Drunk people are victims of subconscious prejudice.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

NineInchNall
Duke

Drunk people are victims of subconscious prejudice.

Post by NineInchNall »

So here I am, trying to give Amazon my money for an album based on the strength of a single song I hear on Pandora, and these assholes require me to enter a password I've not even thought of for at least two years (thank you browser memory) but now these assholes are suddenly requiring some actual input on my part.

So I go through the bullshit of resetting my password, but because I'm, ya know, drunk and all, I can't remember what the fuck I just entered as the new password, so I have to reenter it.

This?

This is fucking bullshit. I just want to give them my money and get my got damn music so I can get my got damn self-pity on. So do they not want my money? Are they bigoted assholes who have something against non-Baptist people who think alcohol is a perfectly acceptable social lubricant? Or are they of the type that believe the sign of Metatron is a gateway for the forces of evil to enter into the real world andexert influence upon the daily interactions of normal peeps?
Current pet peeves:
Misuse of "per se". It means "[in] itself", not "precisely". Learn English.
Malformed singular possessives. It's almost always supposed to be 's.
TiaC
Knight-Baron

Post by TiaC »

I think they don't want you to call your bank and say "I don't remember buying this! Cancel the purchase immediately!" :tongue:
virgil wrote:Lovecraft didn't later add a love triangle between Dagon, Chtulhu, & the Colour-Out-of-Space; only to have it broken up through cyber-bullying by the King in Yellow.
FrankTrollman wrote:If your enemy is fucking Gravity, are you helping or hindering it by putting things on high shelves? I don't fucking know! That's not even a thing. Your enemy can't be Gravity, because that's stupid.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

That's weird. I was commenting to my husband the other day that I didn't even have to re-log in to buy something. Just open my browser and depend on cookies. I couldn't even change my payment information.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.