McCain ain't a straight talker anymore...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Crissa
King

McCain ain't a straight talker anymore...

Post by Crissa »

Just to clear the air, here's a compiled list of recent flipflops by McCain.

Normally, I give politicians alot of breadth to change their positions based upon information, popularity, and politics. I think it's important for them to be able to move their position to what is wanted by the people, and to bargain in congress.

McCain is doing none of the above. He's skipping votes, voting against his own bills that get through without riders, and just generally lying out of the sides of his mouth.

So much for the centrist we could negotiate with. Even his position on immigration - he's a big ag guy - has changed.

-Crissa
Jerry
Knight

Post by Jerry »

I think that the real question is "what politician isn't deceptive in order to gain more votes?"
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

This isn't about deception. This is about a man who has abandoned almost every position he's ever held in order to pander to the conservative base.

Fuck, when the Supreme Court upheld habeas goddamn corpus, McCain praised the decision that evening and denounced it the next morning, presumably after it was made clear to him what his position was.
Absentminded_Wizard
Duke

Post by Absentminded_Wizard »

Or it was made clear that the conservative base thinks that upholding habeus corpus was an assault on the Constitution. :roll: Somebody on Fox News actually argued that the prisoners weren't entitled to habeus corpus because it could be suspended without arguing that it actually had been.
Tydanosaurus
Journeyman

Post by Tydanosaurus »

Jerry wrote:I think that the real question is "what politician isn't deceptive in order to gain more votes?"
Not every politician promotes himself as "The Straight Talk Express."
Jerry
Knight

Post by Jerry »

Tydanosaurus wrote:Not every politician promotes himself as "The Straight Talk Express."
Eh, I'm just a pessimist.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

He's at it again, multiple times on the same issue.

Clicky!
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

John McCain wrote:I hated the [EDITED]. I will hate them as long as I live.
-Username17