-minute mile used to be considered humanly impossible, and beating it means you are an Olympic-caliber runner. Even six minutes is insane for goddamn gym class.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Looking it up, apparently anywhere from 4:30-6 minutes for a mile is fully expected now. Hence why I fucking hated PE.

Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Track lingo can get pretty sloppy when you're talking about the high school level instead of college and stuff though. Back at my school the news of some guy breaking 4 was pretty common, but that was because they meant anything below 5 minutes.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Meh, whatever, I just remember these absurd 4 Minutes=A standards in High School.