[Dom3] Oldest Profession Game On

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

I need to request a turn extension. An extra 24 hours should do.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:I need to request a turn extension. An extra 24 hours should do.
Llamaserve wrote:Hosting postponed for OldestProfession by 24 hours. The game will now host at 11:02 GMT on Friday March 2nd.
Please note that this information will not be updated on the game status page for a few minutes.
-Username17
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

If any of my neighbours are concerned about the incredible increases in my army graph, that's Triton's so I can continue my uncontested conquest of the seas.

Also, will 80 triton crap + 60 triton Guard defeat ~30 icythid and icythid warriors? I don't know my sea troops too well.

Also, I'm still looking to purchase Air gems and Nature gems; I have Fire, Earth, and Blood to trade away (plus a tiny bit of astral, but I'd prefer saving that).
Last edited by Ikeren on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Public Diplomatic Cable from Ulm:

As a primarily coastal nation, we will NOT look kindly upon any attempt to conquer all the sea areas - particularly areas adjacent to our core provinces and capital.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I won't put any troops in them, and I'll concede 78 to you once you can get into the water to take it (like; a single commander), but I've raised an army, I'm going to extract profit as long as I can.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

We can get to the water already, but not in force to defeat the indies. Also the two areas that border our core areas are 38 (Amaranthine, which border like one third our whole nation) and 78 (Rialto).

Ulm will frankly ask that your underwater domain extend up to 86 and no further. A foreign power controlling the Amaranthine or the Rialto is not tennable for us.
Last edited by Zinegata on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Also, an Ulm-Mart Update.

We will also now sell Dwarven Hammers for 18 Fire apiece (in addition to the standard offer of 40 Blood Slaves apiece). Why 18? Because Fire is generally less valuable than Earth.

PM if interested.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

What if I clear through 78 to get to 8, but leave 78 empty so you can take it with whatever water power you have?
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Again, our position is that 38 and 78 may not belong to a foreign power. You've only discussed 78 (Rialto)

Or did you mean to say that you will clear out 38 (Amaranthine) on the way down south and you will leave it empty for Ulm to take? Please clarify.
Last edited by Zinegata on Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I don't think I need to go into 38 at all, though I'm doing this by memory?

One is like, a bay on the inside of islands, no need to bother. Clearing through 78 and then grabbing 8, then? If you beat me to it, there'll be no hard feelings.

Also, I can guarantee I'll have trouble with my Friday/Saturday turns; can I get +72 hours added on both Friday and Saturday, with the assumption that I'll get them in as I'm able (IE, this is better than staling, better than roleback?)

Thanks, and sorry about that. Debate tournament which I am seriously trying to win (as it will be my last) + my birthday.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Dude, look at the map first, then tell me your plan. Again, 38 or 78 belonging to a foreign power is not going to make Ulm happy. If you're gonna leave them free of troops or give them to us or whatever, fine. But look at the map first then formulate your proposal. Otherwise there will be confusion.
Last edited by Zinegata on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Was away from my computer, sorry. Replying with actual things here now :p
K
King

Post by K »

I'm taking Caelum's last two provinces and the Knight province next to their capital, so don't enter them unless you want to have your forces eaten by tiger demons (and you want to become my next target).
Last edited by K on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

The rump state of Caelum congratulates Lanka on putting us out of our misery.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Sauromatia is willing to sell blood capacity. We will sell 50 blood slaves for 30 other gems.

-Sauromatia
K
King

Post by K »

Ancient History wrote:The rump state of Caelum congratulates Lanka on putting us out of our misery.
Nom nom nom. :)
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Did anyone take up Caelum's Kanly in exchange for Air gems?
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Also, I can guarantee I'll have trouble with my Friday/Saturday turns; can I get +72 hours added on both Friday and Saturday, with the assumption that I'll get them in as I'm able (IE, this is better than staling, better than roleback?)
I guess I should have put that in bold, since I just double staled and no one seemed to notice. Going to look at the turns and figure out how to recover from this.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Sorry:

1. I literally got married this weekend and didn't really check the thread that carefully.

2. If you have a general request for a turn delay, never put it after two paragraphs of province negotiation with another player. Because I definitely stopped reading that post the moment it started in on back and forth about water provinces. I suspect that like everyone except Zinegata did the same.

I honored angelfromanotherpin's request because it was stand alone, and not hidden in the middle of targeted diplomatic correspondence to someone else. Again, sorry about that.

-Username17
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Very congratulations, Frank.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Nope, totally reasonable, my own fault for lack of clarity in formatting.

Your literally getting married is excellent. Congratulations.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Congratulations Frank!

We should all attack him now so he has more time to spend with the wife :D (j/k)
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

Congratulations on your nuptials.

I may be delayed in submitting my next few turns due to local weather conditions. A short extension for the next couple of turns would be appreciated.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Winnah wrote:Congratulations on your nuptials.

I may be delayed in submitting my next few turns due to local weather conditions. A short extension for the next couple of turns would be appreciated.
Sure.
The hosting interval for OldestProfession has now been changed to 36 hours, and the deadline for the next hosting has been automatically postponed by 11 hours.
Please note that this information will not be updated on the game status page for a few minutes.

Return to game page
-Username17
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Anyone have Water gems they want to trade? Please PM - Ulm is willing to buy by trading other gems or items.