You do fucking win at D&D.

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

virgil wrote: herp derp I want to suck GC cock but I'm tsundere for him so I'm going to insult him in a 3rd grade fashion by rewriting his posts
fixed.
Mr. GC
Master

Post by Mr. GC »

Lord Mistborn wrote:
virgil wrote: herp derp I want to suck GC cock but I'm tsundere for him so I'm going to insult him in a 3rd grade fashion by rewriting his posts
fixed.
That was actually mildly entertaining, but you solve gimp poster problems the same way you solve gimp player problems. Disregard their existence, watch as they get slaughtered constantly by trivial shit, and then either keep doing that or stop fucking up.
FrankTrollman wrote:The Melee Fighter's contribution to the game is that Cleric gets to see less of the future and summon less angels. Seriously, that's his contribution. It's not harmless fun. It's showing up to restaurants without your wallet and expecting your friends to pay your way. For fun.
K wrote:Rogue is a bad choice because the game can't handle a whole party that uses stealth or a whole party doing sneak attack.
Kaelik wrote:...the party having even a chance of dying is bad, not good.
:rofl:
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

I'm a bit curious as to how Mr.GC would build a party to couner the following threat.

A witch
A winged fighter
An artificer
An alchemist
A minion
An evil ranger and his companion
Last edited by hyzmarca on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. GC
Master

Post by Mr. GC »

hyzmarca wrote:I'm a bit curious as to how Mr.GC would build a party to couner the following threat.

A witch
A winged fighter
An artificer
An alchemist
A minion
Step 1: Acquire a flame thrower.
Step 2: Acquire your target.
Step 3: After burning the Pathfinder books to ashes, play a game that does not suck.

Hard countered.

More seriously, since the only strategy in that game that matters is save or lose spam that means 1, possibly 2 of those guys are the only ones that can actually do anything. So either you act before the witch and win vs everything, or you do not act before the witch and lose vs everything. That's it. That's the whole encounter, and that's why the only real solution is napalm.
FrankTrollman wrote:The Melee Fighter's contribution to the game is that Cleric gets to see less of the future and summon less angels. Seriously, that's his contribution. It's not harmless fun. It's showing up to restaurants without your wallet and expecting your friends to pay your way. For fun.
K wrote:Rogue is a bad choice because the game can't handle a whole party that uses stealth or a whole party doing sneak attack.
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

Mr. GC wrote:I sure do like you rewriting my posts to talk about dicks. No virgil, you cannot ride my swing set, it's full. Just because I have all of these surplus Shamwows that I don't know what to do with, doesn't mean you get to have one, or that I'd like to clean anything with it.

So how's that science working out for you? Given any of your gimps explosion-powered featherfall?
Ooh, that's a great idea. This is why I keep you around, snuggle-wuggles.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

Mr. GC wrote:More seriously, since the only strategy in that game that matters is spam that means 1, possibly 2 of those guys are the only ones with the culinary skills to cook anything. So either you act now and buy my secret blend of herbs and spices before the witch and win vs flavour, or you do not act before the witch and lose at Iron Chef. That's it. That's the whole encounter, and that's why the only real solution is napalm.
That better be quality, cooking-grade napalm, because otherwise it will evaporate too much of the water and leave the meat tough.
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Mr. GC
Master

Post by Mr. GC »

Oh, you want to multi spam me with post rewrites?

We can do this dance.

Whenever you're ready to stop going full retard with the derp posts and image macros do let me know.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Mr. GC wrote:
hyzmarca wrote:I'm a bit curious as to how Mr.GC would build a party to couner the following threat.

A witch
A winged fighter
An artificer
An alchemist
A minion
Step 1: Acquire a flame thrower.
Step 2: Acquire your target.
Step 3: After burning the Pathfinder books to ashes, play a game that does not suck.

Hard countered.

More seriously, since the only strategy in that game that matters is save or lose spam that means 1, possibly 2 of those guys are the only ones that can actually do anything. So either you act before the witch and win vs everything, or you do not act before the witch and lose vs everything. That's it. That's the whole encounter, and that's why the only real solution is napalm.
I'm not talking about a Pathfinder Witch and Alchemist. If I were I would have capitalized them. I'm talking about characters who could be described as a witch and an alchemist, but Witch and Alchemist aren't the characters' classes.
Last edited by hyzmarca on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

Mr. GC wrote:Oh, you want to multi spam me with post rewrites?

We can do this dance.

Whenever you're ready to stop going full retard with the derp posts and image macros do let me know.
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

Mr. GC wrote:Oh, you want to multi spam me with post rewritesquality cooking advice?

We can do this song.

Whenever you're ready to stop being awesome and thinking of great ideas do let me know.
Hmm, that reminds me of a fascinating idea, mixing the Cloak of the Bat/Manta Ray with the Cloak of Arachnida. Have it give bonuses to jump and the ability to turn into a giant spider. This is somethign to add to my list, along with that explosive featherfall item you thought of. You're my sexy, sexy muse and I'm glad you're around to give me ideas snuggle-bottom.
Last edited by virgil on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Mr. GC
Master

Post by Mr. GC »

You really want to go there with me? Fine. That means two casters and a bunch of mooks. In the absence of further information, simply load standard defenses, standard offenses, standard countermeasures, take out the actual threats first and boom done.

Since it's a list of threats, and only a third of them at most could actually qualify as such, you win quite effortlessly.
Mr. GC
Master

Post by Mr. GC »

And for the fuckwit:
This fire feeds on your failure. Bring it bitch. Or you can STFU and we can go back to discussing the interactions between your face and penises.

-- put the wall of images behind a spoiler tag. --Z

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
Images removed.
[/TGFBS]
Last edited by Mr. GC on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

Seriously dude stop spamming the board it's juvenile behavior.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Lord Mistborn wrote:Seriously dude stop spamming the board it's juvenile behavior.
Spamming is also against board rules.
Mr. GC
Master

Post by Mr. GC »

Avoraciopoctules wrote:
Lord Mistborn wrote:Seriously dude stop spamming the board it's juvenile behavior.
So is editing people's quotes to say things they aren't. What is your point?

The instant virgil knocks that shit off I'll knock my shit off. So if you don't like it, feel free to tell him to STFU with that bullshit. Telling me to STFU is a waste of time, as that's not going to happen until he silences his bell tower.

PS: His posts are also spam. Yet people are suspiciously silent about this...
Last edited by Mr. GC on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

Mr. GC wrote:You really want to go there with me, without a rape whistle? Fine. That means two casters and a bunch of other stuff because I can't count past two. In the absence of further information, simply load standard defenses, standard offenses, standard countermeasures, take out the actual threats first and boom done.

Since it's a list of threats, and only a third of them at most could actually qualify as such, you win quite effortlessly.
And for my bestest friend forever: Image
My neurosis feeds on my fear of failure. Bring it bitch. Or you can STFU and we can go back to discussing why Pinkie Pie has a different cutie mark than older versions.
Oh boy, lecture time!
You see, Lauren Faust intended Pinkie Pie to be based off of G1's Surprise, a yellow pegasus with the same cutie mark as the current Pinkie Pie. However, Hasbro really wanted one of the mane cast to be all pink, so they sent in a recolor and removed the wings. This need for pink is the primary reason for why the first toy release of Princess Celestia wasn't show-accurate white.

I love learning, don't you?
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

Mr. GC wrote: So is editing people's quotes to say things they aren't. What is your point?

The instant virgil knocks that shit off I'll knock my shit off. So if you don't like it, feel free to tell him to STFU with that bullshit. Telling me to STFU is a waste of time, as that's not going to happen until he silences his bell tower.

virgil is being a less than 5 star poster but spaming images is bothering everyone please stop.
Mr. GC
Master

Post by Mr. GC »

Another one? Really? You don't give up, do you?

-- spoilered the wall of images. I'll leave the modding stuff to fbmf, but the wall of images was fucking ridiculous. --Z

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
images removed.
[/TGFBS]
Last edited by Mr. GC on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. GC
Master

Post by Mr. GC »

Lord Mistborn wrote:
Mr. GC wrote: So is editing people's quotes to say things they aren't. What is your point?

virgil is being a less than 5 star poster but spaming images is bothering everyone please stop.
Feel free to apply peer pressure at any time. I honestly thought he'd stfu after the first or second time, if only to see if I was serious about stopping. He really is determined to go full retard, so I really am determined to spam the shit out of him for it.
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

Honestly Mistborn, we all just have him on ignore. It doesn't bother us in the slightest.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Tome item system and expanded Wish Economy rules.

Try our fantasy card game Clash of Nations! Available via Print on Demand.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
FatR
Duke

Post by FatR »

My ban sense is tingling. Well, that was a fun (for a certain definition of fun, usually associated with jesters and carnival geeks, and unfortunately I'm not only talking of GC by now) thread while it lasted.
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

Mr. GC wrote:Feel free to apply peer pressure at any time. I honestly thought he'd stfu after the first or second time, if only to see if I was serious about stopping. He really is determined to go full retard, so I really am determined to spam the shit out of him for it.
For the record I've been asking him to stop too. I called him out when he stated going full retard it's just that you image spamming is particularly annoying to me personally.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Mr. GC wrote:
Avoraciopoctules wrote:

My point? Look at a post. Note the icon marked with a red exclamation point in the upper right. You can click this to report a post for rules violation. If someone is breaking a rule, it's classier to just report the post, ignore, and move on to something else.

If you have a problem with Virgil spamming, report his posts.
Mr. GC
Master

Post by Mr. GC »

Avoraciopoctules wrote:
Mr. GC wrote:
Avoraciopoctules wrote: Spamming is also against board rules.

My point? Look at a post. Note the icon marked with a red exclamation point in the upper right. You can click this to report a post for rules violation. If someone is breaking a rule, it's classier to just report the post, ignore, and move on to something else.

If you have a problem with Virgil spamming, report his posts.
Report post doesn't solve poster problems. Either they keep going and nothing happens, or they keep going and the mods step in just to say they actually endorse that shit, or whatever.

If people want to be bad gamers whatever, I can just call them names and move on with my day.

If people want to do shit like what virgil did, then they will be made an example of.