[Tome feat] Mystic Dilettante

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

Goldor
1st Level

Post by Goldor »

So people playing the game how they want, with a group that wants to play that way makes them stupid?

Guess your a fucking retard too then eh?

So you mistake what he says, act like a thirteen year old on xbox live that just lost a game of Halo when he tries (I don't know why he would bother) to say it closer to what you want... Because it's not exactly how you want it said and he didn't put every class in the game on his list? Yeah that makes sense.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Kaelik wrote: I think you are confused. I never asked for an example of someone being stupid, because I know that people are stupid.

I called him a liar because he was specifically attempting to deceive people by lying that Cheaters of Mystra are Tome level, and not way above that, and that the only two possible power levels are Cheater of Mystra with Leadership and Core Fighter.
How is the Cheater of Mystra way over Tome (without Leadership)?
Is my Optimizer-Fu really so bad?

Kaelik wrote:Which is completely untrue, because for example, the things that are weaker than Leadership but stronger than Core fighters include Every spellcasting class and every Tome class that anyone has ever played ever.
There a three Tome Base Classes who get an Leadership Feat. (the Barbarien one gives you an Cohort, the Marshall one can give you one, only the Soulborn one doesnt give you an Cohort).
The firest PRC in the Tome PDF, has as an Pre-Req. an Leadership feat.

So how can you say Leadership isn't in the Tome or to quote:
Kaelik wrote:You are lying when you imply that Tomes games create characters balanced at a Leadership and Cheater of Mystra level and that having those things in the game constitutes a Tome level game even though they very explicitly don't.
Kaelik wrote:So then he decided to amend his lie to be more of a lie, by claiming that the only possible power levels are Cheater of Mystra with Leadership, Core Fighter, and Commoner.
Incorrect, the Cheater is the Cohort. (In my example, which isnt even really relevant for the discussion).
Kaelik wrote:So yes, he's a fucking liar. He is flatly telling everyone in the universe that the Wizard class doesn't even exist.

That's fucking retarded. And you are fucking retarded for believing that his excluded middle fallacy is a legitimate argument.
I dont get, where I said that.
I said I like powerfull Chars (that includes Wizards, but I reserve playing Wizards for the time, where Tome isnt allowed), I dont like the Core fighter.
If the GM allows Leadership I take it, if I have a feat free (Hello Tome Fighter...)
If I GM myself, I would allow Leadership normally (maybe with a small group like 2 Players).
Last edited by Korwin on Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Korwin wrote:
Kaelik wrote: I think you are confused. I never asked for an example of someone being stupid, because I know that people are stupid.

I called him a liar because he was specifically attempting to deceive people by lying that Cheaters of Mystra are Tome level, and not way above that, and that the only two possible power levels are Cheater of Mystra with Leadership and Core Fighter.
How is the Cheater of Mystra way over Tome (without Leadership)?
Is my Optimizer-Fu really so bad?
I'm going to assume you're using the actual cheater of mystra build and not just a cleric that gets supernatural spell. Now, I'm about to use my own personal gaming experience, since this is easier than writing literally every buff in the entire game.

About a year back I played an incantatrix without expanding my spell list except for taking arcane disciple(war) from levels 12 through about level 16. I had the character running around all day as a glabrezu (which is a higher CR enemy than my character was at the time) using an antimagic field that I had sculpted to exclude myself. I literally killed every enemy ever by simply walking up and forcing it to get raped by grapple checks in an antimagic field (I was excluded from the area, not any squares).

I believe I took damage... once. Over four levels.

That build was *weaker* than the cheater of mystra and it singlehandedly allowed me to say at the start of every combat "I kill everything" and then explain to the DM that even rolling all 1s I would kill everything without taking damage.

How is that not Magic Tea Party? I didn't roll dice for four levels.

Remember, this is just a build *weaker* than the actual cheater of mystra.

So yes, you are a lying asshole when you pretend that there isn't a power level between leadership+cheater of mystra and a core fighter. Stop lying.
Last edited by ubernoob on Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

First: The Cheater of Mystra is in an AMF. And therefore, cannot be killed by any spell or SLA or supernatural ability.

The Cheater of Mystra Persists Delay Death, and Beastland Ferocity.

Cheater of Mystra can never die from anything ever, unless it is subject to enough Game Disjunctions in a row at high enough CL to remove the AMF.

You can literally just say "I go punch things in the face until they die." That's all you have to do. Because nothing can kill you.

(Technically speaking, various things can kill such a simple build, like drowning, and winning 30 billion successive grapple checks until the AMF wears off, assuming the Cheater never successfully casts a spell. But since things like Water Breathing and Freedom of Movement are readily available, that's not actually relevant. And those things only apply to Cheaters that don't actually use some kind of offense at all.)

Second: Do you fucking think that a Wizard without Leadership is even half as powerful as a Wizard with Leadership? Is that why you are so retarded?

Because seriously, the thing where you say "Leadership is okay in our games, because we like powerful characters, not Core Fighters" is so fucking dumb because by simple addition any and every class in the game is weaker than the same class with Leadership.

So if you play with Leadership, then Wizards have Leadership, so that's the lowest balance point you can go, and therefore, you can't fucking have a Wizard without leadership at the same power level.

On a power level scale, Core Fighters don't play in the same game as Wizards, and likewise any character at all without leadership might as well be a Core fighter if other people have Leadership.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

WTF ubernoob, where did I say there is no fucking power level between Core Fighter and Cheater + Leadership?

I think I clearly said, I like the Tomes because there I can have powerful classes (and implied, powerful without resorting to casterlevel classes. But apparently that was/is open to misunderstanding).

If you go back to my second post, I said if I wanted to play something weak I would take the Core fighter.

Learn to read, before acussing me of lying.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Korwin wrote:WTF ubernoob, where did I say there is no fucking power level between Core Fighter and Cheater + Leadership?

I think I clearly said, I like the Tomes because there I can have powerful classes (and implied, powerful without resorting to casterlevel classes. But apparently that was/is open to misunderstanding).

If you go back to my second post, I said if I wanted to play something weak I would take the Core fighter.

Learn to read, before acussing me of lying.
Korwin wrote:
Kaelik wrote: You are lying by setting up a false dichotomy of powerful characters and Core fighters, when in fact, those are not the only two possibilities.
I'll modify my statement:

Code: Select all

Otherwise we would play Core-Fighters [b]or Commoners or other underpowered stuff[/b]
That took me literally two seconds to find an example of you making a false dichotomy.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

So can someone post a cheater of mystra build just for shiggles?
Last edited by Cynic on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Cynic wrote:So can someone post a cheater of mystra build just for shiggles?
It's a cleric/prestige class that lets you turn spells into supernatural abilities (no components) with infinite wealth and infinite nightsticks (thus infinite miracles of every spell) and ever buff off of every class persisted (even ones that couldn't normally be persisted because of a couple metamagic tricks like ocular spell and shit via rods and shit).

Oh, and it can also cast and have it's spells work in antimagic fields.

That's it. Infinite spells per day off of every list with every buff spell off of every list persisted all the time.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Bumping for a good idea, gem hidden in shit.
Avor had some nice SLA feats on page 3 that were better self-contained options than the Tome spheres.
I wish this was expanded upon, and I that had read the concept for Feybook, but that's too late..

I've tried to do similar with my Fiend and Celestial classes (among others) but rather than feat-based it's tied to the classes, and took ubernoobs suggestion for "casting at sorcerer level -4" for them.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

How exactly would you like to see the SLA feats expanded upon? I could easily write more, but I haven't heard much interest in them in the past, so I generally put the current generation of Dilettante feats together as needed in my campaigns.

I glanced at the various outsider classes you posted recently, and they looked pretty rad. If I weren't a bit occupied with school stuff until the end of this quarter, I'd probably have left a comment on some of them. Particularly interested in the Transcend rules for alternate forms I saw on the celestial classes, but I haven't looked at the stats, so I can't really offer an opinion on how well it works.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Transcend is pretty much Alternate Form, but takes an hour to change. There were some exclusions to the abilities gained from a shape assumed since those are granted by class instead, so hopefully I have everything covered.

(EDIT: However, and I just remembered, Transcend also grants SLAs of the form.. which may or may not be strange according to "per day" recharge mechanics. Might have to throw it back to "you may change forms after a sleep period")

And actually, for your tiered SLA feats I'd love to see support for at-will SLA usage once a tier "expires", even to the point where the previous tier is at-will rather than per hour.
Last edited by JonSetanta on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

That shouldn't be too difficult a tweak. Since each feat picks out specific spells to grant, I can dodge the "infinite Time Stop" problem by avoiding problematic spells and refraining from turning specific ones into at-wills if that leads to undesirable spell usage.

Would you like to see an overall rewrite that presents my existing feats in a format that gives more at-wills, or do you want to see entirely new feats that follow specific themes?
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

I think you should make some new themes, but definitely start a new thread for it.

Follow your heart's desire for the themes but personally I'd like to see some remakes of the popular Cleric Domains such as Trickery and Travel.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

I have done some pondering and initial drafts. There should be a new thread up within the next few days. Currently going with a Trickery dilettante that also includes some enchantment effects, a wind magic dilettante with some general storm stuff and possibly immunity to weather effects, and something that blends self-buff spells with mediocre evocations for people who want to be fireball-tossing Fighters without it being overly good or bad. Anybody with specific suggestions for other castan feats is welcome to chime in.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

A new take on the Destruction domain, maybe.

I'd love to see your interpretation of "racial feats" like I attempted for the Feybook project, but it was rejected for being "too powerful".
For instance, elves get wood shape and treestride as well as other wood-related abilities (think green mana from Magic cards elves), while dwarves get metal-related abilities and stone-shaping. I think I did a troll and merfolk one as well as a few others.

Looking forward to it.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Here's some reposts from Feybook (I had to read many old DOCs to find them)
Given the option, I would do it all over again better, knowing what I do now years later. In fact, redoing Fey feats might be next, since I did most other Outsider progressions except Modrons, Demodands, and Rilmani.

Avor you may dice these up and redo them as you see fit. It's Open Source or whatever people call it.

EDIT: I think these feats worked by both adding the spells listed to any spellcasting class lists as well as supplying a 1/day SLA per spell. This was before I pursued the Tome and Warlock 5-level rank system.
FEY GOBLIN [Fey]

Prerequisite: Goblinoid, Fey
Benefit: The character is related to Fey Goblins, ancestors of the more common mortal Goblinoids. The character can now advance in the supernatural pursuit of theft and thriving off of the products of greater civilizations.
Gain Use Magic Device, Disable Device, and Sleight of Hand as class skills.
Level
1 Ghost Sound and Detect Magic
2 Knock
4 Locate Object
6 Spider Climb
8 Shatter
10 Dimension Door
12 Shrink Item (limit 1 item shrunk per 2 levels)
14 Analyze Dweomer
16 Shadow Walk
18 Discern Location
20 Freedom
Normal: Goblinoids are plain sword-bait and little walking bundles of experience points. Even bigger Goblinoids such as Hobgoblins and Bugbears can mass in large crowds but they still suck.

FEY ELF [Fey]

Prerequisite: Elf, Fey
Benefit: The character is related to Fey Elves (Sidhe), ancestors of the more common mortal Elves.
The character can now use innate arcane power to craft reality and shape surroundings for the purpose of pleasure, comfort, and evading detection from boring and pesky mortals.
Gain Spellcraft, Craft, and Heal as class skills.
Lose –2 Strength and gain +2 Intelligence; these do not stack with any other racial bonus or penalty.
Level
1 Detect Secret Doors (constant)
2 Whispering Wind and Jump
4 Wood Shape
6 Nondetection
8 Persistent Disguise Self
10 Fabricate
12 Sending
14 Tree Stride
16 Ironwood
18 Wall of Thorns
20 True Creation
Normal: Elves shoot bows and pretend to be something different from humans with pointy ears.
Special: When Grey Elves possess this feat, do not apply Fey Elf ability score adjustments.

FEY GNOME [Fey]

Prerequisite: Gnome, Fey
Benefit: The character is related to Fey Gnomes, ancestors of the more common mortal Gnomes. Various Fey Gnome types are sometimes known as Wee Folk, Knockers, Uldra, or Leprechauns.
The character can now use gifts of the wilds to protect both the land around and animals within as well as resculpt the terrain as they see fit.
Gain Survival, Alchemy and Handle Animal as class skills.
Default size is reduced to “Tiny”, one down from Small.
Level
1 Prestidigitation and Persistent Enlarge Person (self)
2 Detect Animals and Plants, and Hide From Animals
4 Speak With Animals
6 Invisibility
8 Animal Messenger
10 Summon Nature’s Ally 4 (animals and Fey only)
12 Commune With Nature
14 Statue
16 Animal Shapes
18 Awaken Animal
20 Wish (create nonmagical items, undo effects, remove injury/afflictions, and revive dead only)
Normal: Gnomes get really sucky Spell-Like Abilities and very few people want to play one. They are like Halflings without the cool combat bonuses.

FEY TROLL [Fey]

Prerequisite: Troll, Fey
Benefit: The character is the product of a long line of defeated Trolls in the Fey planes, known as Nemedians. They are various pale and dusky colors, soft-featured, with long floppy ears and a dragging tail.
The Nemedians were subjugated by Fomorians and forced to do labor until worked to death, causing mass genocide among the ancient Fey Troll populations; only the wisest, most clever, most cowardly, and most lucky survived.
The character uses ancient arts to remain hidden from ancestral enemies, to preserve their heritage, and to either advise or doom the new young races to their fates.
Lose Rend, –4 Strength and Constitution, and 1 Level Adjustment. Gain +2 Wisdom and Charisma, and +4 Intelligence, Cold and Earth Immunity. Regeneration is replaced with Fast Healing of same amount.
Gain Spellcraft, Knowledge (Any) and Sense Motive as class skills.
Level
1 Pass Without Trace
2 See Invisible
4 Cure Minor Wounds and Lesser Restoration
6 Clairvoyance and Detect Scrying
8 Scrying
10 Persistent Tree Shape
12 Dispel Magic and Cure Light Wounds
14 Legend Lore
16 Extended Stoneskin
18 Foresight and Greater Scrying
20 Slay Living and Resurrection
Normal: Trolls, whether found in caves, forests, or in closets, exist only as obnoxious regenerating bags of experience points.

FEY MERFOLK [Fey]

Prerequisite: Merfolk, Fey
Benefit: The character belongs to a successful and common Fey race of aquatic humanoids. These beings, resembling half-elves with shining fish bodies from the waist down, are as unpredictable and wild as other land-dwelling Fey.
The proliferation of Fey Merfolk can be mostly traced to a lack of many dangerous aquatic monsters in Fey worlds, allowing the somewhat fragile race some measure of peace from more aggressive oceanic humanoids.
Other names for Fey Merfolk are Nereids, River Gods, and Merrow.
Lose –2 Strength, –10 Swim speed and 1 Level Adjustment.
Gain Swim, Spot and Listen as class skills
Level
1 Hide From Animals
2 Charm Animal
4 Persistant Alter Self (to change tail into legs only, can not disguise)
6 Water Breathing and Charm Person
8 Dominate Animal
10 Control Water
12 Telekinesis
14 Charm Monster
16 Telekinetic Sphere (made of water, 10 HP per square inch, no hardness)
18 Control Weather (as if Druid)
20 Mass Charm Monster
Normal: Merfolk are tasty snacks for big sea monsters. They are pretty much humans with a fish suit on and stink like fish.
And here's some draft notes;
Wildbound - the Fey gains animal characteristics and behaviors (can speak with their selected animal type), as well as Change Shape ability at first (to their animal totem or w/e, see SRD for the ability)... as they level up and/or gain Fey HD, the animal connection improves granting more animal shapes, and ultimately bigger forms (Dire?)

Treebound - Fey with this feat take on the role of Dryads as protectors of the forest, gain Tree Shape and Wood Shape etc, but eventually lean more toward emulating Treants with an Alternate Form, also get

Waterbound - for duplicating Merfolk, Nixies, Nymphs, and so on. grants swimming, water breathing/amphibiousness along with 2 forms (land form, water form), and finally not only the ability to grant similar traits to others for a period of time (a day?) they also gain some control over water and elemental trait

Stonebound - begins with the dwarf stonesense or w/e it's called, then Stone Shape, Stone Tell, that spell that lets you sink into stone, and finally the highly coveted Earthglide (like a Xorn) or maybe just burrow speed... yes now we can have totally awesome Trolls, Kobolds and Gnomes, maybe Dwarves too

Wee One (for lack of better name) - gain powers of the various Sprites, Grigs, Pixies, and such. also get a size change around level 5-6 or so to size Small (if smaller) or Medium (if small) like Una in the movie Legend. i'll try to tie it in with a tiny base race that I have yet to make, but it'll be a PC-playable rules-balanced version and of the baaa-roken Pixie as it is now.

Size-changer - some scaling ability to increase or decrease size with level, maybe just one or the other, i haven't decided yet

Peoplebound - OK I'm at a loss for names right now, so sue me :P, but this feat is for Fey that blend in with mortals. it'll start with Disguise, then something similar to Succubus shape changing, then similar related deception abilities... mostly for city-dwelling Fey

Blinker - teleporting abilities... a short hop spell at first, then Dimension Door, then Teleport, Greater Teleport, Planeshift. fills in the gap where Fey are pretty much stuck in one place unless they use spellcasting, items, gates, or crossroads to travel. also evens the disparity between Outsiders and Fey, power-wise.

Glamerer - illusion powers, maybe a nice variety.. mostly the iconic Illusion school stuff, like getting chunks of a Wizard with a single feat. don't worry, nothing offensive or powerful, just deceptive, which means it'll be nice for NPCs and creative players but not for many.

Charmer - this'll be a whopper. this feat will take on the herculean task of emulating the smexyness of Nymphs. HOWEVER... IMHO the permanent blindness and death crap has got to be nerfed. i plan on something more like an option of blindness as if a bright light shining in the eyes (dazed?), but also some gaze-attack Charm powers. Suggestions, etc. encounters with this kind of Fey will be dangerous, but not in a way that kills instantly (who the hell thought that was a good idea?)
no, it'll be more like ... "ahhh holy crap you're so beautiful! i could never hurt you! what? kill my friend? uh... OK!"

Galliard:
Hearthbound?
Mortalbound?
Folkbound?

Oh, and how about one for creepy, Halloween-ish types...'Gravebound'

As you may have gathered, all of these feats will improve with character level, caster level, or Fey Hit Dice (I haven't decided which, maybe it'll vary)
This may seem like a radical concept, but it's something I picked up over on The Gaming Den in the last month.
I love the idea, and it makes every feat totally worth taking at any level.
Hope ya'll are OK with such a concept, and maybe even try it out yourselves, but it's OK if you don't too.
Last edited by JonSetanta on Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Midnight_v
Knight-Baron

Post by Midnight_v »

Its seems to me that this feat would be better suited to simple allowing aspects to spheres.
Its a no muss no fuss solution.
Its also much more balanced as it doesn't make anyone get the small balls when you use it.
There's no real reason to do more there really. I note that you basically made a feat that recreats the hexblade too... thats interesting.
You can play a fighter with the "Cursemaker" or whatever you called it, and that class is now just a feat tree.
Still yeah... fitting it to the Flavor you suggested would be more like you have a sphere you get access to higher levels of it via your ranks in spellcraft. Meh. Its a pass time.
Don't hate the world you see, create the world you want....
Dear Midnight, you have actually made me sad. I took a day off of posting yesterday because of actual sadness you made me feel in my heart for you.
...If only you'd have stopped forever...
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Entire class roles could be duplicated with this setup. It's almost like 4e cross-class feats but better.
For Valor
Knight-Baron

Post by For Valor »

Yeah... if you just burned feats on spheres (which I totally would do), you could basically be double-classed as an expert conduit//your real class by level 5. Of course, Frank DID want feats > class features, but this just seems like a bad idea.

On the other hand, I know I want feats with magicky magicks in them. So what do?

I think that, at their best, these feats should provide a set of limited but occasionally useful SLAs that would scale. Then, it'd also be nice to have a set of Su/Sp/Ps feats that give some sort of useful offensive (1/4 rnds) ability.
Mask wrote:And for the love of all that is good and unholy, just get a fucking hippogrif mount and pretend its a flying worg.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Feats should just give Basic Access to a Sphere, and only basic access, and be limited to one at most.

Or you know, just stop trying to give casting in a feat.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Kaelik wrote: Or you know, just stop trying to give casting in a feat.
Never.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Kaelik wrote: Or you know, just stop trying to give casting in a feat.
That's like asking me to stop trolling my players with singing boss monsters. Like Sigma says, Never.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Last edited by JonSetanta on Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Arcane Pilferer
May not be Lawful.
Effect: Detect Magic and Detect Gems (Red Dragon) 3/day
Sleight of Hand rank 4: Floating Disk, Magic Aura, Obscuring Mist, and Identify 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Sleight of Hand rank 9: Shrink Item, Spider Climb, and Locate Object 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Sleight of Hand rank 14: Secret Chest, Passwall, and Rope Trick 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Sleight of Hand rank 19: Phase Door and Analyze Dweomer 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.

Arcane Trapmaster
Effect: Detect Snares and Pits, and Detect Secret Doors 3/day
Disable Device rank 4: Phantom Trap, Create Trap (CR 1 trap), Knock, and Mage Hand 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Disable Device rank 9: Find Traps, Snare, Fire Trap, and Dispel Magic 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Disable Device rank 14: Spike Stones, Telekinesis, and Arcane Eye 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Disable Device rank 19: Trap the Soul and Greater Dispel Magic 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.

Runemage
Must be literate.
Effect: Read Magic and Arcane Mark 3/day.
Decipher Script rank 4: Erase, Alarm, and Mage Armor 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Decipher Script rank 9: Secret Page, Explosive Runes, Glyph of Warding, and Sepia Snake Sigil 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Decipher Script rank 14: Greater Glyph of Warding, Symbol of Fear, Symbol of Persuasion, Symbol of Sleep, and Symbol of Pain 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Decipher Script rank 19: Symbol of Death, Symbol of Stunning and Symbol of Weakness 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.

Holy Warrior
Must be Good.
Effect: Detect Evil 3/day
BAB 1: Protection from Evil, Divine Weapon, and Shield of Faith 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
BAB 6: Zone of Truth, Remove Disease, Magic Circle Against Evil, and Align Weapon 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
BAB 11: Holy Smite, Holy Sword, and Dispel Evil 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
BAB 16: Holy Word and Holy Aura 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.

Unholy Warrior
Must be Evil.
Effect: Detect Good 3/day
BAB 1: Protection from Good, Divine Weapon, and Shield of Faith 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
BAB 6: Contagion, Magic Circle Against Good, and Align Weapon 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
BAB 11: Unholy Blight, Unholy Sword, and Dispel Good 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
BAB 16: Blasphemy and Unholy Aura 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.

Healer
May not be Evil.
Effect: Purify Food and Drink, and Cure Light Wounds 3/day
Heal rank 4: Cure Moderate Wounds, Remove Blindness/Deafness, Remove Paralysis, and Remove Fear 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Heal rank 9: Cure Serious Wounds, Neutralize Poison, Remove Disease, and Lesser Restoration 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Heal rank 14: Mass Cure Light Wounds, Heal, and Restoration 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Heal rank 19: Mass Cure Critical Wounds, Regenerate, and Greater Restoration 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.

Medium
May not be Undead.
Effect: Disrupt Undead and Detect Undead 3/day.
Perform rank 4: Hide From Undead, Halt Undead, and Unseen Servant 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Perform rank 9: Remove Curse, Augury, and Speak with Dead 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Perform rank 14: Break Enchantment, Raise Dead, Disrupting Weapon, and Death Ward 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Perform rank 19: Commune, Resurrection, and Undeath to Death 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.

Greenbond
Effect: Detect Plants 3/day.
Survival rank 4: Entangle, Barkskin, and Speak With Plants 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Survival rank 9: Warp Wood, Wood Shape, and Tree Shape 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Survival rank 14: Command Plants, Tree Stride, and Commune With Nature 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Survival rank 19: Oak Body, Transport Via Plants, and Animate Plants 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.

Beast Tamer
Effect: Speak With Animals 3/day.
Handle Animal rank 4: Charm Animal, Calm Animals, and Hide From Animals 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Handle Animal rank 9: Animal Messenger, Hold Animal, and Reduce Animal 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Handle Animal rank 14: Animal Growth, Awaken (animals), and Dominate Animal 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Handle Animal rank 19: Animal Shapes and Antilife Shell 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.

Deathmaster
May not be Good.
Effect: Deathwatch 3/day.
Knowledge (Religion) rank 4: Death Knell, Gentle Repose, and Undead Minions* 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Knowledge (Religion) rank 9: Animate Dead, Command Undead, and Desecrate 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Knowledge (Religion) rank 14: Slay Living, Create Undead, and Circle of Death 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Knowledge (Religion) rank 19: Create Greater Undead, Control Undead, and Finger of Death 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
* New spell, see below

Fearmonger
Effect: Inflict Light Wounds 3/day.
Intimidate rank 4: Inflict Moderate Wounds, Cause Fear, and Darkness 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Intimidate rank 9: Inflict Serious Wounds, Scare, and Deeper Darkness 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Intimidate rank 14: Mass Inflict Light Wounds, Harm, and Fear 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Intimidate rank 19: Mass Inflict Critical Wounds and Horrid Wilting 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.

Arcane Smith
Effect: Repair Light Damage* and Mending 3/day. Item Creation (Artificer*)
Use Magic Device or Craft rank 4: Repair Moderate Damage*, Make Whole, Magic Weapon, and Magic Vestment 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Use Magic Device or Craft rank 9: Repair Serious Damage*, Heat Metal, Chill Metal, Greater Magic Weapon, and Minor Creation 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Use Magic Device or Craft rank 14: Repair Critical Damage*, Wall of Iron, Fabricate, and Major Creation 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Use Magic Device or Craft rank 19: Refuge, Teleport Object, and Polymorph Any Object (objects only) 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
* Eberron Campaign Setting

Master of Comfort
Effect: Detect Poison and Create Water 3/day.
Profession rank 4: Comprehend Languages, Mount, Arcane Lock, and Sanctuary 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Profession rank 9: Phantom Steed, Tiny Hut, Tongues, and Create Food and Water 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Profession rank 14: Secure Shelter, Discern Lies, Word of Recall, and Heroes' Feast 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Profession rank 19: Mage's Magnificent Mansion, Simulacrum, and Plane Shift 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.

Somnomancer
Effect: Lullaby and Touch of Fatigue 3/day.
Autohypnosis rank 4: Sleep, Calm Emotions, and Hypnotism 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Autohypnosis rank 9: Silence, Deep Slumber, and Ray of Exhaustion 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Autohypnosis rank 14: Mind Fog, Dream, Nightmare, and Waves of Fatigue 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Autohypnosis rank 19: Waves of Exhaustion and Temporal Stasis 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.

Chatmage
Effect: Message 3/day.
Diplomacy rank 4: Status, Empathy (Psionic), Missive (Psionic), and Mindlink (Psionic) 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Diplomacy rank 9: Mass Missive (Psionic), Sending, Detect Thoughts, and Tongues 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Diplomacy rank 14: Remote Viewing (Psionic), Telepathic Bond, Shout, and Correspond (Psionic) 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Diplomacy rank 19: Screen, Greater Shout, and Discern Location 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.

Sage
May not be Chaotic.
Effect: Guidance 3/day.
Sense Motive rank 4: Clairvoyant Sense (Psionic), See Invisibility, and Augury 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Sense Motive rank 9: Divination, Scrying, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, and Detect Scrying 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Sense Motive rank 14: True Seeing, Contact Another Plane, Find the Path, and Legend Lore 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Sense Motive rank 19: Moment of Prescience, Vision, and Greater Scrying 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.

Arcane Spy
Effect: Disguise Self and Ghost Sound 3/day.
Disguise rank 4: Undetectable Alignment, Grease, and Ventriloquism 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Disguise rank 9: Nondetection, Invisibility, Invisibility Sphere, and Illusory Script 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Disguise rank 14: Seeming, Greater Invisibility, and Mislead 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Disguise rank 19: Veil, Mass Invisibility, Sequester, and Mind Blank 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.

Umbramancer
Effect: Chill Touch 3/day.
Hide rank 4: Darkness, Control Shadow (Psionic), Silent Image, and Entropic Shield 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Hide rank 9: Deeper Darkness, Spectral Hand, and Displacement 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Hide rank 14: Shadow Conjuration, Shadow Evocation, and Shadow Walk 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.
Hide rank 19: Greater Shadow Conjuration, Greater Shadow Evocation, Shadow Body (Psionic), and Project Image 3/day. Previous abilities become at-will.

Spells

Undead Minions
Necromancy [Evil], Conjuration (Summoning) [Evil]
Level 1 Arcane or Divine spell
Verbal, Somatic
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close
Target: 1 Extraplanar Undead minion + 1 minion per 5 levels after the first
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Save: None
Spell Resistance: N/A
Simple undead creatures from the lower planes heed the call and each rise forth from any flat surfaces within range. These flayed zombies are Extraplanar yet completely within control of the summoner, and when the duration expires they fade back to their home plane.
They may take action in the same round that the spell is cast, and do not count towards your 4 HD per caster level limit of controlling Undead (see Animate Dead spell).
A total amount of Hit Dice worth of zombies may be summoned equal to twice your caster level.

Example: A level 1 caster may summon a single humanoid zombie (see MM), while a level 3 caster may summon either a single bugbear zombie or two humanoid zombies, since the latter caster is limited by both 2 HD per caster level AND the maximum amount of 2 zombies summoned at a time. A caster level 11 character might summon 3 humanoid zombies with 22 HD split between them, 1 bugbear zombie and 2 humanoid zombies, or a single wyvern zombie, among other variations within limit.
Last edited by JonSetanta on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

There should probably be restrictions on how many times a spell progression feat may be taken per character, like 1 and +1 per 5 levels.
So at or after levels 1, 6, 11, and 16 a character could grab one.

The tag [Spellcaster] or [Spell] could be appended, and an inherent restriction applied.