It's Personal...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

I ma apparently too old for St. Paddy's day parties. 6 beers & 4+ mix drinks and I'm done...
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Feel you on that. When I went out drinking the other night I had to stop after 5 beers and a shot of Seagrams (they were out of Jameson). Back when I was young, I'd run up $100 bar tabs by myself, I'd drink, puke, then continue to drink. One time I got a chick's number after puking all over myself and coming back to drink more. (next morning I threw it out because I really didn't want to date a chick that would give her number to a guy in the condition I was in, probably a sign of trouble.)
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

After trying to make friends on several other gaming boards (video, roelplaying, or otherwise), I've come to the conclusion that The Den has the fewest assholes of any board I've been to, and the assholes that exist here aren't anywhere near as bad as the assholes elsewhere...
Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Juton
Duke

Post by Juton »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:After trying to make friends on several other gaming boards (video, roelplaying, or otherwise), I've come to the conclusion that The Den has the fewest assholes of any board I've been to, and the assholes that exist here aren't anywhere near as bad as the assholes elsewhere...
Not surprising, I think this is the only board where you can just call people on their bullshit.
Oh thank God, finally a thread about how Fighters in D&D suck. This was a long time coming. - Schwarzkopf
Count Arioch the 28th
King

That, and this board generally requires that bullshit exists before you call it. Most gamers call you on nonexistent bullshit.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Juton wrote:Not surprising, I think this is the only board where you can just call people on their bullshit.
...And the people you're talking to don't take it personally (usually). I am so fucking grateful for that. Seriously. I love you guys. *sniff*

:maj: :maj: :maj:
Last edited by Maj on Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

I am equal parts horrified and grateful that my independent little message board has the reputation and culture that it does.

Game On,
fbmf
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

So the friend in China is actually in Australia and visited this weekend. Being a good host I bought a nice bottle of gin and some tonic water.

Urk, never again. It's lovely, it tastes pleasant, and after one glass we were both buzzy and happy. So after the third one we were sick, and I'm still feeling a bit... I don't know the word. Not quite hungover but still not great.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Ted the Flayer
Knight-Baron

Post by Ted the Flayer »

Gin hangovers are the second worst thing ever (jagermeister hangovers are the worst). Gin hangovers put an end to to my gin phase.
Prak Anima wrote:Um, Frank, I believe you're missing the fact that the game is glorified spank material/foreplay.
Frank Trollman wrote:I don't think that is any excuse for a game to have bad mechanics.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

The place I live in won't let me own scorpions. That is fucking homo. At least they won't have to send in a swat team to make me get rid of my spiders, because that is what it would take for someone to do that.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

They're not letting you keep scorpions because you're having sex with homosexual people, or because they're having sex with homosexual people? Or is "fucking homo" a type of scorpion? I'm confused here.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

He just used bad grammar, and meant "They won't let me own scorpions that are fucking homosexuals". You can't own scorpions that roam about having sex with gay people - or with straight people. Because doing that to people, especially when you're a scorpion, is impolite.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

What's with the anti gay scorpion agenda here?
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Woah, the problem is with American society. In Australia we accept gay scorpions (although they aren't allowed to marry each other, and have to be "good honest proper Australian scorpions with Australian values", not foreign scorpions).
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

That's probably mostly because Australia's scorpions are big enough to have a health bar. Makes it less wise to push their buttons.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Nonsense. Indiana Jones assured me its the little scorpions that should intimidate me.

Game On,
fbmf
Count Arioch the 28th
King

True that. The biggest scorpion's stingers are vestigial. You want to watch out for the little scorpions with the disproportionately big tails as far as danger goes. Rule of thumb: Big claws means it can't hurt you that bad, big tails means don't fuck with it.
JigokuBosatsu
Prince

Post by JigokuBosatsu »

In other news, Homo Scorpion is a great band name.
Omegonthesane wrote:a glass armonica which causes a target city to have horrific nightmares that prevent sleep
JigokuBosatsu wrote:so a regular glass armonica?
You can buy my books, yes you can. Out of print and retired, sorry.
Whatever
Prince

Post by Whatever »

The evolutionary path is clear: Homo Erectus, Homo Habilis, Homo Sapiens, Homo Scorpius.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Whatever wrote:The evolutionary path is clear: Homo Erectus, Homo Habilis, Homo Sapiens, Homo Scorpius.
So that vestigial tail bone in humans is actually evolving, rather than vanishing?
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

from how that fucker hurts when you fall on it, i would not put it past that thing . . pain in the ass, quite literally . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Mine's actually been sore if I put too much weight on it for the past month or so... I fucking hope it's evolving into a stinger...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Australia's scorpions tend to be tiny, but also to be more about the claws than the stinger. We had a single scorpion-caused death in Australia ever, and that was a child.

But in general, we understand that smaller is more dangerous. Which is why so many Australians get killed by hippos. I mean, that thing is massive, it can't possibly hurt you - I bet it doesn't even have any venom!
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

In a hundred years, I expect that most Australian children will have evolved a venom defense.
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

So, that girl suddenly changed her opinion and claimed to have no interest in me after a week or two of talking. So, drank a fair bit one night and have given no fucks since.

This does give me a problem since I'd planned to take her to a concert, exacerbated by my fucking up while ordering 4 tickets instead of 2. I'm going to a concert on April 2nd for the Protomen (with some other groups). I've got between 1 and 3 tickets I can give out for cheap, or free. Any takers?

EDIT: Concert is in Toronto.
Last edited by Meikle641 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press