Microlite20: Multiple Attacks and a Probable Solution

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Atmo
Master

Microlite20: Multiple Attacks and a Probable Solution

Post by Atmo »

I'm GMing a Microlite20 game with some mods and adaptations of other people to turn it in something more interesting (in my eyes, of course). I was thinkering and i reached a point of no return: what would happen if characters get more attacks based on their Dex mod +1 in detriment of level and BAB?

Test 1: A Fighter with Dex 10 would get 1 attack, kinda bad for him.
Test 2: A Rogue/Mage with Dex 18 would get 5 attacks, but he is very weak in HP section.

So, i've got a half-assed solution: Fighters and Rogues would receive Techniques (yes, Book of Nine Swords) who can increase damage and grant multiple attacks when used.

Then, what is the Question? What you think about it? Do you have a method that can help me with this issue?
☆ *World games are shit ☆ M&M is shit ☆ Fate fans gave me cancer ☆
hogarth
Prince

Post by hogarth »

Aren't spells irritating to cast in Microlite? I.e. your PC takes damage when you cast a spell. So why do you need to make single-classed spellcasters even crappier in comparison?
Atmo
Master

Post by Atmo »

hogarth wrote:Aren't spells irritating to cast in Microlite? I.e. your PC takes damage when you cast a spell. So why do you need to make single-classed spellcasters even crappier in comparison?
Already solved that: Spell Points. Everyone has SP, but only Clerics and Mages can cast spells; except when some classes reach level 3 and get a Advanced Class. Some Advanced Classes can grant spells, what is very useful to some people BGs.

Oh, and i'm thinking in using SP to Techniques as well, to "fuel marcial attacks with magical energy". Yes, something like that.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

You can already use your Dex for your attack bonus if you shoot arrows, swing a rapier, or throw darts. Allowing Dex to be an attack multiplier just turns it into even more of a "do everything" stat than it already was.

-Username17
Atmo
Master

Post by Atmo »

FrankTrollman wrote:You can already use your Dex for your attack bonus if you shoot arrows, swing a rapier, or throw darts. Allowing Dex to be an attack multiplier just turns it into even more of a "do everything" stat than it already was.

-Username17
So, my "solution" of increasing attacks quantity through Techniques is valid?