[Non-political] News that makes you Laugh/Cry/Both...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Don't link me to Cracked, I'll be there all week!
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Koumei wrote:Don't link me to Cracked, I'll be there all week!
I know. I thought about warning you, specifically. In fact, I think you're the reason I go there on a near-daily basis.
K
King

Post by K »

Someone is Kickstartering an Advanced Dungeons and Discourse comic.

Wasn't that a joke that Frank made that got tossed around the Den for a while?
Last edited by K on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

I think Dresden Codak started the joke, but I'm not sure. In any case, that's the second comic in the series.

Actually, what's being kickstarted is a hardcover edition of all the webcomics (except the most recent series) published on that site. If you're interested, it's a wonderful comic, and it's honestly much better suited to being read physically rather than on a screen.
K
King

Post by K »

Looks like the new Torment based on Monte Cook's new setting got funded on Kickstarter in six hours.

So I guess that is going to be a big hit and Monte is going to get all kinds of cross-promotional interest in his new setting.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Oldest Human Dissection Dates to 1200s.

There is a bit of information on the medical knowledge of the time period and some myth-busting as well. Pretty interesting.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Parthenon
Knight-Baron

Post by Parthenon »

I was amused by a possible method of reducing the risk of transmitting HIV I just saw- you rub bee venom into the vagina.

It's mostly the phrasing that amuses me since it makes perfect sense- I'm a lot less likely to stick my dick in a hole filled with bee venom.

Although its a very interesting use of nanotechnology. I always like hearing about using a method that was intended for one thing but didn't work very well and making use of it to do something completely different. If it works and is easily manufacturable it's brilliant news.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

They should put that stuff in lube and condoms, and drop jars of gel with it in Africa. It'd be nice if we could just give them melitten-laden condoms, but the Holy IlluminatiChurch of course would never allow that...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

K wrote:Looks like the new Torment based on Monte Cook's new setting got funded on Kickstarter in six hours.

So I guess that is going to be a big hit and Monte is going to get all kinds of cross-promotional interest in his new setting.
Haha, yeah probably. Now that there's a computer game I care about set in it, I might look up a PDF. Hell, I might even hear some of what Cook has to say about his setting if there's a backer video with him in it.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Prak_Anima wrote:They should put that stuff in lube and condoms, and drop jars of gel with it in Africa. It'd be nice if we could just give them melitten-laden condoms, but the Holy IlluminatiChurch of course would never allow that...
Which is stupid - of course God approves of contraception, how else do you think he's only gotten one woman pregnant in two thousand years?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Whatever
Prince

Post by Whatever »

High intensity interval training is good stuff.
Last edited by Whatever on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yeah, I might need to try that if I start using the $10/month gym I found. Just... need a new income before I can do that...

Whatever
Prince

Post by Whatever »

You don't really need gym equipment for it. Just google around for some good HIIT workouts. Jogging plus sprinting is fine. You probably can't match the 8seconds/12seconds that the article has them doing on bikes, but you can get a bunch of intervals done in 20 minutes. And do some weights if you can, not just cardio. Again, doesn't have to be gym equipment, just be safe.
Last edited by Whatever on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Part of why I want a gym membership is because, if I can read or browse the internet while exercising, I'd be more likely to do it...

Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

I use a sledgehammer and my bed for exercise. Neither is a euphamism for sex, though. Works well.
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Scientists try to test if our Universe is merely a Simulation:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/wh ... 25825.html

Strange Computer Code Discovered Concealed In Superstring Equations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1LCVknKUJ4
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
K
King

Post by K »

If the universe is a simulation:

A. I'm going to be super-pissed.

B. I am going to spend the rest of my life looking for the cheat codes for god-mode and infinite gold.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

I remember IDDQD off the top of my head, but I'm going to have to look up the gold one. The real question is: how do you access the console to input the codes?
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Totally depends on the game. MOTHERLOAD is the only cash code I can name off the top of my head.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Fuck Cheat-Codes, Buffer Overflow Direct Injection.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Write your own cheat codes. I like how you're thinking.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

If the universe turns out to be a simulation, I'm preparing for the end of the world. 'Power outage' is a rather unexpected apocalypse. (No, that situation would actually be nothing like this one, but it's a fun read if you accept the premise).
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Also, wasn't there another scientist who had the theory that our universe was long overdue for destruction, because it was kinda on lease like in the star diaries of lem?
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ted the Flayer
Knight-Baron

Post by Ted the Flayer »

If someone finds either the nude cheat or the hot coffee mod to the universe, let me know.
Prak Anima wrote:Um, Frank, I believe you're missing the fact that the game is glorified spank material/foreplay.
Frank Trollman wrote:I don't think that is any excuse for a game to have bad mechanics.