Spicing up the Drunken review -- Personal cocktail recipes

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Cynic
Prince

Spicing up the Drunken review -- Personal cocktail recipes

Post by Cynic »

The Drunken reviews by Frank and all the other intrepid reviewers are awesome. But how do we reward these wonderful snarkoleptics? How about themed cocktail recipes for the books?

I only have one so far. I'm reading Koumei's Kindred of the east. It doesn't seem as though she is drinking (or not enough at least) while reviewing but I do have a suggestion.

The drink: Umeshu Keikaku

6 shots Umeshu or other plum liquer
1 tbsp Star Anise extract
5 ice cubes
4 shots Apple Cider
-

Put it all in a Shaker, shake the fuck out of it. Look at shitty art and drink this liquorice sweet sauce.

Optional -- add a shot of fireball whiskey.
--

edit: I made the most idiotic typo in the title. My bad...
Last edited by Cynic on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

I don't think fectin is going to finish the Farcast drunkview.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Cynic: that sounds delightful. I've actually been reviewing while sobre, because I can't really be fucked going and buying the alcohol then actually consuming it. I wouldn't make a good alcoholic, to be honest. But that one sounds nice.

I'm at work, so I can't go to youtube, so I'll just recommend everyone else go there and look up Fry Laurie cocktail (that should bring up the "A Bit of Fry & Laurie" cocktails, including the one that has a recipe of gin, gin, gin, gin, air and gin).
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Cynic: double check the spelling of the thread title...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

I think Umeshu keikaku had its own keikaku for that spelling fuckup... EIther that or I was drunk...

Also, don't mess up the star anise in the drink. It'll go from delectable to nasty.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

Hmm, I might consider this, but the last plum wine I bought was *horrible*, but that's not liquor I know. Any brand you recommend?

I'll probably swap out the anise extract for some arak or sabcuca if I make this, in exchange for a shot or two of the umeshu.
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I've only had plum wine once, it was a Chinese brand. It was absolutely delicious, whereas I hate most wines.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Cool-Aid

Shot SoCo
Shot amaretto
Pineapple
Splash of grenadine

Shake the piss out of it.

Serve.

Game On,
fbmf
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

Koumei wrote:I've only had plum wine once, it was a Chinese brand. It was absolutely delicious, whereas I hate most wines.
Try icewine as well then. Also port.
It's possible hou'd also like sweet Rieslings, but less likely.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Hmm, sadly the local shops don't have any plum-based alcohol. So my choice of drink for future chapters of Kindred of the Ag will be Somersby (apple cider), Rekorderlig (strawberry-lime Swedish cider) and Tia Maria (coffee (rum?) liqueur with vanilla).
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Depending on what you like in a cider, I would recommend either Woodchuck (very beer like, with a faint hint of apple) or Stella (crisp and sweet, and very much like an american soft cider with a bit of beer taste)
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I'll stick with Somersby, it's been good to me so far, and quite reasonable in price, too. Besides, the name is as West-country England as you can get.

What I want in cider is "apple juice, except you get drunk, and without triggering stomach cramps and the immediate need to have a shit". Most non-alcoholic apple juices do that to me.

Somersby ticks that category just fine, and because I don't always drink*, indeed, it's usually 2-3 months of sobriety after one week or weekend of drinking, it makes it really easy for the cider to work its magic.

On the topic of "you don't taste the booze", I give you...

Sword Coast Dire Spider
You need a tall glass, a tall spoon and a tall barman
Put 2-3 scoops of honey flavoured ice cream in the glass
Drizzle maybe 1-2 shots worth of Tia Maria (Kahlua would also work) over the ice cream
Add Coke until the froth fills the glass

Keep drinking and adding more Coke as you go.

*But when I do, I get shitfaced