Play in my online Puzzle Strike Tournament (New Year's Day)

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Josh_Kablack
King

Play in my online Puzzle Strike Tournament (New Year's Day)

Post by Josh_Kablack »

This coming New Year's Day, at 2pm my time, I will be running the third annual Hangover Hero online Puzzle Strike Tournament. If you're free, you should all come on over and join in. Here's a Link to signup and rules thread over on the forums.

Why you should join: Of the games for which I have a playtest credit, Puzzle Strike is far and away the best, if you haven't tried it out, you really should. It's meant to be tournament balanced, so tournaments help to showcase how well it stands up to high level play. But don't be intimidated, this will be a freeplay event with a "best new player" prize and the assumption that even the seasoned veterans will be hungover.

Also, the designer is a sanctimonious asshole who rages against fuzzy rules, poor design decisions and lack of balance -- and the 'Den should really turn out to support games made by people like that.

What you need: To download the Unity player browser plug in (no cost, no ads, no spam) Sadly doesn't work on Android or IoS. To Create a Fantasy Strike account (no cost, no ads, no spam*) use that account to sign up on the sign up thread over there. Then let me know (either here or via PM on either forum) that you are a Denizen and if you want any help learning the game or coaching to try to become competitive on short notice.

* (Save for the forums occasionally trying to push the Tapatalk app on you if you access them via mobile.)
Last edited by Josh_Kablack on Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

8AM start time is too much like work.
(But I'll give the game a look some other time)
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

fectin wrote:8AM start time is too much like work.
(But I'll give the game a look some other time)
You live in the Cook Islands?

-Username17
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

No, but I apparently can't math.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

That sort of thing is why there's a worldwide time link at the top of the sign up page. Lemme copy it over here :

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... 1=418&ah=5
Last edited by Josh_Kablack on Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."