aWoD: Continued

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

norms wrote:I don't know about thiss, the hero driving away friends and severing ties to others with the vague intention of becoming more effective is a fairly common trope.
But it's absolutely terrible for the game. There are several points to a world of darkness game, several goals that are intended to keep people going. There's solving mysteries, there's dealing with the fappish gothism of pretending to be a doomed character cursed with awesome, there's fighting monsters with your superpowers, and there's fucking politics. That is, one of the primary draws is moving up in the world and becoming one of the Primogen of your clan or becoming the Prince of the city. In short, collecting resources and stacking them together to play pretty pretty princess with is the entire point.

If players are mechanically punished for making friends and influencing people, the game is a failure. Full stop. Paying XP to gain resources or getting XP for losing resources is completely unacceptable. Defeating the southside strangler is good, and one of the reasons it is good is that by getting rid of a potential rival and ending an ongoing strain to the masquerade you've given yourself upward mobility in Kindred Society.

-Username17
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Grek wrote:Stolen magical stuff is not something that should be purchasable at character creation.
Don't see why not. If you can own it legit at creation why not a stolen version of the same thing? Besides, I figure the point of this is that it also works during play by giving the GM an idea of how the world should react to a PC gaining wads of cash or penis enhancement drugs that really work.
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

If you have stolen magic stuff at character creation, your character had to have actually stolen it from someone. While that means that whoever you stole it from is pissed at you, that's not a problem. You're a PC and you have enemies. Why they are attacking you isn't important from a balance standpoint and it's a positive for the game if your background comes up in gameplay.

What is a problem is that if we decide that stolen magical stuff cost less points than legitimate magic stuff than people will buy things that give them extra powers at a lower than average price in exchange for the nebulous disadvatage of "Somewhere, there is someone who is really pissed at you and will send goons to mess your shit up." Seeing as you already have people who will send goons to mess your shit up by virtue of being a PC, you've basically just got extra points for nothing.

The only other major difference between stolen magic stuff and legitimately obtained magic stuff is who is willing to buy it from you. There are four basic situations where you will have stolen goods:
1. The person who you stole that stuff from has, for some reason, not informed anyone that you have stolen from him/her/it. This means that the goods are functionally identical to legit items and should not receive a point discount.
2. The person who you stole that stuff from knows you did it and has told the rest of the supernatural comunity. You wish to sell it and are able to find someone to buy it from you. Not meaningfully different than getting it legitimately, no point discount
3. The person who you stole that stuff from knows you did it and has told the rest of the supernatural comunity. You cannot use it whatever it is so you wish to sell it, but are completely unable to find someone willing to buy stolen goods from you. The thing you have is not actually currency anymore, as nobody will exchange it for goods or services. You cannot use it nor sell it, so it is useless except as a story reason for why that group hates you. It doesn't any cost points at all
4. The person who you stole that stuff from knows you did it and has told the rest of the supernatural comunity. You can use it and are unable to find someone willing to buy stolen goods from you. The thing you have is not actually currency anymore, as nobody will exchange it for goods or services. It is only useful for it's practical value to you and is priced based on that rather than the goods/services you could theoretically exchange it for if it was possible to exchange it for goods and services.

Really the only things that could even theoretically be bought at character creation are supernatural black market stuff that gets you brutalized by large sections of supernatural society for owning, like levethian meat.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Hmm.... here's a good addon to the whole "owning magic stuff" isn't so good.

If anyone owns magic stuff, everyone wants to take it from you. Or kill you.

Magic is cursed with awesome.

The problem is that people will actually attack people carrying magic over anyone else. Always, and no exceptions. Ever. Magic seriously drives your enemies mad.

Your allies never seem to be affected, mostly b/c they've gotten used to the energy that your item is exuding, much in the same way that your Werewolf partner doesn't really give a shit that your a Troglodyte and must eat specific human body parts, like livers, and you don't care that she turns into a slavering monster one to three nights a month (depending on how you want to calculate full moons, it's either 1 or 3 nights).

A person can build up a tolerance to an other person owning and carrying a specific magic item. But it takes an hour or more, or the two people have to have been allies ahead of time and know that magic items drive people crazy (see: Lord of the Rings).

This would explain why the fuck magic items are always stored somewhere, isntead of always being used. Just bringing a magic item to a place where you will meet someone new is a liability. It will provoke people to attack you, and conversely your whole party.

You acually can't negotiate ever if teams are of remotely similar power, with anyone. If someone brought a magic item, then everyone that isn't on their team will gnerd rage at the person carrying the magic item. Turning a peace talks into a bloodbath.

That's why the vampire prince is fine having visitors enter his throne room. He's surrounded by his most powerful retainers, who also have magic swag. People that enter may haet the prince for holding his demon-sword at his hip, but they know that they'll be wtfpwned. Visitors obviously can't enter the room, or even palace, with magic.

It would also explain why entire witch cabals will work together on a single magic tome. Since they are all allies, they don't want to kill each other. However, the 'new' member is often the very same person that steals such items. Making the initiation process to the "inner cabal" a very long and ardous process.

How does that work?

============

Weapons
However I noticed that the original list of major weapons was Iron, Silver, and Fire. But considering how easy it is to summon and/or become immune to fire, that probably has to change. So after the iron sword and the silver bullet, the monster hunters need a third iconic weapon. Maybe wooden stakes (like Buffy)? Or shotguns filled with rock salt (like Supernatural)? Not sure.

So.... Iron swords, Silver Bullets....how about baseball bats? As in wooden weapons?

Why not all five though? Iron, Silver, Fire, Salt and Wood? or maybe they come in two types of "equipment" flavours?

Defensive, and Offensive? Defensive weapons can't actually harm an enemy, but they will often scare them. Fire works for this, Salt does too (it hems in supernaturals, and they can't cross lines of salt). When thrown at a supernatural, they suppress supernatural powers?

hmm... Fire, Salt and Alcohol as defensives (alcohol weakens werewolves, right?)

With iron, silver and wood as offensive weapons?

Vampires: Silver, Fire

Lycanthropes: Silver, Alcohol

Prometheans: Iron, Fire (Golems are the exception, Alcohol affects them? since it's a liquid, and they're often made of clay?)

Witches: Iron, Salt

Transhumans: Wood, Salt

Leviathans: Wood, Alcohol

Other creatures get their own weaknesses. Fey getting iron and fire seems appropriate; devils having silver and salt; undead having wood and alcohol (water?).

Again, thoughts would be appreciated.
Last edited by Judging__Eagle on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

JE wrote:How does that work?
Anything remotely similar to Predator's Taint rules can suck my taint.
So.... Iron swords, Silver Bullets....how about baseball bats? As in wooden weapons?
That works. Wooden Weapons are generally speaking easier to get and transport than iron ones though they generally do less damage to compensate. The guys who make out like bandits are the guys who re weak to silver, because that shit it expensive and esoteric.

But I'm cool with that.

-Username17
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

How do the Predator Taint rules work?

Edit: They're something from V:tM, and force people to fight all the time. Yeah, I get it. Personally, I like the idea that magic items cause strife. Perhaps carrying items in a container precludes this aggression? It would explain why so many magic items are placed in metal boxes!

I just want to get away from the D&D method of dealing with magic items, where people always have their penis extensions always plugged in for the most possible power.

Having the Get of Fenris carry his iron maul in a zipped shut gym bag in order to not alert lesser enemies is defintely something that does happen in stories.

Sometimes just drawing your boss-killing sword is a bad idea. Like, say your in your enemies capital, and you're there to assasinate them. While keeping it in your scabbard, and using a secondary (non-magical) weapon allows you to move without being as noticed.

Since forced aggression is the key problem, how about Magic items are obvious when wielded?

People around you will act accordingly to the wielding or drawing of such an item. Enemies will probably priotize you as a target. While allies will be encouraged, or uneasy. Depending if you draw a Silver Wolfsbane Sword among Lycanthropes; or a Golden Codex of Ahura Mazda among Witches.

Does "being obvious" work better when you draw a magic item out?
Last edited by Judging__Eagle on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Judging__Eagle wrote:How do the Predator Taint rules work?
When supernaturals meet for the first time they have to make control tests to avoid running around and/or stabbing each other. Basically it makes political intrigue fucking impossible because meetings between modest groups (like the PCs or authority groups) always end in violence. Four people making four checks each on both sides ends up with someone flipping out and biting people.

Normal stuff just can't force people to stab each other if a social game is to have meaning.

-Username17
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Clan symbols? I feel that the nWoD faction symbols are way too fucking complicated. Seriously:

What the fuck? I can't sketch that. And frankly, that makes it worthless. So how about the Daeva go with something a bit Aztec, but still simplistic. Something like this:

Thoughts?

-Username17
Bill Bisco: Isometric Imp
Knight

Post by Bill Bisco: Isometric Imp »

The Daeva's symbol is beautiful because the Daeva are beautiful. It goes with their theme.

Why is your inability to sketch it a bad thing?
Last edited by Bill Bisco: Isometric Imp on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Marches
"Real Sharpness Comes Without Effort"
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Bill Bisco: Isometric Imp wrote:The Daeva's symbol is beautiful because the Daeva are beautiful. It goes with their theme.

Why is your inability to sketch it is a bad thing?
The symbol is a piece of heraldry that goes on their stuff. Players will want to put it on their clothes and character sketches. If it's something that is sufficiently detailed that you need to photo-duplicate it to get a passable copy onto your character sheet, it really serves no heraldric purpose. It's just a piece of art in the the book - of no more ultimate notice than the sexy and mysterious lady who is the sample Gangrel character. The hyper complex clan symbols of nWoD are sometimes cool looking, and sometimes they are crappy looking. But they all are fucking useless because they are too numerous and too complex to be recognizable.

For example, name this symbol:

What the hell, right? It's so fiddly that not only could you not reproduce it successfully, you can't even figure out what symbol it is from any distance. If someone wears a clan pin, it should be obvious what clan that is. So a good symbol is the old Brujah symbol:
Another good one is the Architects of the Monolith:

-Username17
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Heraldry is simple. Very simple. That's the fucking point of heraldry. To be able to identify a knight who is covered completely in metal armour from a distance.

A Lion on a gold field. Yellow and blue in quadrants, easy to ID stuff.

Knight

Are Clan Symbols heraldry or are they more like a Coat of Arms or a Nation's Flag?
Black Marches
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Bill Bisco: Isometric Imp wrote:Are Clan Symbols heraldry or are they more like a Coat of Arms or a Nation's Flag?
They are more like sect identification symbols. You know:

Image Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

-Username17
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Bill Bisco: Isometric Imp wrote:Are Clan Symbols heraldry or are they more like a Coat of Arms or a Nation's Flag?
Bisco: The choices seem redundant to me. Maybe they were both present at the same time but a coat of arms & a nation's flag are around for the same purpose to represent who the group is. A Clan symbol is just the same on a smaller scale and maybe on a more clandestine scale?
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Knight

I guess my point was that I've seen very ornate Coats of Arms and National Flags, and Frank's contention was that the nWOD symbols were bad because they were hard to draw.

I'm simply curious if he considers certain Coats of Arms and National Flags bad as well.

Edit: It's just that these ornate "symbols" have been used are are still being used in history, and I haven't ever heard complaints about them.
Last edited by Bill Bisco: Isometric Imp on Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Marches
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

They're used, but they also tend to have simplified forms.

For some countries it's their colours, for others, a single symbol on a field, or a creature (the American's use a Bald Eagle for example; the British used to use a Lion).

If you have a complex form, you must have it's original form, and it must be simple enough that a child can draw it passabley.

They have to be like a gang symbol. "Dragon's Walk" is always going to be a snake, maybe breathing fire, and "Bull's Pizzle" is always going to be a stylized set of male genitals.

In Warhampster 40k, the Orks, Space Marines, Chaos Marines and the 4 chaos gods have symbols that work like this. They're simple, and recognizable. Even people who don't play Orks know what a Blood Axes or a Goffs symbol looks like (two crossed choppas, and a bull's horns, or horned skull).

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d183/ ... lyphs5.jpg

You can dress up, or detail a symbol all you want, but it needs to have a simplified version before it counts as a widely recognized symbol.

If not it's merely "some artist's" version of your gang's sign. Not a version that everyone can recognize.

.....all of my semiotics and symbolism in ID classes seem to be rushing back all at once. D:
Last edited by Judging__Eagle on Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vnonymous
Knight

Post by Vnonymous »

You don't actually need mechanics to govern the whole "People get edgy when you draw your magic sword."

When you're talking to the Werewolf clan, they are understandably going to be edgy when you pull out your magical silver sword of wolf-slaying, much like how ordinary people get edgy when you pull out your assault rifle of people slaying.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

One other question, who the hell is Robery Olmstead, and why is he a Leviathan? All I get is an author. Is there something I'm missing?

Edit: Vnonymous, the mechanic is that people notice a magic item is being wielded. Not just a sword, or dagger, but also a magic book... or like how in the more The Mummy movie, Imhotep automatically seemed to know were the bracelt worn by the little boy was. Probably b/c he sensed it's power being used.

That's I guess what I want, I want supernaturals to be able to sense magic items being used or wielded.
Last edited by Judging__Eagle on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Judging__Eagle wrote:One other question, who the hell is Robery Olmstead, and why is he a Leviathan? All I get is an author. Is there something I'm missing?
Robert Olmstead is the name of the main character in The Shadow Over Innsmouth.
Edit: Vnonymous, the mechanic is that people notice a magic item is being wielded. Not just a sword, or dagger, but also a magic book... or like how in the more The Mummy movie, Imhotep automatically seemed to know were the bracelt worn by the little boy was. Probably b/c he sensed it's power being used.

That's I guess what I want, I want supernaturals to be able to sense magic items being used or wielded.
Since magic is in general detectable by various mundane means based on source and plainly visible to people who have aura perception I don't really see a need for magic items to be additionally detectable. If you want to detect magic you should take the basic Auspex power that lets you detect magic.

-Username17
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Ah, perfect. That works.

Thanks for both answers actually. The ability I want is already a feature of the game, which is good for me.

CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Most magic items will break the masquerade when seen or used. These items are usually kept in locked boxes. You might need auspex to see that the hammer at someone's side belonged to Thor, but when it's in flight anyone can. The jewel of R'lyeh is glowing and creepy and looks like it's breathing (hey, a mac!) all the time.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

TavishArtair
Knight-Baron

Post by TavishArtair »

Bill Bisco: Isometric Imp wrote:I guess my point was that I've seen very ornate Coats of Arms and National Flags, and Frank's contention was that the nWOD symbols were bad because they were hard to draw.

I'm simply curious if he considers certain Coats of Arms and National Flags bad as well.

Edit: It's just that these ornate "symbols" have been used are are still being used in history, and I haven't ever heard complaints about them.
A lot of heraldry, actually, is just embellishment on a specific directive, and usually coats of arms that are overly complicated are for a specific individual and happened to be inherited. Noble houses in the peerages around the world had coats of arms that were often more basic at first, but became subsequently added to, and done up fancily. It would be equivalent, in this game, to someone pulling out all their sect and cult affiliations and constructing their personal sigil based on that.

As a general rule, I think, a good rule for factions is that your symbol should bear no more than one main device and possible an additional flourish.

It should be

Sable, an orle gules, a dragon vert knowed armed gules
(translated, a black field with a red border and a green dragon inside it)

at maximum, because that's something reproducible with a set of spray cans.

It should not be (with apologies to Duke Egerton)

ARMS:..Argent (silver), a lion rampant Gules
(red), between three pheons Sable (black).
CREST:..On a chapeau Gules (red), turned up
Ermine, a lion rampant of the first, supporting
an arrow erect Or (gold), headed and
feathered Argent (silver).
SUPPORTERS:..On the dexter side, a horse
Argent (silver), gorged with a ducal coronet Or
(gold); on the sinister, a griffin segreant
Argent (silver), gorged with a ducal coronet Or
(gold), beaked and legged of the last.
MOTTO:..SIC DONEC.

(translated: Eff thee.)
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

OK, several things. First is that I decided to go for the Devotions thing. It's essentially 28 bonus Advanced Disciplines that one could have. So I started writing those in:
Devotions

Devotions are special disciplines that you can only gain access to if you have two other disciplines. They are considered to be an Advanced discipline, but they have the requirement of you having a Basic discipline in two different discipline categories rather than one. A Devotion does not inherently allow a character to progress to any Elder disciplines. At least, it probably doesn't.
  • Adaptive Resilience (Auspex and Fortitude)
  • Betrayal of the Tongue (Dominate and Presence)
    An affected target cannot speak lies. They do not have to speak at all, but if they do, the complete truth as they understand it will pour forth from them on any subject they attempt to hold discourse upon.
  • Cleanse the Body (Fortitude and Presence)
    The character may spend power points to heal wounds of others.
  • Desire Reflection (Obfuscate and Presence)
  • Façade of Nonchalance (Dominate and Obfuscate)
    When activated, the façade prevents extras in the area from noticing that events going on around them are in any way out of the ordinary.
  • The Familiar Stranger (Celerity and Obfuscate)
    When active, the character appears to each onlooker as if they were someone the onlooker expected to see. This need not, and often will not be the same person for each onlooker.
  • Flesh Craft (Protean and Potence)
  • Flesh of Marble (Protean and Fortitude)
  • Flight (Celerity and Potence)
  • Gift of Sight (Auspex and Protean)
  • Instantaneous Transformation (Celerity and Protean)
  • Mask the Blood (Obfuscate and Protean)
    A character who can mask their blood may leave behind traces that fool forensics of science or thaumaturgy.
  • Purify the Mind (Dominate and Fortitude)
  • Steal Senses (Auspex and Obfuscate)

Obviously, that's only a bit more than a third mapped out. But it is procedurally generated, so it should fill up easily enough.

Secondly, I found that I needed to add an extra set of Sorcery disciplines, bringing the total to 15 Sorceries. Yeah, I just couldn't go on without having a Plant control power set. So the Dance of Thorns is a go. As such, for symmetry the Infernal and Orphic sorceries get an extra path as well. For the Infernal path it's easy: they get the Progress of Glass. It is a set of mirror magic powers, which now means that there is full parity for each branch of sorcery as regards Scrying (Eyes of Night, Dream Vision, and Distant Reflection) and Scouting (Compel Spirits, Eyes of the Beast, and Small Witness).

But I am hitting something of a wall. On the one hand, I am drawn to making a sorcerous discipline "Symphony of Silence" that grants stasis and ice powers. On the other hand, that's kind of like Temporis. And Temporis was very dumb. On the other hand, I could just bring in Chimerstry. Which is a very iconic form of magic - but Chimerstry was possibly even dumber than Temporis was.

Also, here are the Reborn. Noting of course that I haven't put in most of their flavor text. But hey, it kind of writes itself:

Transhumans: Point of No Return

Think before you decide, I tell you! Do you want to be left as you are, or do you want your eyes and your soul to be blasted by a sight that would stagger the devil himself?

Knowledge and power do not come without a price, especially in the World of Darkness. When one steps upon the path to power it is not long before the realization strikes that the person on that path is not the same person who took the first steps.

The Reborn: Second Chances and Second Guesses
Put your helmet on. I wouldn't want to scar your pretty face. Again.

Reincarnation totally happens in the World of Darkness. Not to everyone, not even to most people. But to some people. For whatever reason, only Luminaries can access past lives, and even then past lives only become accessible when they are exposed to great stress in the presence of magic.

A Reborn has an Orphic power source and a Continuous power schedule.
  • Reborn Starting Disciplines

- Core Discipline: Celerity -
  • Quickness (Basic Celerity)
  • Nimble Feet (Basic Celerity)

- Basic Disciplines -
  • Second Senses (Basic Auspex)
  • Summon Spirits (Basic Necromancy)
  • Awe (Basic Presence)
  • Shadow Play (Basic Obtenebration)

-Advanced Disciplines -
  • Quicken Sight (Advanced Celerity)
  • Spirit's Touch (Advanced Auspex)
Story Inspiration: She, The Mummy

-Username17
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

I’ve been thinking a bit about the Children of Aether – the example characters are the Invisible Man and Mr. Hyde, who don’t really have many obvious abilities in common. But, since most of the “super serum” experiments I’ve actually heard of in fiction (okay, the ones who’re Spider-man villains, but they fit the concept) usually result in physical prowess and regeneration – and we need to fill in a lot of spaces – I’m thinking the following:

Children of Aether: Experiments Gone Awry
There are things man was not meant to know. It is interesting that we repeatedly seek to know as much about these as possible.

Humanity’s greatest survival trait, indeed the one which has ensured our ascent to power, is a willingness to improve upon our environment –the closest environment being our own flesh and bones. The desire to gain greater abilities overwhelms all else sometimes, even personal ethics, self-preservation, and basic sanity.
The Children of Aether are born when a Luminary is subject to the (nominally successful) experiments of scientists and practitioners of medicine to improve the human form beyond what it already has – and usually, this Luminary is both subject and creator of the experiment. They rarely have any familiarity or experience with the supernatural beforehand, and simply stumble through the veil of normality by “accident”. The transformational event bestows efficiency and power on the human form and mind that brings it beyond mortal limitations, including impressive strength and will – at the cost of sanity and self.
  • Child of Aether Starting Disciplines

- Core Discipline: Celerity -
  • Quickness (Basic Celerity)

- Basic Disciplines –
  • Awe (Basic Presence)
  • Second Senses (Basic Auspex) or Hide From Notice (Basic Obfuscation)
  • Vigor (Basic Potence)
  • Revive the Flesh (Basic Fortitude)

-Advanced Disciplines –
  • Alacrity (Advanced Celerity)
  • Restoration (Advanced Fortitude)
Story Inspiration: Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde, The Invisible Man, Green Goblin

I'm... mostly hesitant to have Hide From Notice on there since invisibility seems like something that Griffin would just buy with his additional points, and not something you'd have on Hyde or the other however many people transformed by Mad Science!. Actually, is it Hide From Notice or Abyss of the Body that's the Nezumi's "you're invisible" power?
Last edited by Quantumboost on Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Frankly, Dr. Jekyll's signature power is being mistaken for someone else. And that's Obfuscation as well. Heck, appearing suddenly and appearing as an unrecognizable monster is the Green Goblin's deal as well. Far from being optional, Obfuscation should be the Children of Aether's signature power. So I'd do it more like this:

The Children of Ether:
There are things man was not meant to know. It is interesting that we repeatedly seek to know as much about these as possible.

Humanity’s greatest survival trait, indeed the one which has ensured our ascent to power, is a willingness to improve upon our environment – the closest environment being our own flesh and bones. The desire to gain greater abilities overwhelms all else sometimes, even personal ethics, self-preservation, and basic sanity. Man is first and foremost a tool using creature, but when he treats himself as a tool, is he still a man?

The Children of Aether are born when a Luminary is subject to the (nominally successful) experiments of scientists and practitioners of medicine to improve the human form beyond what it already has – and usually, this Luminary is both subject and creator of the experiment. They rarely have any familiarity or experience with the supernatural beforehand, and simply stumble through the veil of normality by “accident.” The transformational event bestows efficiency and power on the human form and mind that brings it beyond mortal limitations, including impressive strength and will – at the cost of sanity and self.

A Child of Ether has an Astral power source and a Ritual power schedule.
  • Child of Ether Starting Disciplines

- Core Discipline: Obfuscation -
  • Hide From Notice (Basic Obfuscation)
  • Mask of a Thousand Faces (Basic Obfuscation)

- Basic Disciplines -
  • Second Senses (Basic Auspex)
  • Vigor (Basic Potence)
  • Revive the Flesh (Basic Fortitude)

-Advanced Disciplines -
  • Touch of Shadow (Advanced Obfuscation)
  • Vanish From the Mind's Eye (Advanced Obfuscation)
Story Inspiration: The Invisible Man, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Norman Osbourne

-Username17