Bronies are Nerds.
Nerds embrace new toy.
3D-Printing is a new toy.
Logical Conclusion:
Ponies . . IIN THREE DEE! *points stick at you*
http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=my+little+pony
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

this is even worse x.x
http://i.imgur.com/Qbv8Xzi.gif
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Guyr Adamantine
Master

Post by Guyr Adamantine »

Okay, that last one is fucking creepy.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

full ack . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Stahlseele wrote:this is even worse x.x
http://i.imgur.com/Qbv8Xzi.gif
It's official. Twilight is now mai waifu.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

having seen that, you can have her . . i'll team up with gamer luna instead . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

The ONLY thing good about MWO/Their Boards?
The Pony Thread there.
found this, laughed, liked, reposted here:
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I've been thinking about a Pony-based fan webcomic. I need a good way to represent a kind of communicator/telepathic link circuit spell cast by Twilight in speech bubbles. Suggestions?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Scrolls like the ones used by Spike/Trollestia for teleportation/communication?
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

That's not a bad thought, actually. I was also thinking just styling the speech bubbles like the aura that surrounds her horn when she's using her magic, and then styling the lettering according to who's talking through it.

Also, I need someone to look through the intro I wrote up and help me make sure I have the characters' voices down. Any volunteers?
Last edited by Prak on Wed May 29, 2013 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Well, i'd use the Scrolls and then style the lettering according to who is talking anyway, just to make it easier to follow.

What do you mean voices?
Making it so that if you read Applejack, you get that southerner drawl, Rarity gets that snooty better than thou and the such?
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

No, I mean Applejack sounds like Applejack in her delivery and word usage, Twilight sounds like Twilight, etc. I'm not entirely concerned about Applejack or Rarity, because so far they have a line each... but the others speak more.

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Ah O.o
this being a webcomic should make this reasonably easy, because you can usually just attach word balloons to the characters. and if you style the lettters in them in a certain way and use the same styling in the scrolls it should make it easy enough to remember who is who.
and most people reading it will probably know the voices of the cartoon characters and associate them with these.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'm not sure you understand what I'm saying.

Applejack speaks in a certain way. While of course she has a distinct voice in the usual sense of the word, she also has a distince "voice" in that she speaks in a certain way. There are words she would never use, and words that only she (of the mane 6) would. She has a way of phrasing things that is unique to her. Ditto the other characters.

"I read all about the prediction of Nightmare Moon. Some mysterious objects called the Elements of Harmony are the only things that can stop her, but I don't know what they are, where to find them... I don't even know what they do!"
Is pretty quintessentially a Twilight line, mostly because she's the one who reads all the time.

""Dressed"? Uh, beg pardon Rarity, but, uh, we don't normally wear clothes."
is a line that pretty much could only come from Applejack, for the "beg pardon" alone.

Understand?

I want to make sure that when I write a line like
“I-I found the box. Can I go home now?”
it sounds like the pony it's supposed to.

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

fluttershy.
and yes, i grok.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yeah, Fluttershy's fairly easy.

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

the only problems i would have with distinguishing just in writing i guess would be Twilight and Rarity, because they both talk fancy.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

The script as it currently stands is here, if you'd be kind enough to take a look.

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

i really hate the storyboard kind of script and layout but i can usually make out who is talking to whom when and where . .
Last edited by Stahlseele on Thu May 30, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

*nods*
yeah, she would . .

ah hell, who am i kidding, so would i <.<
Last edited by Stahlseele on Thu May 30, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Stahlseele wrote:i really hate the storyboard kind of script and layout but i can usually make out who is talking to whom when and where . .
Mostly it was just something to get me started with the idea I had, help me figure out lines, and get me some writing for the day. I'm kind of trying to start writing 400 words--of something, anything--a day, following advice from Terry Pratchett.

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

have you read this yet?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1za7 ... cok4fch8wo

the only one who's "voice" i really dislike in that one is Vinyl Scratch <.<
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote: