My mental image of FrankTrollman is Dr. Frank N Furter

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Reading about the Den elsewhere on the 'net is an odd experience:

On one hand, I get the urge to defend it from these uninformed Canaanites.

On the other, I'm amazed that that many people care about us.

Incidentally, it's Darth's fault I'm here.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

IIRC I read Races of War on the Wizards boards, loved it, and that ended up leading me here.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

I found this place because I inadvertently started a huge project to fix D&D back in 2008 (it started as a simple thread looking for quick fixes). Ubernoob pointed out that the work had already been done and pointed me here.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Yeah, it was Races of War that lead me to the buttercup of TGDMB
erik
King

Post by erik »

This is why I came here.
LeadPal
Apprentice

Post by LeadPal »

Googling for houserules lead me to dnd-wiki.org a few years ago, and to Tome. From there, it was only a short step to here. I forget how long I lurked before finally making an account.
Ed
Apprentice

Post by Ed »

I needed a refresher on the Loren Coleman clusterfuck and then I read the entire thread in three days and someday I hope to waste as much of your lives as that wasted mine.
Aryxbez
Duke

Post by Aryxbez »

A friend of mine had apparently been lurking for some undetermined time, showing me a thread of Frank's predictions of how Essentials = End of 4th edition. Intrigued by the validity of this "theory", I started to Lurk. Then as I read older threads, the level of discourse here was something I had been wanting for years, after I had stopped caring about RPG-forums altogether.
What I find wrong w/ 4th edition: "I want to stab dragons the size of a small keep with skin like supple adamantine and command over time and space to death with my longsword in head to head combat, but I want to be totally within realistic capabilities of a real human being!" --Caedrus mocking 4rries

"the thing about being Mister Cavern [DM], you don't blame players for how they play. That's like blaming the weather. Weather just is. You adapt to it. -Ancient History
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

The Races of War write-up on the pre-Gleemax WoTC forums led me to the BBoy TGD forums around the December of 2006.

The reason that I stay here is that as other have put it, the signal to noise ratio is phenomenal; and that the critics here want to see the best product possible.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Bihlbo
Master

Post by Bihlbo »

I came to the Den because RobbyPants told me an ability on his or another person's fighter came from the Tome fighter and I shouldn't be so ignorant.

I always pictured Frank as a very impatient-looking young Eugene Levy.
Psychic Robot wrote:chock full of aspie
"BEEP BEEP BOOP DOES NOT COMPUTE"