General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Jerry
Knight

City of Brass?

Post by Jerry »

http://secure1.white-wolf.com/catalog/p ... cts_id=879

Gee, this is really expensive!

But what do you guys think? The reviews are pretty good, but you guys seem to be the harshest critics for table-top RPGs, and I'd like to hear about any bad things from this product, first.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

What reviews? The one on that site that gives it 2 stars and calls it the most appalling proofreading he's ever seen?

Its hideously expensive, thats all I can tell from here. Even the pdf is almost $50, which is absurd.
Jerry
Knight

Post by Jerry »

Voss wrote:What reviews? The one on that site that gives it 2 stars and calls it the most appalling proofreading he's ever seen?

Its hideously expensive, thats all I can tell from here. Even the pdf is almost $50, which is absurd.
I meant reviews in general.

But I want to hear from other people on the book and if it is worth it.

Ptolus was about 120 dollars, and it got relatively good reviews, from what I saw.
Last edited by Jerry on Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

It's not that expensive, it's four books so that comes to about an average of 100 pages per book at 17.50 a book.

World Largest Dungeon was 100 bucks and it was pretty okay.

Here is another review from ENWorld

http://www.enworld.org/reviews.php?do=r ... id=3750200
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Jerry
Knight

Post by Jerry »

I liked some of the Sword & Sorcery stuff by White Wolf (big fan of the Tome of Horrors series and Grimtooth!), so I bet that I'll like this.

However, is ENworld a viable and credible source for game reviews?
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

some of the reviewers are. The plan is to find soime other products you own by the same reviewer, compare what he thinks to what you think and then decide.
Jerry
Knight

Post by Jerry »

cthulhu wrote:some of the reviewers are. The plan is to find soime other products you own by the same reviewer, compare what he thinks to what you think and then decide.
Alright, thanks!