Who's up for a game?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Who's up for a game?

Post by Prak »

ok... I posted this 24 hours ago on MW, with only a response along the lines of "that may or may not violate the CoC". So, anyone on here able to run a game? I'd love to have several people in on this, solo games aren't much fun...

"Fear and Loathing in Greyhawk?"
"Okay, I was looking to play a character I'd grown to love the idea of in another game, but didn't get picked, so I'm still jonesing to play D&D, and I've got character concepts bubbling around in my head. I'm also, as I type this, watching Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations and they're doing a Vegas episode full of references to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, which I love. Hunter S. Thompson was one of the great american writers, I think, even if I'm only primarily familiar with a character heavily based on him(I've also started reading the book, but haven't finished).

Soo....

I'm looking for a DM who is going to indulge my desire to play a very out there evil(or at least morally questionable) character in a completely amoral, debauched Hunter S. Thompson-style game. If I can get my "Tome" gaming fix in this too, I'd be set. Other people are perfectly welcome to join, so long as they're not going to complain about the very likely possibility that my character and a prominent npc (I'd rather there be an npc based off of Hunter than play a character based off of him myself, and of course an npc that is our "attourney") will head off to brothels, drughouses and bars, and comeback with adventure hooks that people who didn't follow along had very little say in. I just want a good old fashion campaign with some intrigue, some dungeoncrawling, and some exploration, but with a dark twisted, Thompson-esque twist. To hell with nicities and moderation, we're adventurers!

So, the characters I'm kinda wanting to play are the following:
  • Nocens, a Tauric Orc/D. Bat of legend Ranger4, probably about ECL 13, or so(by Raw it'd be higher, but LA and ECL rules are all screwed up.)
  • Baragos, a Wild Elf Barbarian5/Berserk2/Frenzied Berserker3 or so, but that's flexible, especially if we do Tome.
  • Or I could build something else.
edit: Oh, it doesn't have to be a greyhawk game. I know precisely dick about greyhawk, and slightly more or less than that about other settings, I'm fine with anything that's fairly standard d&d, or even if someone wants to do the pathfinder setting."
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Talisman
Duke

Post by Talisman »

Hmm...sounds interesting
I'm definitely not GMing, but I'd be interested in participating. Let's see, what sort mad, debauched PC do I want to try? It would be an interesting counterpoint to the holier-than-pretty-much-everybody paladin I'm currently playing IRL.
MartinHarper wrote:Babies are difficult to acquire in comparison to other sources of nutrition.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

y'know, it'd be very interesting to see a paladin in a game like this...

I figured this'd be a good place to try, you guys seem to be more likely to know Hunter S. Thompson than some of the folks on MW.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

You know, it's weird, I just saw Fear and Loathing for the first time last night. I'd be up for a game like this.

I wonder if Johnny Depp has ever done a bad movie...
Maxus
Overlord

Post by Maxus »

Caliborn wrote:You know, it's weird, I just saw Fear and Loathing for the first time last night. I'd be up for a game like this.

I wonder if Johnny Depp has ever done a bad movie...
I think there was some sleazy movie he did when when he was younger--Private Resort, or something like that.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

How about I post a link to the thread on MW, we can get the ball rolling there, and maybe make me feel better about it... one reply in 36 hours, and it's only about the rating of the game...

http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=34464