Annoying Questions I'd Like Answered...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Because my DM is a restrictive dick. It's hard enough getting him to allow non-core books because he "doesn't have the time" them and pretty much only has the core books.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

why does it need to be a halfling, or why does it need to be a ...crap new page... advance by HD?

pokemon have stages if i remember years back.

D&D dragons had stages of growth that vary on HD.

you would need to design a halfling based on that or use the halfling monster version as far as i could tell.

using dragon HD stages would be core, and just have this pokeling level as such i guess?

that is the best i can think of that would work with core D&D, while giving the appearance of a pokemon stages.

quarterling: 1/2HD
halfling: 1HD
fullling: 2HD
doubeling: 4HD

bad names, but you get the idea....
Play the game, not the rules.
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
good read (Note to self Maxus sucks a barrel of cocks.)
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I want it to be a halfling because I think it'd be funny. Basically I want a "oppressed little person who I've captured in my ball(s) and force to walk into possibly trapped doorways, because we don't have a rogue and he can regenerate after being smashed to pieces." It needs to advance by HD because only creatures that do so are considered pokemon:
Frank's Pokemaster Class wrote:Pokémon: A Pokémon is any Aberration, Beast, Dragon, Elemental, Magical Beast, Ooze, Outsider, Plant, Shapeshifter, or Vermin which advances by "Hit Dice" rather than "By Character Class."
And it needs to be a humanoid, if not a halfling, so that I can apply the Curst (Monsters of Fearun) template and give it regeneration.

As for the growth stages, not all pokemon have them, and Frank's Pokemaster class can make anything "evolve" by giving it templates.
Last edited by Prak on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

did 3.x remove hit dice? all PC races are also monster races, so should have hit dice. just figure out how they advance.

i seems that clas is meant ot prevent capturing PC races so a pokeball cant be used on townsfolk to jsut completely screw em over, but if you accept the halfling also counts as a "monster" race, you should be able to use its hit dice...
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

You can capture things that advance through class or hit die, but not things that only advance through class.

No, 3.X didn't remove HD, just most humanoids don't gain HD, but rather class levels. Most PC races are in the Monster Manual, but don't advance by HD.

So basically, here's what I'm looking for:
Small
CR 1 or less humanoid or CR 2 or less regenerator
Advances by Hit Die
Preferably humanoid shaped, with hands, and able to be a good target for slapstick.
Last edited by Prak on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

http://monsterfinder.dndrunde.de/result ... 982&skip=0
Gnome, Fire

Small humanoid(extraplanar)

Hit Dice: 1

Alignment: NG

Environment: Any

Home plane: Bytopia, Elemental Fire

Challenge Rating: 1

Found in Planar Handbook, page 125
Lizardfolk, Poison Dusk, 1st-level Ranger

Small humanoid(reptilian)

Alignment: N

Environment: Temperate Marshes

Home plane: Material

Found in Monster Manual III, page 97
Forestkith Goblin, 1st-level Barbarian

Small humanoid(goblinoid)

Alignment: CE

Environment: Temperate Forests

Home plane: Material

Found in Monster Manual III, page 65
if none of those help, maybe the monster finder itself will.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Sadly, no. Oh well, thanks.

echoVanguard
Knight-Baron

Post by echoVanguard »

I don't quite remember if Jerren advance by class or by HD, but you might try that. Mongrelfolk and meenlocks are also an option.

echo
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Jerren, being just weird halflings, advance by class, Mongrelfolk also advance by class, and meenlocks are aberrations.

Is there any template with a low CR modifier that will change the advancement method so that something can advance by HD?

Edit: I've figured it out:
Jerren>Zombie>Unkillable Zombie (LM, 173, gives Fast Healing)>Corrupted (BoVD, since apparently Undead can't be Pokemon until you're epic). +House Rule from DM that zombies can advance by HD, always (which is how it should be, I'd think) +Ignore Savage Species type pyramid bullshit.
Last edited by Prak on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So, last week, my friend and I were going to go catch a movie, and he had me drive his car because he was high. In talking about something that started to get me irritated I wasn't paying enough attention to the curb of a parking spot, and drove his bumper right over it. In backing up to get it off the curb, it hooked the bumper and pulled it down. Now it's causing him trouble when he pulls into his sloped driveway, scraping and pissing him off and such.

How much is it likely to cost to fix it, and how do I get him to shut the fuck up and calm down because that shit happens to everyone who drives a car that's low to the ground like his (Honda Civic)?
Last edited by Prak on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

It depends what's wrong. Sounds like a borked clip.

A clip is only a couple of dollars, but you could have torn a hole in the bit where the clip goes in the bumper.
In the past I've fixed a bumper with an industrial strength zip tie and a drill.
Most recently, it cost me a great deal more ($250 From memory) to have an undertray replaced on a european car.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yeah... I thought about suggesting he just fix it himself, but someone who gets that pissed about scraping the bottom of his bumper... no.

Neeeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeeek »

Blasted wrote: Most recently, it cost me a great deal more ($250 From memory) to have an undertray replaced on a european car.
My mechanic told me that replacing the plastic undertray of my car would cost like $400(in parts). He also told me not to do it, because that's fucking ridiculous.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Prak_Anima wrote: Edit: I've figured it out:
Jerren>Zombie>Unkillable Zombie (LM, 173, gives Fast Healing)>Corrupted (BoVD, since apparently Undead can't be Pokemon until you're epic). +House Rule from DM that zombies can advance by HD, always (which is how it should be, I'd think) +Ignore Savage Species type pyramid bullshit.
What is the creature type once that's all said an done? I'm assuming Corrupted makes it not undead?
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

People who get high have no right to complain about anything they make other people do . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

RobbyPants wrote:
Prak_Anima wrote: Edit: I've figured it out:
What is the creature type once that's all said an done? I'm assuming Corrupted makes it not undead?
Corrupted makes it an aberration if you don't follow Savage Species rules, which says that nothing can change an undead into something else.
Stahleele wrote:People who get high have no right to complain about anything they make other people do . .
This is my general feeling. Also that no one should get that fucking pissed over the underside of their bumper getting a little fucked up. That's like those dumbasses who waste their money on every single pair of Jordans, and get pissed when some dust gets on them.

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Again with my apparently archaic etiquette... If you damage or break something that belongs to someone else, it is your responsibility to find a way to return it to at least its previous condition.

This means that when your husband knocks a shelf full of expensive glasses off the wall, you buy them new stemware. You can bitch all you want about how the shelf wouldn't have fallen if they'd screwed it properly to the braces it was resting on. You are free to find a discount outlet and pay as little as possible for the replacements. You are free to give them cash instead of buying anything. But if you break it, you [try to] fix it.

Likewise, if you damage the bumper of your friend's car in such a way that now it scrapes the ground every time he pulls into and out of his driveway, you make it stop. It doesn't matter if he was high or not - you got behind the wheel of someone else's car and your driving caused damage. Preventing damage to himself and his car was [probably] the exact reason why he asked you to drive to begin with.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

My es wife wouldn't speak to me for a week and "cut me off" for nearly a month one time because I made the decision to share insurance information with a guy whose parked car I hit.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

Maj I was always taught that if you want to keep something "safe" from "accidents" of any sort, you put them up away from where they could befall those accidents.

dollar value has no bearing on it, nor should you expect someone else to replace your prize collectible, because you let them near it.

if it was done maliciously, then restitution should be paid. if you knew something might happen to it and still "set out the good china while the kids were running around"...its your own damn fault.

when helping a shop once a guy got himself a brand new hoodie, and after working with some paper mache with food coloring, he had wet globs of red flour all over it and expected to be repaid for it. arguments started and nearly a fight with this 18 year old punk. his mother arrived to pick him up and he tried to have her collect the money and he learned REAL quick when she said "you chose to spend $60 on that thing and it was yours to spend. next time maybe you will be smart enough to not wearing it while working on something that could get it ruined."

those people that set out to be neglectful of their own action and expect others to pay for stuff because of it...i dont think so.

if you have something that must be walked on eggshells around, then keep it locked up at home and others away from it. clothes and anything else you wear in public is at your own risk.

you go to someone elses house watching a ball game and start throwing around a ball and knock the knik knacks off the mantle, that is your fault...unless AN owner of the house was also partaking in throwing the ball.

dont associate with disrespectful people and les of that will happen, and dont wear clothes everywhere with high price to impress people then complain because something happens to it that could happen to ANY clothing that has the same danger.

there is another story about a women and a pricey shirt and a doffing machine, but you can imagine where that led as well....you wear clothes out and they get messed up, odds are you shouldnt have been wearing them to where you wore them...you should have known better and have only yourself to blame.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:My es wife wouldn't speak to me for a week and "cut me off" for nearly a month one time because I made the decision to share insurance information with a guy whose parked car I hit.
Apparently you're supposed to kill him, hide the body, and drive off hoping no one notices.
Neeeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeeek »

Maj wrote:Again with my apparently archaic etiquette... If you damage or break something that belongs to someone else, it is your responsibility to find a way to return it to at least its previous condition.
The law generally agrees with you, by the by.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Neeeek wrote:
Maj wrote:Again with my apparently archaic etiquette... If you damage or break something that belongs to someone else, it is your responsibility to find a way to return it to at least its previous condition.
The law generally agrees with you, by the by.
As do I.

There is the possibility that this is because:
Image Hah, you were probably expecting a bit more armor!
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Chamomile wrote:
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:My es wife wouldn't speak to me for a week and "cut me off" for nearly a month one time because I made the decision to share insurance information with a guy whose parked car I hit.
Apparently you're supposed to kill him, hide the body, and drive off hoping no one notices.
My mom tried the last third of that and it didn't work out so well for her. Someone must have seen her hit the car and reported it because an officer showed up at her house within an hour or two to arrest her.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Well, duh. She didn't kill him and hide the body. You can't just skip over two-thirds of a process and expect to get the full result.
sabs
Duke

Post by sabs »

Count your ex-wife sounds like a complete douche. It's probably a blessing that she's your EX-wife.