Racial Determinism: TNE

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

RandomCasualty2 wrote: Seriously it seems like their best bet would just be to give it to the elves on their voyage away from the continent and have one of them toss it in the ocean. If the ring can rest at the bottom of a lake for hundreds of years, then there's no way Sauron is getting it at the depths of the ocean. And that also ensures that no future hobbits or humans find the ring. If the goal was simply to prevent Sauron from getting his hands on the ring, it was actually shown that that was very easy to do, especially if the ring's corruptive influence declines the farther it is from Mordor.
According to my sister (a LotR expert), the reason they didn't do that is because the ring could still fall into Sauron's hands after the world is destroyed and re-created.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

RiotGearEpsilon wrote:MORATORIUM! SHUSH ABOUT THE LOTR PLZ
Hey, you put that more articulately than I would have right now.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
MartinHarper
Knight-Baron

Post by MartinHarper »

Going back to the first post, half-elves can be explained by having humans and elves just be different versions of the same species. However, I prefer allowing humans and elves to breed, and being able to create half-elves, and all half-elves being sterile.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

MartinHarper wrote:However, I prefer allowing humans and elves to breed, and being able to create half-elves, and all half-elves being sterile.
That solution does allow for 'special' characters while removing to possibility of 1/4 elves.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

I don't care if there's 1/4 elves or not. They choose the set out of the elf and human abilities they want. That's why they're set up as modular.

I don't care if they're sterile in your system. Modularity allows you to set up your system in known blocks.

-Crissa