Moderator: Moderators

silva
Duke

Dragon Kings: Kickstarter is up

Post by silva »

Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

I'm honestly laughing too much to even consider it.

But I'm not sure if the 'music' angle is making me laugh more, or the stretch goals for putting out conversion docs for various shitty fantasy heartbreaker rule sets.

Of course, the simple fact that he is 20 years out of touch with the industry makes this a no-go from stage one.
silva
Duke

Post by silva »

Of course, the simple fact that he is 20 years out of touch with the industry makes this a no-go from stage one.
Funny. This would be a positive in my book.
The traditional playstyle is, above all else, the style of playing all games the same way, supported by the ambiguity and lack of procedure in the traditional game text. - Eero Tuovinen
Parthenon
Knight-Baron

Post by Parthenon »

The poster map is the ugliest "reward" I think I've ever seen. And they are offering a pdf of the free rules as another reward? What are they thinking?
silva
Duke

Post by silva »

The things is so heavy metal that its world is a piece of sperm and blood from the gods. Just like that Metallica album.
The traditional playstyle is, above all else, the style of playing all games the same way, supported by the ambiguity and lack of procedure in the traditional game text. - Eero Tuovinen
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

silva wrote:
Funny. This would be a positive in my book.
Considering his five years 'in' was Dark Sun? And that is what he is setting out to remake, complete with music and terrible maps that look like a spectrum analysis of a cell culture?

Space Butterflies, half-dwarves and the Halfling Master Race are just begging to return...
Last edited by Voss on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silva
Duke

Post by silva »

Man, you just reminded me that Dark Sun had the worst secret world background EVER. Ok, maybe the STALKER videogame series was even worst in this respect.
codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

Is that a hydralisk wearing a dragon mask? O.o
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

silva wrote:The things is so heavy metal that its world is a piece of sperm and blood from the gods. Just like that Metallica album.
Or Japan.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

codeGlaze wrote:Is that a hydralisk wearing a dragon mask? O.o
Yes.

Game On,
fbmf
silva
Duke

Post by silva »

Judging by the ilos at this clip, it looks Tom Baxa finally learned how to draw (man, I hated his Shadowrun art).

Edit: the music reminded if Iron Maiden. Maybe Tim could make a tour with the Lotua Warriors band, and have a big Dragon King puppet as Iron Maiden's Eddy. :biggrin:
Last edited by silva on Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

$70 is the buy in to get one PDF.

O.o

That's ballsy.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

Yeah, I'm honestly confused that the first four backer levels are about music.
Raddu
NPC

Post by Raddu »

Dragon Kings fans, thank you for your discerning eyes and constructive feedback. Dragon Kings is a complex multi-media project and we want to give you the greatest possible options to enjoy it the way you want. Over the past 24 hours we’ve taken all of your comments and concerns and boiled them down to these new game-centric pledge levels. Enjoy!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/108 ... agon-kings

DIGITAL GAMER: $25
The PDF version of the Dragon Kings World Book, the PDF version of the Gazetteer, and the PDF version of the Exclusive Poster Map, both the Pathfinder and Savage Worlds PDF rules supplements plus all other unlocked Rules Supplement PDFs.
Estimated delivery: Apr 2014

GAMER OF KHITUS: $45
The print and PDF versions of the Dragon Kings World Book, the PDF version of the Gazetteer, and the PDF version of the Exclusive Poster Map, both the Pathfinder and Savage Worlds PDF rules supplements plus all other unlocked Rules Supplement PDFs. Includes free US shipping.
Add $35 USD to ship outside the US

CHAMPION GAMER OF KHITUS: $80
The print and PDF versions of the Dragon Kings World Book, the print and PDF versions of the Gazetteer book, plus the print and PDF versions of the Exclusive Poster Map, and the print version of the Exclusive Cover Poster, both the Pathfinder and Savage Worlds PDF rules supplements plus all unlocked Rules Supplement PDFs. Also includes free US shipping and any digital extras unlocked via the Kickstarter.
Add $40 USD to ship outside the US
silva
Duke

Post by silva »

Thanks for the heads up, Raddu. I think its now much more reasonable (and acessible) to rpg fans interested in the setting and not so much in the music (not that its bad or something). Good luck with the project. I cant wait to see the final product. ;)
Foxwarrior
Duke

Post by Foxwarrior »

I'm going to hazard a guess that Raddu's presence here means Google Alerts are cool.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Doesn't every organization do that? Easiest way to figure out what circles of the internet you're being discussed.
Raddu
NPC

Post by Raddu »

Foxwarrior, close...Google Analytics. :-)
Juton
Duke

Post by Juton »

"It's a progressive concept album in the spirit of Rush's 2112 and Pink Floyd's The Wall."

Wow.
Oh thank God, finally a thread about how Fighters in D&D suck. This was a long time coming. - Schwarzkopf
K
King

Post by K »

I've always found the links between prog rock and fantasy to be fascinating, so I can't say this is the worse gimmick to drum up interest for an over-the-top setting.
malak
Master

Post by malak »

silva wrote:Thanks for the heads up, Raddu. I think its now much more reasonable (and acessible) to rpg fans interested in the setting and not so much in the music (not that its bad or something). Good luck with the project. I cant wait to see the final product. ;)
Foxwarrior wrote:I'm going to hazard a guess that Raddu's presence here means Google Alerts are cool.
Dunno, I thought he was a silva sock puppet...
Last edited by malak on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.