Cool Animal Facts, like spider eye arrangement

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

OgreBattle
King

Cool Animal Facts, like spider eye arrangement

Post by OgreBattle »

Found a cool website that shows the arrangement of eyes on different kinds of spiders. It varies based on function, such as most web weaving spiders have all-around eyes while jumping spiders are very lateral with the largest eyes on the front, while wolf spiders that chase prey have the most front-mounted eyes

http://bugguide.net/node/view/84423

So if you like drawing giant spiders this is a neat way to give them an air of 'authenticity' base don what they do.

I'll add more links when I find other nifty animal resources that would be helpful with monster design.
erik
King

Post by erik »

I liked this image for spider eyes (for some of the 8-eyed variety anyway)

I had to sift through my posts to find it since I put it in the news thread a month ago as a sleep aid for Shrapnel.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

My favourite is the No-eyed Eight-eyes Spider. It's part of the eight-eyed spider "family" so by all accounts should have eight. But it happens to not have any eyes. But because of where it fits, they still have Eight-Eyed in the name.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

I've always liked jumping spiders, they have these big round eyes that stare right into your soul.