SWSE Unarmed (Teras Kasi) Droid Build, Please Help :D

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Failedlegend
NPC

SWSE Unarmed (Teras Kasi) Droid Build, Please Help :D

Post by Failedlegend »

So uh yeah pretty much the title my previous combat droid got obliterated....again...so I've got about 120k to outfit a Large sized loader droid that i downloaded my old droids memories,etc. into (my character carries around a copy that she regularly updates just in case)

The issue is that the DM has ruled than any Non-PC droids only get Non-heroic levels until they pick up prestige classes (free of normal pre-reqs) and we can only have a max of 1 (mine is a combat droid, the jedis is essentially siri, the scoundrel has a med droid, mine used to be a protocol droid about 2 bodies ago) so it's more limited on feats and talents and well HP.

Also I'm a little lost on what feats work best with Teras Kasai...anyways here's what so far

Stats (based off of memory i cant find the sheet, also this is Lvl 1 stats and doesnt include equipment listed below)

Non-Heroic 7/Elite Trooper 10/???

Str 26
Dex 10
Con -
Int 16
Wis 6
Cha 14

Feats

Starting (for droids it can be any weapon prof, armor prof or Skill focus...i don't know if this a house rule or not)
1 SF: ???
1 SF: ???
1 Exotic Proficiency: Rakatan Weaponry

1 Martial Artist 1 (+1 unarmed die step, + 1 Ref)
3 Martial Artist 2 (+1 unarmed die step, + 1 Ref)
6 Droid Shield mastery (repairing shield is 2 swift actions and auto-succeeds)

Skills = Persuasion, Perception, Initiative, Know: Bureau (im pretty sure non heroic skills are 1+Int mod)

Future Plans

Feats
Martial arts 3
DWM 1/2 & MAYBE 3
Rapid Strike
Mechanical Martial Arts (on-hit -5 attack rolls/damage until EoNT)

Talents
Teras kasi Basics
Hammer Blow
Tera Kasi Mastery
Ignore DR
Improved Armored Defense

Possible alternative: Double Attack & Triple Attack + Elite Trooper Multi-attack prof + Teras Kasi = FUN!!!

Droid equipment list and costs

Budifist Equipment list Cost

3 Legs (+5 vs. Prone) 120
Jump Servos 160
Climbing Claws x2 160
Mag Feet 160
Mag Hands 160
2 x Stabilized+Telescoping Appendage (Hands) 800
Diagnostics Package (+2 Perception) 250
Hardened Systems Mark 5 (+50 HP. +25 DT) 12,500
Internal Storage 20kg (approx 45lbs.) 1000
Droid Caller 10
Locked Access 50
Shield Generator 20 20,000
Translator Unit DC 5 2000
Dark Vision 150
Secondary Battery 400
Gyroscopic Stabilizers (+5 vs. Prone) 16
Underwater Drive ` 320
Specialized Subprocessor (Extra swift w/ Endurance) 1000
Antitheft Locater (secretly transmit location to laura) 100
Audio Enhancers (Reroll Perception, Take Best) 2000
Improved Sensor Package (+2 Perception) 200
Courier Compartment (Torso - Small) 200
Communications Jammer 5000
Anti-Jammer 1000
Credit Reader 50
Electric Defense Grid (5 dmg to melee attackers) 6000
High Speed Cutting Torch/Welder 2500
Holographic Game System 300
Silence-bubble Generator 3,500
Multifunction Apparatus x 2 320
Multi-spectrum Searchlight 100
Heating Element (1d4 Damage vs. adjacent enemies) 200
Remote Viewer 1000
Sensor Countermeasures 1000
Shield Expansion Module 2000
Survival kit 100
Voiceprint Command Lock 400
Weapon Detector 1,500
Cortosis Gauntlet 1,500
Enhanced Strength 1000
Silverplate 2500
Enviromental Sealing 400
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal 72,326
Total 72,326

Weapon
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Combat Gloves 350
Improved Accuracy 1000
Ion Charger 3000
Rakatan Weapon 3000
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal 7350
Total 79676

Armor
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neutronium Plating (Ref 11, MDB 1) 24,200
Protective Armor Mod (+1 armor bonus) 2420
Powered Exoskeleton (+2 Str) 4000
Generator 1000
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal 30620
Total ` 110,296
Last minute addition of flying 4800
Final Total 115,096
Remaining Creds 2454
Korwin
Duke

Re: SWSE Unarmed (Teras Kasi) Droid Build, Please Help :D

Post by Korwin »

Failedlegend wrote:The issue is that the DM has ruled than any Non-PC droids only get Non-heroic levels until they pick up prestige classes (free of normal pre-reqs) and we can only have a max of 1 (mine is a combat droid, the jedis is essentially siri, the scoundrel has a med droid, mine used to be a protocol droid about 2 bodies ago) so it's more limited on feats and talents and well HP.
But you are playing an PC-Droid and overwriting the original non-PC Droid personality, why do you still need to take non-heroic Levels?
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Echoes
Journeyman

Post by Echoes »

Screw all that nonsense. What you want is the Echani Training and Slammer feats, and the Heavy-Duty Actuators and Hammerblow talents.

Echani training doubles your Strength bonus to damage whenever you make only one unarmed attack in a round. Slammer is a Standard action attack that deals your base unarmed damage plus double your Strength bonus in damage. Heavy-Duty Actuators doubles your Strength bonus on all unarmed attacks you make, so long as your hands are empty, and finally Hammerblow doubles your Strength bonus on unarmed and melee attack rolls.

Since Saga doesn't use "D&D math", all those doublings are multiplicative, meaning you wind up doing 1d8+(Str x 8) with your Slammer swing, or 1d8+(Str x 4) on a generic attack, or 1d8+(Str x 2) if you make multiple attacks per round. You're already a loader droid, so you have the +4 Strength from that. Make sure your droid chassis is made by Balmorran Arms for a random +1 to Str, and then find someone with Superior Tech to give you an additional +4 to your Strength. If you want to really cheat, see if you can get a Dark Trooper Phase 3 suit, which gives a +4 equipment bonus to Strength.

For further stuff, you can pick up Whirlwind Attack (or whatever Saga calls it, I can't remember off the top of my head), which would give you an AoE 1d8+(Str x 4) attack which, as a Large creature with the telescoping arms is actually a pretty decent area.

Also, look into picking up Pin, Crush (which will give you another die on your Slammer attack for no reason), Rancor Crush, Bone Crusher, and most importantly, Pincer. This droid-only feat A) makes your Pins last indefinitely, rather than ending at the beginning of your next turn, and B) lets you make grapple checks to do damage as a Swift action. Also, remember that grapple checks are explicitly unarmed attack rolls in Saga Edition, so Hammerblow doubles your Strength bonus on grapple checks as well (yes, this is as retarded as it sounds).
For CaptPike: 4E was a terrible game and a total business failure. These are facts that I am stating with absolute certainty.