Humble Books Bundle will start doing RPG bundles

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Humble Books Bundle will start doing RPG bundles

Post by Prak »

Apparently, anyway. They're starting with Pathfinder. $15 for a bunch of legitimate pdfs, and probably more coming. Not bad.
Last edited by Prak on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

I guess Bundle of Holding has been doing well for itself.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Has BoH done any bundles of good stuff lately?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Depends what you mean by good. Here's a link to a list of their past offers, if that helps.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Hm... slightly disappointed I missed the Werewolf bundle...

TiaC
Knight-Baron

Post by TiaC »

Huh, my brother works for them.
virgil wrote:Lovecraft didn't later add a love triangle between Dagon, Chtulhu, & the Colour-Out-of-Space; only to have it broken up through cyber-bullying by the King in Yellow.
FrankTrollman wrote:If your enemy is fucking Gravity, are you helping or hindering it by putting things on high shelves? I don't fucking know! That's not even a thing. Your enemy can't be Gravity, because that's stupid.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

I mean it still doesn't beat the $0 price point of the online SRD, but it's nice to see this in the industry.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
Aryxbez
Duke

Post by Aryxbez »

Could actually serve to bring other titles back to prominence, and if profits were there, maybe even revive a game line temporarily. Course that's just me being hopeful, but I hope they give us obscure RPG's bundled up to consider.

I was sad I missed the Shadowrun 4th edition bundle, and maybe the One Ring a little bit (latter kinda want to just check out for mechanics not to play).
What I find wrong w/ 4th edition: "I want to stab dragons the size of a small keep with skin like supple adamantine and command over time and space to death with my longsword in head to head combat, but I want to be totally within realistic capabilities of a real human being!" --Caedrus mocking 4rries

"the thing about being Mister Cavern [DM], you don't blame players for how they play. That's like blaming the weather. Weather just is. You adapt to it. -Ancient History
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Aryxbez wrote:I was sad I missed the Shadowrun 4th edition bundle, and maybe the One Ring a little bit (latter kinda want to just check out for mechanics not to play).
My group tried out the One Ring for a short campaign, so I can probably answer any questions you have about it.