Oberoni Fallacy...does it exist?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

Stop quoting the Gygaxian.

It's not good for your sanity.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
icyshadowlord
Knight-Baron

Post by icyshadowlord »

So now Gygax is like Cthulhu in some respect? Texts related to him are bad for your sanity and all that stuff?
"Lurker and fan of random stuff." - Icy's occupation
sabs wrote:And Yes, being Finnish makes you Evil.
virgil wrote:And has been successfully proven with Pathfinder, you can just say you improved the system from 3E without doing so and many will believe you to the bitter end.
tussock
Prince

Post by tussock »

I'm pretty sure trying to follow the 1st edition combat system to the letter involves more dimensions than exist in our reality. But it's not Cthulhu at work, because he kills 1d6 PCs per round, and I've never even heard of more than five going down in an AD&D round.

Wall of Ice, bitches. AD&D: where spells are awesome and Wizards suck.
PC, SJW, anti-fascist, not being a dick, or working on it, he/him.
Desdan_Mervolam
Knight-Baron

Post by Desdan_Mervolam »

shadzar wrote: when did i say WotC didnt listen to its customers?
You're joking right? This is a joke, you can't actually be saying that seriously.

You said WotC didn't listen to it's customers in the very post I replied to. You said it in a piece of text I directly quoted in my post

Here, I'll repost it here, too.
shadzar wrote: i owe NOTHING to WotC, nor does anyone else. "the customer is always right". too many businesses these days ignore the customer and the workmanship and design of MANY products are worse for it.
There. That's literally what you said.
Don't bother trying to impress gamers. They're too busy trying to impress you to care.
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

im still waiting to see where i said WotC doesnt listen to its customers, as that post does not say that.
Play the game, not the rules.
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
good read (Note to self Maxus sucks a barrel of cocks.)
Desdan_Mervolam
Knight-Baron

Post by Desdan_Mervolam »

Wow. Just wow.

Let me make a counter-request: Explain to me how this:
shadzar wrote: i owe NOTHING to WotC, nor does anyone else. "the customer is always right". too many businesses these days ignore the customer and the workmanship and design of MANY products are worse for it.
does NOT say that WotC doesn't listen to it's customers but still remains in any way, shape or form relevant to this conversation.
Don't bother trying to impress gamers. They're too busy trying to impress you to care.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
As fascinating as Shadzar's answer would no doubt be, this is just going around in circles and generating way too many reports/PMs in relation to the amount of amusement it is providing me.

Much more importantly, I do not foresee anything getting resolved at this point.

[/TGFBS]
Last edited by fbmf on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.