Username convention

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

I have never had a hard time with his name before. I used to always spell Lago's name as Largo for some odd reason. I haven't even read Megatokyo since 2003...
Last edited by Cynic on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

erik wrote:You "err" but my mind totally transposed m and b in the first one. Unless ffmb did a stealth edit. HrmmmmmMMmMm?
Not a stealth edit, it's the forum swear word filter in action. (I have a copy of google cache with the wrong spelling.) The filter displays the replacement when viewing and quoting a post, but it still records the original in the database. Try searching via the forum search function for

"fbmf": you'll get 1000+ posts

[the wrong spelling]: you'll get 53 posts (as of this writing) that are displayed with the correct spelling (I also did a test post (which I deleted afterward), with the wrong spelling in the "About" forum - the search found it along with the extant 53 posts)

and (no offense :biggrin:) two swear words (one at a time) that are known to be replaced with [EDITED]: you'll get two different sets of posts with [EDITED] in them.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

*blink blink* O.o
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

That is the awesomest use of the language filter. :)
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

"f m b f" was such a common error that I word filtered it.

Game On,
fbmf
Last edited by fbmf on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

fbmf wrote:"f m b f" was such a common error that I word filtered it.

Game On,
fbmf
Yes! Now I can just type whatever I want fbmf. Thanks.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

*snickers*
what good is an admin post if you can't use it to your advantage once in a while ^^
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Fwib
Knight-Baron

Post by Fwib »

It momentarily confused me when I could have sworn I read that post and it said fmbf instead of fbmf. Especially since I had intended to post that near-exact post and only didn't because I was ninja'd.
Last edited by Fwib on Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

i wonder what would happen if somebody were to create a user account with f m b f without the spaces as the name . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Laertes
Duke

Post by Laertes »

I wonder how many people already have, and have never been heard from again?