Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

But the kid on the right looks badass.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

ckafrica
Duke

Post by ckafrica »

I'd take this group more seriously if the were called Moms Demand More Action. Its all about a good acronym
The internet gave a voice to the world thus gave definitive proof that the world is mostly full of idiots.
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

Okay, so schools ban innocuous things in the name of good... but weapons are already something banned in schools. Are some of the things on the left of the posters blanket bans across the nation or per-school/district basis? Still, banned in schools =/= banned in America, though.
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Pretty sure Kinder eggs are banned in America completely.
Wiseman
Duke

Post by Wiseman »

What are kinder eggs?

Also, dodgeball is banned? I LOVED dodgeball, even if I was only ever good at the "dodge" part.
Last edited by Wiseman on Wed May 01, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

The Source Article wrote:"We chose these images to point out the absurdity in America's gun laws right now," the Moms Demand Action's founder, Shannon Watts, told Yahoo! Shine on Monday. "We say that we are very in favor of child welfare and yet, even after the mass shooting of 20 innocent children in the sanctity of their elementary school, we aren't acting to ban assault weapons."

"Notice how we have limited the 1st Amendment for the safety of our children?" asked Erin Dando on Facebook. "Now let's do the same for the 2nd!"

"We're making a much broader point," [Watts] told Yahoo! Shine. "Every day in this country, in state legislatures, they are proposing new laws that would propose weapons [be allowed] in schools and in universities. In Indiana, they've proposed a bill that would put armed guards—and I use the term guards loosely, since they're volunteers—in every school and charter school in our state."
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Istred
1st Level

Post by Istred »

Chamomile wrote:Pretty sure Kinder eggs are banned in America completely.
Wow. What was the reason behind the ban?
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

you are not allowed to have toys in food over there.
because people are stupid and would eat that too i guess . .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_Surprise
Kinder Eggs are sold all over the world, except the United States, where they are banned as a result of concerns that the toy may present a choking hazard. The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act at Section 402(d)(1) says that a confectionery product with a non-nutritive object, partially or totally imbedded within it, cannot be sold within the United States, unless the FDA issues a regulation that the non-nutritive object has functional value and is non-injurious to health. No such regulation has been issued.[2]
in 2000, Parents of 3 children that died from ingesting small parts of the toys tried tog et them banned in the whole EU also, but the judges were, surprisingly, not dumb enough to agree with that on the basis that they then would have to ban ALL things with small enough parts that could be ingested.
which would leave nothing allowed basically . .
Last edited by Stahlseele on Wed May 01, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Istred
1st Level

Post by Istred »

Well, accidental eating of the "capsule" which holds the toy could be quite an achievement* - but that's american regulations...

*and after you open it, it doesn't matter if it was inside the chocolate egg or not.
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

Strangely you can buy Cracker Jack still, though I never heard of Kinder Eggs. Cracker Jacks still has a prize inside....and yes i have nearly eaten it many times myself at various ages....
Play the game, not the rules.
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
good read (Note to self Maxus sucks a barrel of cocks.)
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Redesigned Kinder Eggs no longer need to be smuggled in

As to schoolkids with assault rifles, there was this Relevant Onion Report {video}
Last edited by Josh_Kablack on Wed May 01, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

So, wait, they won't allow plastic prizes inside of candy, but they still allow things like scorpions to be put inside lollipops?

And don't you dare say that scorpions are either delicious or nutritious.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
ishy
Duke

Post by ishy »

Gary Gygax wrote:The player’s path to role-playing mastery begins with a thorough understanding of the rules of the game
Bigode wrote:I wouldn't normally make that blanket of a suggestion, but you seem to deserve it: scroll through the entire forum, read anything that looks interesting in term of design experience, then come back.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Also, I don't even really think it's a question. Ducks are jerks. They really don't need to be huge jerks.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

and now, truth in quantum technology
Last edited by Stahlseele on Mon May 06, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

wanna bet the metal fans are the more peacefull lot?
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Guyr Adamantine
Master

Post by Guyr Adamantine »

Stahlseele wrote:wanna bet the metal fans are the more peacefull lot?
They're nicer, too.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

probably, but on the other hand, that's not hard in this case . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Can't wait for one of the ICP to die and the WBC to protest their funeral.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.