Last night was fun.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Last night was fun.

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

(cross-posted from Nifty because there are people here that don't go to nifty that might enjoy this story)

Remind me never to take shot advice from my friend Eric ever again.

Alright, I was out carousing last nihgt. My buddy Eric was going to give me a ride home, so I was determined to enjoy the night. (More accurately, he convinced his wife to drive us both home, but we won't quibble the details.)

So, we drank, we sang karaoke (in my case, sang it poorly, eric is actually a good singer). I have a good recollection of most of the night, I know that I drank a cup of ranch dressing because Eric's wife asked me if I was drunk enough to so a shot of ranch dressing. (In hindsight, that was probably about the second or third worst mistake of the night, but I digress)

I have a pretty good memory of the night's proceedings until the end, where I told Eric that I would drink whatever he ordered for me. So, he ordered me a 252, which is one shot Bacardi 151, one shot wild turkey 101. I have a vague memory of being nominated the most whimsical chap this quarter, but I don't actually know what happened from that point on. I think I drank something else called a Snakebite, but I don't remember what's in that.

I do know that I seemingly attempted to make several completely unintelligible posts on the forums I frequent, and I seem to have trashed my apartment without realizing it.

What I do remember is praying to the porcelain god several times. Remember the ranch dressing shot? Every time I ralphed, I tasted ranch with it. Which added a surreal and completely unhappy modifier to what was pretty standard faire considering how much I had drank that night. After that my memory gets fuzzy again, and before I know it it's 7am, I had passed out on the bathroom floor (but had the foresight to do so on my side, which is a good thing), and I was taxed with trying to make sense out of the whole ordeal.

Consider the day of December 8th, 2007 to be seized.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Re: Last night was fun.

Post by Captain_Bleach »

Speaking of what you posted on the message boards, you apparently called Pyramid Head from Silent Hill a god.
It sounds like you are a regular party man. There are plenty of women who go for that.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Captain_Bleach at [unixtime wrote:1197229981[/unixtime]]Speaking of what you posted on the message boards, you apparently called Pyramid Head from Silent Hill a god.

???

:lmao:

I haven't found that one yet.

edit: Found it. I'm not entirely sure what I was trying to say there...
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

Heh, drunkaoke is always fun. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. Whenever I drink anymore I make sure not to get drunk enough to throw up. The one time I did I threw up all over my best friends bedroom floor. I like to get drunk to the point where I (think I) can feel every single muscle in my body. That's a good feeling.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Welcome to the shameful secret world of drunken late night internet posting.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

The one time I posted online while drunk, I made far too much sense.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Link to Count's post about Pyramid head please.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Captain_Bleach at [unixtime wrote:1197251837[/unixtime]] Link is here

Ah yes I remember that.
My link is
here.
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

sigma999 at [unixtime wrote:1197239959[/unixtime]]Welcome to the shameful secret world of drunken late night internet posting.

I dunno how shameful and secret it is. Half of my posts in the last year were written while drunk. Somehow, my spelling doesn't get worse.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Oh.. well to me at least it seems like an AA meeting.

"Hi, my name is Sig, and I wrote the 'Sig by Fey' project over the course of half a week, mostly at night, while recovering from high-powered painkillers and intrusive surgery.
Since then, maybe at least one night a week since then has been 'under the influence'. Maybe.. uh.. more."

It also seems that Frank and I also have a nasty habit of posting when insomnic, maybe others too (but they haven't admitted to it yet!)
That's a big no-no, when the world is half-lucid as it is around 3-4 AM.
Then your sleep-rants are still on text by the next evening, and you have no memory of writing it.
At all.
Frank's insomniac rants at least read better than mine, but not by much <_<
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

sigma999 at [unixtime wrote:1197259950[/unixtime]]It also seems that Frank and I also have a nasty habit of posting when insomnic, maybe others too (but they haven't admitted to it yet!)

:wave:
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

I have never posted drunk before. :tonguesmile:

Now I have posted slightly intoxicated but once I'm drunk I have more important things to do than post, like being more drunk. :tonguesmile:

fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

A Snakebite is either Crown, peach schnapps, and cranberry or Crown, peach schnapps, and sweet/sour.

Game On,
fbmf
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Thanks, fbmf.

I still prefer a straight Jaeger, flavored vodka, or Guinness, but not at once, no.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Eww, jager/ I burned myself out on jager last year.

Although now that my memories are coming back, I also had a jager bomb that night, which was actually pretty good.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

That reminds me - I need to get another bottle of jager for the downstairs fridge.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

Count, what's your favorite beer?
Count Arioch the 28th
King

It's hard to pick just one, I like many different types, depending on my mood at the time.

On the 8th, I was drinking Amber Bock.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

I had a Budweiser with my girlfriend's birthday dinner. Not too bad.
The meal was some shrimp n cheese stuff in a breadbowl, and tilapia with a bunch of sides. We split both but she said the cheese-soup stuff was too 'shrimpy'.
I couldn't tell; everything tasted like beer. And fish.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

sigma999 at [unixtime wrote:1197580538[/unixtime]]I had a Budweiser with my girlfriend's birthday dinner. Not too bad.

But life is too short to drink beer that is "not too bad." :tongue:
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

It was either Bud or light beer.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

I think I discovered something. I still have some remnants of claustrophobia. Basically when I am in a crowded bar, elbow to elbow with the patrons, as often happens at holiday parties where the former employees gather, I just don't feel like drinking. Perhaps it's because it's because I don't want to fight my way to the bar, but I just don't feel like drinking.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

In contrast to all you mega-drinking experts, I actually talked to a woman today who has never been inside a liquor store. It was actually rather funny - I don't drink, but I regularly visit the liquor store to buy various things for cooking. When she asked for an exciting fondue recipe and I suggested chocolate with Grand Marnier, she gave me a blank stare and asked me what Grand Marnier was.

My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Yes, many people seem totally unaware that alcohol carries flavours otherwise unavailable. Admittedly, there's much of it which is merely the same oak or alcohol flavor over and over again, but there are many bright points.

I'm sure they were similarly unaware that vanilla extract - or any other extract - is like an unsweetened liquor, and made in a similar way.

On that note, I prefer vanillin. It gets kinda hard to get a good vanillin in hip metros. ;-;

-Crissa