Pretty Soldier Sailor Luna: Online OWoD interest scout

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

can't be arsed to look right now, RoBinding is the talen one, right? If so, that's all fine. You'll want to remember The Curse, the fact that people will think you're a rage freak if your rage is highest, not that it's a particular problem for you.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Prak_Anima wrote:can't be arsed to look right now, RoBinding is the talen one, right? If so, that's all fine. You'll want to remember The Curse, the fact that people will think you're a rage freak if your rage is highest, not that it's a particular problem for you.
Yeah, Rite of Binding can be used to make talens, as well as making spirits do what you want. As for The Curse, my Willpower and my Gnosis are both higher than my Rage, so I should be fine, and I don't plan on increasing or really caring about my rage. If shit gets to the point where I need to go Crinos, I'm probably screwed anyways.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yeah, just making sure you didn't mean the rite that allows full on fetish creation. Yeah, not a problem.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Oh, I thought it was going to be forum-based. Okay... I work 4 days a week (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri), from 10 AM to 3:15 PM (it's currently 2:50 PM for reference). Wednesdays I'm running a game for "some amount of time" (it's close to wrapping up). Some Sundays I'm playing a game, depending on DM work schedule.

So that leaves me available... Wednesdays (near future), all evenings (assuming it doesn't go too late), and Saturdays. Going by UTC + 9:30.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Ok, would Saturdays 10:30am- ~3:30pm work for you Koumei? That's Friday 5-10pm for me (US Pacific Coast)

Time Zone spreadsheet I worked up a while ago.
Last edited by Prak on Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

My schedule is fairly wide open and that time would work for me.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Works great for me. What tech are we using for the game?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Cham asked about roll20, and I'm willing to give it a shot, since it does seem to be fairly elegant.

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

That timeslot works for me, yeah.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

I'm good with Friday 5-10 Pacific.

I forgot to mention, but Michael's was turned at the age of 13, at which point he also dropped out of school for two years while he was freaking out from trauma and getting acclimated to being his Sire's underling. So now his Sire has arranged to have his identity rejiggered so that it appears as though he's a thirteen year old who's skipped a grade rather than a fifteen year old who dropped out for a while.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Ok, so that's three freshmen so far, right?

Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Since at least three characters of the group are into singing, can our "pack" totem be Calliope, Muse of Voice? (Infinite Tapestry p. 71)

A Euterpe is fine too.
Last edited by Quantumboost on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Quantumboost wrote:Since at least three characters of the group are into singing, can our "pack" totem be Calliope, Muse of Voice? (Infinite Tapestry p. 71)

A Euterpe is fine too.
"Man, that's so beautiful. If you think about it, it's almost like when you sing, the entire world is singing along with you. So, maybe, like, if our totem is, like, song, then we'll have the entire world on our side, man!"

Should I turn down the douchebag?
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

We're basically playing Sailor Moon in oWoD, I don't see how you stating Idol Singer shoujo submemes is in any way douchebaggy.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Oh, certainly possible, though those aren't really meant to be "totems" I'll allow it if you guys petition her in game.

Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Cool, that's about what I was thinking (to the Bibliotheque!). Not like the characters even know each other, aside from the whole Angel Wars thing.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Unless there's an issue I want to change my nature & demeanor from caregiver/competitor to survivor/perfectionist and my attributes from this:

Attributes:
Strength***Intelligence*Charisma**
Dexterity***Wits****Manipulation*****
Stamina**Perception*Appearance***

Specialties: Convincing, Quick Thinker

To this:

To this: Attributes:
Strength***Intelligence*Charisma*
Dexterity****Wits****Manipulation*****
Stamina*Perception*Appearance****

Specialties: Lightning Reflexes, Intuitive, Conniving, Graceful

I had my stats the old way before mostly because I felt kinda lame taking 4 ones in a system with wonky exchange rates but the more I think about it the more I really want my character to be a smug snake with bishie sparkles.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'm a bit leery of a character starting with a 5, and the survivor archetype (I survived the session!, do I get willpower?) but I'll allow them, and see how it shakes out.

Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

(I survived the session!, do I get willpower?)
That's a fair worry, so I'll change the sheet but with Martyr instead Survivor. Taking on burdens and danger for the sake of others is more restrictive and it still represents a willingness to play out a bad hand, which is all I was really going for fluff wise.
Last edited by Whipstitch on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Quantumboost wrote:We're basically playing Sailor Moon in oWoD, I don't see how you stating Idol Singer shoujo submemes is in any way douchebaggy.
I meant douchebaggy in terms of stereoptyical drugged-out hippie "let's like all be friends man" stuff, but I have no idea what those words mean. I've never watched sailor moon or anything even like it ever- the closest I've come is watching a few episodes of Naruto and Bleach a few years ago.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Huh, these archetype things are pretty cool. Is it okay if I take the Caregiver archetype?
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Korgan0 wrote:I have no idea what those words mean
Idol Singer: what happens when you take a cuteness-focused culture and start recruiting preteen or teenage girls as singers. Doesn't necessarily require actual skill so much as being atrociously saccharine. Also a popular character type in large-cast manga and wish fulfillment series.
Shoujo = "young girl", referring to the usual target audience for aforementioned media.
Meme: an idea, esp. one that is highly infectious.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

The big take away is that manga aimed at young people tends to veer into comedic levels of earnestness pretty much by default. There is seriously a manga series about a young man attempting to master baking in order to create a bread that truly represents Japan. Wikipedia describes one of the major characters like this:
A master of the katana who claims to have left the swordsman path of destruction to follow the path of life-giving bread. Despite that, he often becomes very warrior-like and fearsome during baking competitions, which occasionally makes other characters wonder if he is truly focused on the 'life-giving' aspect of his bread.
I'm well lubricated due to a few shots of whiskey right now and I still couldn't have made that up if I tried. Trust me, an outsized hippie stereotype fits right in just fine.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Korgan0 wrote:Huh, these archetype things are pretty cool. Is it okay if I take the Caregiver archetype?
Yeah. make sure you have both a Nature and Demeanor.

Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Quantumboost wrote:
Korgan0 wrote:I have no idea what those words mean
Idol Singer: what happens when you take a cuteness-focused culture and start recruiting preteen or teenage girls as singers. Doesn't necessarily require actual skill so much as being atrociously saccharine. Also a popular character type in large-cast manga and wish fulfillment series.
Shoujo = "young girl", referring to the usual target audience for aforementioned media.
Meme: an idea, esp. one that is highly infectious.
Okay, thanks. I knew what a meme was, but that helped.
Whipstitch wrote:The big take away is that manga aimed at young people tends to veer into comedic levels of earnestness pretty much by default. There is seriously a manga series about a young man attempting to master baking in order to create a bread that truly represents Japan. Wikipedia describes one of the major characters like this:
A master of the katana who claims to have left the swordsman path of destruction to follow the path of life-giving bread. Despite that, he often becomes very warrior-like and fearsome during baking competitions, which occasionally makes other characters wonder if he is truly focused on the 'life-giving' aspect of his bread.
I'm well lubricated due to a few shots of whiskey right now and I still couldn't have made that up if I tried. Trust me, an outsized hippie stereotype fits right in just fine.
That's good, although I don't think "hippie werewolf" comes anywhere near close to that.