League Of Losers

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Athene's if your versus AP as a first item, then Deathcap, imo. He has pretty good ratios.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

The CLG v. TSM was interesting. Wildturtle indeed.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:
Surgo wrote:So, I'm pretty sure I reached Elo heaven. What range is Elo heaven, you might wonder? It's where I currently sit in my normal MMR, which is roughly between Silver I - Gold III (those are the most common opponents I see; can get plats occasionally but almost never anyone below Silver I anymore).

These games, win or lose, have been extremely pleasant. People will listen to each others' preferences, so long as they're reasonable (pref two roles and you can almost always get one of them). Rage is almost nonexistent. Everyone is just quietly focused on winning, and plays to the best of their ability.

While I want to keep getting better, I'm actually kind of afraid of climbing out of this insanely pleasant range :-P
I think people stop being so angry once they believe they're where they belong (or higher than they belong if they're extra self-aware). Then there are the people who are dicks and get mad at everything. The most common insults I've been seeing are "XX, you know Riot bans people for getting boosted, right?" and things of that nature.

Also, I'm 99% sure I played with a Wildturtle smurf yesterday. He FPed Kog and I went Janna, and we crushed the lane in spite of Kog and Janna being two of the worst duo laners in the game. Then he did amazing things like triple kill people on his own just by having extremely good positioning and flashing the would-be killing blow. He didn't make a single mistake, and he was either unranked or did not exist last season. He was somebody's smurf.
Being stuck in Bronze since being in Silver has shown me some pretty horrific stuff. I've had people throw the game intentionally before it even started explicitly for no reason. I consistently see people ping the enemy team, so we all know there is five in our jungle, rush face first into them then complain at the rest of the team for not doing the same/being there. I have seen some fantastically bad play that I just did not see in silver last year. I'm confounded as to why I'm even in Bronze considering my record in the pre matches was exactly the same as it had been last year. 5 won 5 lost landed me in silver 3 last year but bronze 5 this year.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Has anyone got their mitts on the new Kass yet? My impression was that he got nerfed into the fuckin floor, but I haven't played him yet to see.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

rampaging-poet wrote:I just tried new Xerath for the first time, and he was a lot of fun. I didn't really have enough damage to back up my stun and slow, but poking with Arcanopulse was good and securing kills from such a huge range was very satisfying. I'm just not entirely certain what to build on him. Liandry's seems good for securing kills, but it's a lot of gold for a little AP. In any case, I'll definitely keep him in mind when I've got enough IP for another champion.

EDIT: Had a second bot game with him. Due to typical blind pick lane confusion, I ended up top with Riven. I ended 4/0/29. I know fighting bots is meaningless (even though they seemed so difficult two months ago), but perfect games still feel good.
Pleas stop playing bots.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Post by Pseudo Stupidity »

MGuy wrote:Being stuck in Bronze since being in Silver has shown me some pretty horrific stuff. I've had people throw the game intentionally before it even started explicitly for no reason. I consistently see people ping the enemy team, so we all know there is five in our jungle, rush face first into them then complain at the rest of the team for not doing the same/being there. I have seen some fantastically bad play that I just did not see in silver last year. I'm confounded as to why I'm even in Bronze considering my record in the pre matches was exactly the same as it had been last year. 5 won 5 lost landed me in silver 3 last year but bronze 5 this year.
I think that since they didn't let people start at diamond you lost a few divisions if you went even in placements. I lost a few ranks after placements and went 5-5 iirc, and my friends all had similar experiences.

New Xerath: Liandry's does not help secure kills, it deals damage based off current hp and will never actually finish somebody off. Other than that, I don't know of any special builds on him. I tend to see the typical Athene's, Deathcap, Void Staff ap build.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:I'm not a dick, I'm really nice.
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
rampaging-poet
Knight

Post by rampaging-poet »

Kaelik wrote:Pleas stop playing bots.
Again, I only play one or two bot matches with each champ to give me an idea what my ranges are and how my abilities work. In fact, I had intended to play a completely different champion in the second game, but we already had a few champions that could top and nobody objected when I called mid to actually be useful. Besides, bot games are fast enough that I'm not losing any time. The only downside is gaining XP without gaining actual experience against people, and now that Teambuilder is out it's actually better for practising specific champs anyway.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:New Xerath: Liandry's does not help secure kills, it deals damage based off current hp and will never actually finish somebody off. Other than that, I don't know of any special builds on him. I tend to see the typical Athene's, Deathcap, Void Staff ap build.
Good to know. For some reason I thought it dealt damage based on current health at the time you hit them instead of current health at each tick. That makes it more of a situational item to build against people stacking HP or for champions that have other DoT effects to actually finish them.
DSMatticus wrote:I sort my leisure activities into a neat and manageable categorized hierarchy, then ignore it and dick around on the internet.
My deviantArt account, in case anyone cares.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

rampaging-poet wrote:Good to know. For some reason I thought it dealt damage based on current health at the time you hit them instead of current health at each tick. That makes it more of a situational item to build against people stacking HP or for champions that have other DoT effects to actually finish them.
Yeah, Liandry's is for people that apply lots of small damage dots, so Singed, tanky ap champs with short cooldowns, or Teemo.

Xerath I usually go for Athene's/Sorc boots/Deathcap/Zhonya's or Void/Other one/Rylias? last item is usually situational based on how game has been going. Rylia's to secure kills, Maybe a Banshees or GA if you have been dying alot, depending on what you die too.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Liandry's could really stand to be a lot better...it's kind of an awkward item right now, and I think that's shown by the fact that so few build it in pro matches.

Given that the % health damage scales with the enemy's health rather than your own AP, it makes sense that you'd want to build it on a tanky person as a sole damage item that can dish out the CC. Like Nautilus or something. But you're paying a large premium for a stat you don't make much use of (AP) if you buy it. It would be so much better if it had some CDR or something.

I think I've only ever seen it on Rumble in professional play.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Surgo wrote:Liandry's could really stand to be a lot better...it's kind of an awkward item right now, and I think that's shown by the fact that so few build it in pro matches.

Given that the % health damage scales with the enemy's health rather than your own AP, it makes sense that you'd want to build it on a tanky person as a sole damage item that can dish out the CC. Like Nautilus or something. But you're paying a large premium for a stat you don't make much use of (AP) if you buy it. It would be so much better if it had some CDR or something.

I think I've only ever seen it on Rumble in professional play.
I think the problem is it basically can't be buffed in AP because it is all ready mandatory on Teemo/Singed, and any serious buff would make them much stronger. (Which, while they are not Kassadin or Kha, or even Lucian or Cait, still might be enough to make them the new Lucian or Cait).

They also don't want to give it cooldown as well as AP, because those champions that buy it all the time, Singed and Teemo, don't really benefit much, and so would feel bad under that principle they have of whining about useless stats on items for the people that buy them.

I'm personally fine with it being a Teemo/Singed/Elise/Mundo is you are facing a team with lots of tanks only, final destination, item. But whatever.

Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Top lane Ryze -- best starting item? I was actually thinking of trying a Doran's Blade start, what with that ranged autoattack and all.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Isn't ryze pretty squishy earlygame? I would just go DShield like most tops. Maybe charm and pots so you can get that tear quickly.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

//
Last edited by ubernoob on Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Surgo wrote:Top lane Ryze -- best starting item? I was actually thinking of trying a Doran's Blade start, what with that ranged autoattack and all.
Depends heavily on the matchup. Generally I'd suggest mana crystal (especially if you're running teleport, you can just back when you'd be able to afford a tear and get that stacked up super early) and pots. Against hard matchups I'd get a flask and pots. Dblade is difficult because Ryze has no escapes and his root is single target and has a very short duration.

New Kass: He's pretty shit. His damage is much lower and his risk is much higher. This is good because Kassadin was cancer for the game.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

New kass can trade surprisingly well against players who haven't got the hang of waiting for his shield to expire.

I would only go Dshield on ryze against ranged AA harassers e.g. kennen, since ryze's laning is dependent on getting enough ranged harass down on melee top laners while not going oom. His level 1 is surprisingly strong, and he trades well past 4 at the cost of going oom in like 2 combos. I usually start mana crystal for that early tear (the cd buff on TP helped top ryze so much), but I'd consider going for an early health crystal against someone who can all-in you easily. It turns into catalyst, so it's no big loss. For runes and masteries i go MPen reds, armor yellows, mr blues, MS quints, 4/5/21 (probably 9/0/21 if it's a farm lane). Go tear-RoA-AA-FH-whatever. If I need MR early I cry, then usually go SV and WoTA. The extra spellvamp is really nice, even if you lose out on damage from FH's mana. I actually really like going Warmogs as a sixth item, usually before selling boots for a void staff. You should have a lot of resists from FH/SV/BV, and if you're the front line then that extra 1k hp is really, really nice. The biggest tip I can give to new ryze players is to spam your ult like it's on a 10 second cooldown, since it basically is. Heading to lane? Pop it. Clearing a wave? Pop it.

The most difficult part of ryze is doing his combo correctly, since there's a huge DPS differential between a proper qrqweq and an rweq.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

DOUBLE POST I DONT CARE ULTRA RAPID FIRE MODE 80% CDR ON EVERYTHING NO MANA COSTS DOUBLE AS FROM ITEMS ON RANGED CHAMPS 15 SEC TF ULT 3 SEC NID SPEARS THIS IS AMAZING
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

I like it when people type up the Ryze combo because it looks like they just threw up on their keyboard.

The big thing about playing Ryze is he always gets nerfed when Riot realizes nobody actually likes watching or playing against him (I'd also say he's not fun to play as, but to each their own I guess). He's one of those champions who is 100% going to kill you or die based on both your items and builds because his optimal combo can't really be screwed up and everything is targeted. Compare him to Vlad, who is kinda tanky but has to make real decisions during fights (when to pool, how to position for optimal aoe but still not die, when to Zhonyas) and needs to wait for a good situation to use his ult. Vlad is considered a problem champion and yet I prefer him to fucking Ryze because at least his design is interesting.

I think Ryze gets buffed just because he's named after one of Riot's higher-ups. His design is a trifecta of bad ideas (build tanky to get damage, no counterplay once he gets going, chance he won't even get to play the damn game) and they should be able to recognize that.

tl;dr: Fuck Ryze. I'm waiting for his next round of nerfs/nerfs to his items. Until then I'm banning that tit.
sandmann wrote:

Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

I feel like the optimal Ryze combo needs some math, because I doubt that one is optimal. E first might be a better choice because of the MR shred.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Korgan0 wrote:DOUBLE POST I DONT CARE ULTRA RAPID FIRE MODE 80% CDR ON EVERYTHING NO MANA COSTS DOUBLE AS FROM ITEMS ON RANGED CHAMPS 15 SEC TF ULT 3 SEC NID SPEARS THIS IS AMAZING
Um... WTF is going on here? Did you have a brain fart and die?

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Kaelik wrote:
Korgan0 wrote:DOUBLE POST I DONT CARE ULTRA RAPID FIRE MODE 80% CDR ON EVERYTHING NO MANA COSTS DOUBLE AS FROM ITEMS ON RANGED CHAMPS 15 SEC TF ULT 3 SEC NID SPEARS THIS IS AMAZING
Um... WTF is going on here? Did you have a brain fart and die?
New game type, released for april fools.

No mana or energy costs, 80% CDR on everything (except smite and something else), double AS and +25% crit on all ranged champions, 25% tenacity.

Great things about this game:
  • Mundo/Irelia can have 100% crowd control reduction.
  • Ryze does not exist.
  • Karthus 32s CD on ult
  • fizz is untargetable 50% of the game.
  • Lux's ult
  • Taric has 1.6s stun on .8s CD with his passive, fiddlesticks has 2.25s fear on 2.2s CD
  • Gragas can have two barrels at a time for ult-sniping.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

...You Lost Me wrote:Mundo/Irelia can have 100% crowd control reduction.
This is false. Tenacity stacks multiplicitively, So 25% reduction +25% reduction is not 50% reduction, it is 31.25% reduction.

Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

I've started getting matched with challenger players (notably Hashinshin...twice). Neat, I guess.

WEIRD THINGS I'VE SEEN: Lots of AP Tristana. Lots of top heimerdinger. I get why people say d1/challenger is all weird shit.
sandmann wrote:

ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

//
Last edited by ubernoob on Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

And now you are even allowed to pick one of your summoner spells without being an idiot because they banned revive.

I like it. Best temp mode since One for All. Played a lot of blitz. If you land a grab, you do 600+2Ap instantly, followed by your knockup bunch, which can be lichbane.

Basically no one survives that.

Also, Hecarim, that fucker has the dumbest aoe slash on a cd shorter than most peoples attacks speed.

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Multiplicative tenacity means they only get 70%. That's very disappointing.

Also, zyra can solo drag at level 2 and twitch wins split-pushing forever. I'm a little disappointed (but not surprised) by how good poke is.

And Taric is definitely hilariously broken. Pick a target and stunlock them for eternity. Tele + Flash and no one escapes.