League Of Losers

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Post by Pseudo Stupidity »

...You Lost Me wrote:Multiplicative tenacity means they only get 70%. That's very disappointing.

Also, zyra can solo drag at level 2 and twitch wins split-pushing forever. I'm a little disappointed (but not surprised) by how good poke is.

And Taric is definitely hilariously broken. Pick a target and stunlock them for eternity. Tele + Flash and no one escapes.
My issue with Taric would be everyone having flash up all the time. If you flash away from him he can't get the lock going, even if he flashes after them.

Permanent CC on URF mode:

Morgana: At level 3 you can perma-bind somebody (travel time makes it difficult, but still) who doesn't have tenacity. At level 5 travel time doesn't matter very much, and at 9 you have almost a full second of wait time before your binding would wear off and you shoot your second binding. She can't lock up people with tenacity since her combo is based on having a 3 fucking second root on a 2.2 second CD.

Brand: Starting at level 1 if Brand can land Sear on his opponent twice he can continue using Sear on them. Sear is a 2 second stun if your opponent has Brand's passive on them, and in URF mode it has a rank 1 CD of 1.4 seconds. As he puts points into it the CD goes to 1.2 seconds, not that it matters. Brand can stunlock people who have 35% tenacity at level 5.

Irelia: At level 7 an Irelia maxing E can stunlock you for as long as your health % is higher than hers. Good luck stunlocking her back.

Taric: Dazzle stunlock begins at level 3 if you can dazzle -> auto -> dazzle. It begins working against targets with 35% tenacity at level 9 (assuming he can close for the auto fast enough).

Fiddlesticks: Can fearlock targets without tenacity at level 9. Surprisingly bad, considering his competition can stunlock earlier and harder (and sometimes against targets with tenacity).

I can't think of anyone else who can hard-CC chain with themselves. Ryze might be able to perma-root somebody with rune prison since his Q is essentially an auto attack that lowers his CDs by 1.

Runner-up for being surprisingly relevant: Nocturne, for his CC chain that is hardly escapable without tenacity. There is a .25 second window to escape his fear leash after being hit by the first one (at rank 9). Unfortunately he's trash in every other aspect in URF mode.

So I gotta say, Brand came out big. Good for him.

Edit: Brand is completely broken in URF and people haven't realized it yet. He's also super fun because you're shooting fireballs fucking everywhere. Healers are boring but strong and hec is overestimated but still very strong (I'd ban Taric/Brand over him). Morgana is amazing because black shield is and so are roots (but they aren't permanent due to the natural tenacity).

Brand permastuns with no chance to escape at level 1. Fucking pick him, land a Q, then flash next to your opponent and KEEP HITTING Q. Spam joke next to them for maximum enjoyment as well, because standing next to somebody who absolutely can't act while being lit on fire constantly is the most appropriate time to say "Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?"

This fucking mode.
Last edited by Pseudo Stupidity on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:I'm not a dick, I'm really nice.
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

//
Last edited by ubernoob on Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Vi is actually pretty good against the champs people always like to choose (Hecarim, Riven, Ez) because her dash and ult are up so often and she deals big damage with just a triforce + tank items.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

first comes URF, then the 4.5 nerf. At least Rengar can now have 6 items and his bonetooth. Still not sure how a trinket-tooth necklace works outside of URF.
Play the game, not the rules.
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
good read (Note to self Maxus sucks a barrel of cocks.)
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Rengar should have never been released. He's always been a stupid champion.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Surgo wrote:Rengar should have never been released. He's always been a stupid champion.
Riot just doesn't follow their own design guidelines.

1. Building tank while gaining high damage is bad.

2. Long-term stealth is bad.

3. Abilities with no counterplay aren't fun.

Rengar is nasty because of 2 and 3, and the entire fucking problem is his ult. His ult is a long stealth that you have NO IDEA he is using until he comes out of nowhere and instagibs a squishy by jumping on them from 700(?) range. That's not fun. It's not that fun for Rengar either because he'll get killed shortly after being revealed.

His new kit looks a little less broken from an instagib standpoint, but Rengar will always be problematic if he can do his job because he can ALWAYS get into range without the other team knowing about it. Making his jump break stealth early isn't a big help online, where ping means almost nobody is reacting fast enough to save the poor bastard he's jumping on.

New patch: Whoa.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

I really like fighting as/against rengar in the jungle. Having him jump from brush with every attack feels really cool.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

Played Swain throughout urf and had a ridiculously good time.
As long as there's no instagib, it's hilarious. I did have an ashe/ziggs lane destroy me last night, though.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Blasted wrote:Played Swain throughout urf and had a ridiculously good time.
As long as there's no instagib, it's hilarious. I did have an ashe/ziggs lane destroy me last night, though.
I played Akali alot. It is one hellish game pre 6 almost no matter who you play against, but the reward, if you make it even only slightly behind is that you get to start murdering everyone.

I had a malphazar take two turrets before I hit 6 by just running everything down, and he was still basically a counter to me 1v1 with his ult, because he just always had his w(?) pool under him as well as whereever else, so if I went in he ulted me and I died. But all I had to do was convince anyone else at all to be there to eat the ult, and then murder him in an instant. And teamfights are beautiful things.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Cloud 9 vs Coast, holy shit. What an amazing finishing play.
sandmann wrote:

nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:Cloud 9 vs Coast, holy shit. What an amazing finishing play.
That Nocturne. Can any of you high ELO people explain to low silver me what kind of hubris was that? In the games I play, spotting an enemy by an unprotected inhibitor sends the whole team into full "retreat to deal with it" mode.
@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

nockermensch wrote:
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:Cloud 9 vs Coast, holy shit. What an amazing finishing play.
That Nocturne. Can any of you high ELO people explain to low silver me what kind of hubris was that? In the games I play, spotting an enemy by an unprotected inhibitor sends the whole team into full "retreat to deal with it" mode.
Spoilered because the game is amazing and I don't want to ruin it.
They didn't back to defend against Nocturne because he ran into the fog of war and they wanted to keep pressing their baron advantage 4v5 to take the inhib (they figured Meteos was recalling in the fog to defend his inhib). When Nocturne got back into vision they tried to rush back to defend, but Cloud 9 kept them from backing by throwing everything at them so they couldn't get the 8 seconds required to go back. It was brilliant teamwork by Cloud 9, Coast just guessed wrong and played too aggressively. Had they gone back and Meteos wasn't there they'd of wasted a lot of Baron's duration, but instead they didn't go back and lost because of it.

EDIT: Had Coast pushed harder they might have been able to win the 4v5 and win the base race, but Cloud 9 had great waveclear and disengage so they risked it. Coast didn't make a decision until too late (had they hard engaged they had a chance to win) and lost because of that. Cloud 9 is really decisive and win a lot of games because they don't hesitate.
Last edited by Pseudo Stupidity on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandmann wrote:

Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Scarra, in an earlier interview, basically said that "Coast are always winning up until the point when they're losing. They'll do really well and then make a stupid decision and get aced." Actually fairly prescient, I think.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

They always seem to do badly in lane phase too. I think Coast is just really good at teamfights and not much else.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

I'm shutting off the Internet next time I have a party. Whoa.
Last edited by Pseudo Stupidity on Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandmann wrote:

ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Last edited by ubernoob on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:I'm shutting off the Internet next time I have a party. Whoa.
FWIW, I've seen much worse drunken gamer rants. It's sorta funny how many people lose sight of the whole "A bad plan is often better than no plan" thing though. I've played lol like 3 times in my life but I know damn well from other games that sometimes you can get a surprising amount of shit done based on the reasoning "Well, fuck it, all of us are already here anyway, #YOLO."
bears fall, everyone dies
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Whipstitch wrote:
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:I'm shutting off the Internet next time I have a party. Whoa.
FWIW, I've seen much worse drunken gamer rants. It's sorta funny how many people lose sight of the whole "A bad plan is often better than no plan" thing though. I've played lol like 3 times in my life but I know damn well from other games that sometimes you can get a surprising amount of shit done based on the reasoning "Well, fuck it, all of us are already here anyway, #YOLO."
I'm almost more disappointed in my use of bundle of sticks (that's what [EDITED] is here, right?) to describe dickheads than the actual content of the rant itself. Not to say it was a GOOD rant, but I don't use that word in conversation or...well, anything. I do think that following the team is important, because yeah, a bad plan is better than everyone dicking around on their own until you lose.

Congratulations ubernoob!

Update on my own shit: My Pantheon is at 18-2 now. I pick him regardless of team comp at this point (only exception: If it would make my team all AD. Then I pick Amumu or Maokai) because he makes me win. I've also started building hexdrinker -> giant's belt before finishing LW a lot more now that double AP comps have become more common.
sandmann wrote:

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Did I miss something?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Pseduo made another really long and stupid post about how it is so easy to get to diamond all you have to do is play like every bronze player ever by doing things like following your team into teamfights even when they are bad teamfights.

Apparently he was drunk, so he deleted it.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

ELO elitism is bullshit (elotism?), but given that Pseudo is in diamond and that you're in Bronze, I'd hesitate at blanketly calling him stupid.

I agree that Ryze is a really badly designed champion, but since he was the first champion i ever really mained I have a soft spot for him in my heart a mile wide. At the very least, he's finally adding some more diversity to top lane.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Korgan0 wrote:ELO elitism is bullshit (elotism?), but given that Pseudo is in diamond and that you're in Bronze, I'd hesitate at blanketly calling him stupid.
Well given that people being in bronze or diamond is completely independant of intelligence, I'll call him stupid if I want. But more importantly, I did not call him stupid. I said his stupid rant was stupid, a statement he probably agrees with to some extent, since he deleted it.

But more importantly, the reason it is stupid is not because the advice he gives is bad, it is because he gave a really general list of really obvious things that every idiot is already trying to do. I mean, this was on a level even more ridiculous than reactions don't matter because League is slow (according to fighting game tournament players), this was literally on the level of "You should last hit" and "You should follow your team in team fights."

If you want a list of things that knowing demonstratively does not turn bronze players into diamond, this list is it, because it includes literally nothing that would be new and unknown to Bronzes in 2010.
Last edited by Kaelik on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daiba
Journeyman

Post by Daiba »

I'm only summoner level 23 right now, so no ranked games, but I've been having a lot of success with jungle Warwick. Had a great game last night where we were facing an Evelynn so I started with 2 pots and a pink. Put the pink down in the baron river bush, where it lasted for more than half the game, neutralized most of her ganks, and got me an early counter-counterjungle kill on her. People (at this level of play) also seem to not realize that I build tanky after one damage item and still try to focus me down late game.

However, I realize that Warwick isn't going to be very useful after I hit 30 - any suggestions for a jungle champ that's viable without consistent leashing or full runepages/masteries?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Daiba wrote:I'm only summoner level 23 right now, so no ranked games, but I've been having a lot of success with jungle Warwick. Had a great game last night where we were facing an Evelynn so I started with 2 pots and a pink. Put the pink down in the baron river bush, where it lasted for more than half the game, neutralized most of her ganks, and got me an early counter-counterjungle kill on her. People (at this level of play) also seem to not realize that I build tanky after one damage item and still try to focus me down late game.

However, I realize that Warwick isn't going to be very useful after I hit 30 - any suggestions for a jungle champ that's viable without consistent leashing or full runepages/masteries?
Warwick could work as long as your lanes can play even and not loose. As for junglers, the answer I would give is, "depends how fast you level" My brother was 23 about 3 months ago, and is 29 now. Basically any jungle advice I gave then would be useless now. Right now Feral Flare attack speed junglers like Xin Zhao are on top. However, in the next three months Feral Flare could be nerfed to make them basically unplayable again.

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Warwick with Wit's End + Feral Flare is a bucket of damage with lots of tankiness. You can try that.

I recommend looking at Evelynn (medium difficulty, kinda strong), Vi (low difficulty, very strong) or Lee Sin (hard difficulty, VERY strong). I personally like Vi because she has damage presence all game with tank items and a triforce, but Eve's ganking ability is amazing. Oh, or go for Kha'zix is you want to be an asshole.

Of course Pseudo will tell you to pick Pantheon, but you need to go uber manmode for that.
Last edited by ...You Lost Me on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.