[Conan/Call of Cthulhu d20]Shadow over Stygia Recruiting

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Not exactly. It gives a bonus to the skills. Unless we're looking at different versions of Stygia...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Sure, it's a +4 total bonus for 3 skill ranks, but since the skills in question are at/above the 5 rank synergy bonus threshold the difference is largely academic. Really I'm just looking to play up the polytheism angle so that when the character starts making the occasional sacrifice to Shub-Niggurath it doesn't seem untoward.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

I have a name. Don't ask.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Korgan0 wrote:I don't see why there can't be some combination- Perhaps you invested in a group of free companions and so had some kind of command status
Hell, we probably wouldn't even have to fluff him as having invested money, necessarily--the source books mention that in most Hyborian armies having noble blood on your resume is pretty much required if you want to be invited to any reindeer games at the officer's club. So even if merc groups are closer to being unfettered meritocracies, there's still likely some value in grooming the nobles for a corner office just because they (hopefully) have some education and etiquette as well as a name that will be taken more seriously by illustrious clients like Lord General Snooty Britches. That can probably get you to corporal without trying too hard and then on to sergeant and squire to a sub-captain as long as you can demonstrate how to put on your pants correctly most mornings and patiently collect some seniority. With that said, Isandro is only in his mid 20s at the oldest, so despite starting young he was probably at most a squire-sergeant to a sub-captain before deciding he wanted out.
bears fall, everyone dies
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Here's my dude

Taotie, Man from the East:

He's been sent westward on behalf of Khitan wizards to check out the magical situation in Stygia and the west as the death of Thoth Amon and loss of the Black Ring has changed much. For Taotie he just enjoys traveling to new places and testing his skills.

Khitai Martial Disciple 2/Thief 1
Favored classes: Martial Disciple, Scholar

Str 15 +2
Dex 16 +3
Con 10
Int 13 +1
Wis 17 +3
Cha 10

Hit Points: 24
Fate Points: 3
Sanity: 85
Code of Honor: Civilized

Initiative: +11
BAB: +1

Attacks:
Unarmed +4 (finesse) 1d3+2 x2
Akbitanan Piercing War Gauntlet (Finesse): +5 1d6+2 x3 AP5
Dagger +4 1d4+2 ap1 19-20 x2
Grapple: +9
Sneak Attack: 2d6/2d8 (unarmed)

Saves
FORT 0 (0+0)
REF 8 (5+3)
WILL 6 (3+3) *(4 vs hypnotism)

Dodge vs Melee (base/stat/equipment/misc)
16 (1/3/0/2)
Dodge vs Ranged
18 (1/3/2/2)
Parry
15 (1/2/2)

Skills (rank/stat/misc)
Balance: 9 (5/3/2
Jump: 9 (5/2/2 (+2 to tumble)
Listen: 9 (6/3
M. Silently: 12 (6/3/3
Spot: 9 (6/3
Tumble: (6/3/2 (+2 to jump and balance)
Knowledge (arcana): 11 (9/1/1)
Knowledge (local): 4 (2/1/1)

Climb: 7 (5/2
Heal: 8 (5/3
Hide: 10 (6/3/1
Sense: 9 (6/3 (+2 to diplomacy)

Languages: Khitan, Hyrkanian, Old Stygian, Acheronian, Vendhyan, Aquilonian, Zamorian

Racial Features
• +2 to move silently
• +1 Knowledge (all)
• Bonus feat: Dodge
• -2 to save vs hypnotism

Background Skills:
•Knowledge (arcana),
•Knowledge (local),
•Knowledge (any)
•Move silently

Class Features
• Improved Unarmed Strike
• Martial Discipline: Grappler: (Ex): Can initiate a grapple attempt whenever he deals damage with an unarmed strike.
• Sneak Attack Style (unarmed)
• Sneak Attack +2d6/+2d8
• Trap Disarming

Feats:
• Dodge (+1 dodge)
• Defensive Martial Arts (+2DV in defensive fighting, +2 trip/overrun/grapple)
• Improved Grapple (+4 grapple, doesn't provoke)
• Light Footed (+1 sneak attack, +1 dodge/hide/m.silent)

Equipment:
• Akbitanan Piercing War Gauntlet
• Sling (10 bullets)
• Daggerx2
• Robe
• Face obscuring hood
• Boots
• Belt
• Pouch
• Healer's Kit
• 50sp

• Riding Horse 100sp
• Saddle
• Waterskin
• Bedroll
• Bag
• Fish hook
• Ink, quill, parchment
• manacles
• rope

• Sexy & educated slave girl

Martial Disciple 3/Thief 1
Favored classes: Martial Disciple, Scholar

Str 15 +2
Dex 16 +3
Con 10
Int 13 +1
Wis 17 +3
Cha 10

Hit Points: 32
Sanity: 81
Code of Honor: Civilized

Initiative: +11
BAB: +2

Attacks:
Unarmed +5 (finesse) 1d3+2 x2
Akbitanan Piercing War Gauntlet (Finesse): +6 1d6+2 x3 AP5
Dagger +5 1d4+2 ap1 19-20 x2
Grapple: +10
Sneak Attack: 2d6/2d8 (unarmed)

Saves
FORT 2 (2+0)
REF 8 (5+3)
WILL 6 (3+3) *(4 vs hypnotism)

Dodge vs Melee (base/stat/equipment/misc)
20 (2/3/0/5)
Dodge vs Ranged
22 (2/3/2/5)
Parry
20 (1/2/5)

Skills (rank/stat/misc)
Balance: 15 (5/3/7
Jump: 14 (5/2/7 (+2 to tumble)
Tumble: 16 (6/3/7 (+2 to jump and balance)

Listen: 10 (7/3
M. Silently: 13 (7/3/3
Spot: 10 (7/3
Knowledge (arcana): 11 (9/1/1)
Knowledge (local): 4 (2/1/1)

Climb: 8 (6/2
Heal: 8 (5/3
Hide: 11 (7/3/1
Sense: 9 (6/3 (+2 to diplomacy)

Languages: Khitan, Hyrkanian, Old Stygian, Acheronian, Vendhyan, Aquilonian, Zamorian

Racial Features
• +2 to move silently
• +1 Knowledge (all)
• Bonus feat: Dodge
• -2 to save vs hypnotism

Background Skills:
•Knowledge (arcana),
•Knowledge (local),
•Knowledge (any)
•Move silently

Class Features
• Improved Unarmed Strike
• Martial Discipline: Grappler: (Ex): Can initiate a grapple attempt whenever he deals damage with an unarmed strike.
• Sneak Attack Style (unarmed)
• Sneak Attack +2d6/+2d8
• Trap Disarming

Feats:
• Dodge (+1 dodge)
• Defensive Martial Arts (+2DV in defensive fighting, +2 trip/overrun/grapple)
• Improved Grapple (+4 grapple, doesn't provoke)
• Light Footed (+1 sneak attack, +1 dodge/hide/m.silent)

Equipment:
• Akbitanan Piercing War Gauntlet
• Sling
• Daggerx2
• Robe
• Face obscuring hood
• Boots
• Belt
• Pouch
• Healer's Kit
• 50sp

• Riding Horse 100sp
• Saddle
• Waterskin
• Bedroll
• Bag
• Fish hook
• Ink, quill, parchment
• manacles
• rope

• Sexy & educated slave girl

Sneaky dude who is good at grappling. I can grapple anyone I hit with a punch, so I can hit 'em then throw 'em to an adjacent square (They provoke OA's for movement). I look forward to playing murder pinball with the party and tossing at least one guy into a chasm or fire.

*Spent my excess money on a sexy slave girl. Taotie isn't too familiar with Stygia so he acquired a sexy lady that can cook and maybe knows stuff.

By the way, do helmets count as wearing armor for "light-footed"?
Last edited by OgreBattle on Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:48 am, edited 11 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Guys, just remember, Conan assumes that we all spend our money horribly irresponsibly. Unless AH houserules it away, our on hand money reduces by something like 50% total wealth per week. If you're a noble or a scholar you can say you were doing something useful that week, and have a floating +2 to a later roll (depending on which you are).

I'm about to hit the sack, so I'll put up some backstory and foreshadowings when I get up.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Yeah, I considered floozies, manservant and spare clothes because I couldn't come up with much else to spend my wealth on, but between being a noble and the fact that I don't want to also blow money on transporting them I passed. Beyond that, the High Living rules get invoked when you lack a concrete plan, and while I'm certainly not suggesting that we game around them with perpetual crap like "Planning for all contingencies," most GMs are pretty cool with letting you find out what jobs are available and then spending some of your cash on mission specific gear like more packhorses, climbing gear, water skins and trail rations before it all evaporates.
Last edited by Whipstitch on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

I was looking at everyone's character and realized that we don't have a lingua franca. We're all able to talk to each other individually, but occasionally someone listening in will need translation. I don't know if I consider this a problem, save in some situation where we might need to quickly make a plan. From a quick look, I think the only language we could all share would be Shemitish. Also, I like that all the non-Stygians can speak in Aquilonian about how screwed up Stygia is without the others understanding.

I'll be putting in foreshadowing and a fuller background today.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Fine. I'm the GM, and I say all of your speak Stygian. Bonus language. Boom. Done.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Well, due to the related language rules that shouldn't really be necessary anyway--we almost certainly have enough overlap to understand eachother even if when making verbal skill checks against eachother we'd potentially be taking -2 penalties to do so. On the other hand, I'm not really complaining because another bonus language lets Isandro communicate fluently down the whole the west coast aside from in Nordheim.
Last edited by Whipstitch on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Oh, I didn't mean to come off like it was a concern. I sorta liked the flavor of the characters generally speaking in their non-mother tongue, with the rare chance for confusion. That said, it's probably good that everyone can speak the local language.
Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Well, all the characters are in so the IC thread has been started. Everybody get their game hats on, and introduce their characters.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Ok, here's the completed character sheet for Kamoses

Lord Kamoses-ak-Ankh
Keeper of Set's Second Mystery; Keeper of Iku, the least mystery of Seshet, Keeper of the First Mystery of Djehuty
"It's never leprosy."
The son of a priest and temple prostitute, Kamoses-ak-Ankh never wanted for anything as a child. His father did not spoil him, often making him earn that which he wanted, but never flat denying his son anything. Even his stipend and inheritance needed to be earned. Kamoses first trained as a scribe, then a physician, and finally became a Lay Priest of Set. After being initiated in the First Mystery of Set, he earned his title, and his first allowance of silvers.
He is a priest and physician of no little renown in Stygia, mostly known for his dour way of interacting with others and his somewhat dehumanizing glare. Those close to him have tried to assure others that he's different to those he knows--albeit not much--to varying degrees of success.
The study of Set's mysteries eventually revealed that the gods were more symbols than entities, a fact which has made him voracious in the secrets of all gods.
Stygian Scholar2/Noble1
Favored classes: Scholar and Noble
Str13
Dex12
Con11
Int17
Wis16
Cha18

Hit Points: 20
Base Power Points 8
Corruption: 2
Sanity: 80/Max 97

Initiative: +1
BAB: +1
MeAB: +2
RaAB: +2
MaAB: +5

Attacks: Khopesh +2m 2d4+1, 18-20/x2 AP 4, 10 Hardness, 9hp, 4 hp, S
Stygian Bow +3r 1d12+1, 19-20/x2 AP 2, 60' range, 5 Hardness, 4hp. P

Saves
Fort: +0
Ref: +1
Will: +8

Base Defense: 10
Base Dodge: +0
Dodge: 11
Base Parry: +0
Parry: 11

Armor Damage Reduction:
ACP:

Code of Honor: None, though generally acts with the overall code of a mercenary (would need to give up a code eventually anyway, so no actual code)

Skills
Background Skill ranks noted as 2+X
SkillRanksAbility ModSynergy BonusesRacial BonusesFeat BonusesMysteries of Set BonusesMisc. ModsSituational ModsTotal
-rAMSBRBFBMoSBMisc.SMTotal
Appraise (Int, UT)0300000+2 with Alchemy or Herbalism3
Bluff (Cha, UT)040000004
Concentration (Con, UT)300000003
Craft (Alchemy) (Int, UT)5322012+2 to construct anti-venom or eye lotions15
Craft (Herbalism) (Int, UT)5340200+2 to construct anti-venom or eye lotions14
Craft (Any Mundane) (Int, UT)03000 0003
Decipher Script (Int, T)-3000 000-
Diplomacy (Cha, UT)54000 0009
Forgery (Int, UT)03000 0003
Gather Info (Cha, UT)24000 0006
Handle Animal (Cha, T)2+04000 0006
Heal (Wis, UT)53302 02+1 to heal eye problems15
Hide (Dex, UT)01000 0001
Intimidate (Cha, UT)04000 0004
Knowledge (any) (Int, T)---------
Knowledge (Arcane) (Int, T)2+4302010012
Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering) (Int, T)23000 0005
Knowledge (History) (Int, T)23000 0005
Knowledge (Local-Stygia) (Int, T)2+23000 0007
Knowledge (Mysteries: Djehuty) (Int, T)330000006
Knowledge (Mysteries: Seshet) (Int, T)330000006
Knowledge (Mysteries: Set) (Int, T)63000 0009
Knowledge (Nature) (Int, T)53200 00010
Knowledge (Nobility) (Int, T)13000 0004
Knowledge (Religion) (Int, T)23000 0005
Knowledge (Rumours) (Int, T)-3000 000-
Knowledge (Warfare) (Int, T)-3000 000-
Listen (Wis, UT)13000 0004
Move Silently (Dex, T)01000 0001
Perform (any) (Cha, UT)04000 0004
Perform (Ritual) (Cha, UT)2+44020 02 (ebon staff)012
Profession (Scribe) (Wis, T)23000 0005
Ride (Dex, UT)01000 0001
Search (Int, UT)13000 0004
Sense Motive (Wis, UT)03000 0003
Spot (Wis, UT)13000 0004
Survival (Wis, UT)03000 0003

Feats:
Ritual Sacrifice
Stygian Physician
Surgery

Languages: Stygian, Khitan, Shemitish, Demonic, Acheronian, Old Stygian, Hyrkanian, Puntan

Racial Features & Background Skills
  • +2 Knowl (arcane), Perform (ritual), Craft (alchemy)
  • +1 Stygian bow
  • -2 v. Corruption
  • EWP: Stygian Bow
  • Handle Animal, Knowledge (arcane), Knowledge (local-Stygia), Perform (ritual)
  • Favoured Class: Scholar, Noble, Temptress
Class Features
  • Sorcery Styles (Necromancy, Nature)
  • Scholar Background (Lay Priest)
  • Knowledge is Power +6
  • Title- Lord
  • Rank Hath It's Privileges
  • Wealth
Mysteries of Set
  • First Mystery: Basic Symbolism, +1 Kn. Arcana, +1 Cr. Alchemy
  • Second Mystery: Deeper understanding of the purposes and symbolic truths of the minor gods
    • Ahephi: +1 bonus to any one roll related to an alchemical device utilising dust or pollen thrown by them if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action.
    • Bat: +1 bonus to any one roll related to a divination spell cast by them if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action, or a +2 bonus to a Sense Motive skill check made for a cold reading (see page 118) for a non-sorcerous practitioner of clairvoyance and divination.
    • Bes: +1 bonus to any one roll related to a spell from the counterspells sorcery style cast by them if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action; non-sorcerous priests who know this mystery can do a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) to give someone a +1 bonus to their saving throw.
    • Ehtum: +1 bonus to any one roll related to a spell cast by them or at them at sunset if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action.
    • Hap-I: +1 bonus to any one roll related to a spell cast by them from the Sea Witchery sorcery style if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action.
    • Heqat: +5 bonus to any one roll related to a spell from the counterspells sorcery style cast by them for the benefit of a pregnant woman if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action. +2 competence bonus to any Heal check made regarding a pregnant woman.
    • Idris: +2 bonus to any one roll related to a spell from Conan: The Free Companies cast by them while in a foreign land if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action.
    • Imsety: +2 bonus to save against a Draw Forth the Heart spell cast at them if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action.
    • Kebb: +1 bonus to any one roll related to a spell designed to create or benefit from sex or sexual lust (such as the Dance of Atali or Enslave spells in Conan: The Scrolls of Skelos) if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action.
    • Kephra: +2 bonus to any one roll related to a spell from the immortality sorcery style (from Conan: The Scrolls of Skelos) if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action.
    • Khnemu: +2 bonus to any one roll related to a spell involving water (other than mere rain) if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action.
    • Maahes: +2 bonus to any one roll related to a spell involving rain or severe weather if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action.
    • Nefertem: +5 bonus to the Craft (herbalism) check made for a Fruit of Air spell (from Conan: The Scrolls of Skelos) or +2 HD worth of size when growing magical plants with the Sorcerous Garden spell if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action.
    • Neith: +1 bonus to any one roll related to a shot from a bow or a Craft (weaving) check if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action.
    • Nekhebet: +2 bonus to any one roll related to a spell from Conan: The Free Companies cast by them against foreigners in Stygia if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action.
    • Nephtys: +1 bonus to any one roll related to a spell from the necromancy sorcery style cast by them if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action.
    • Nuit: +1 bonus to any one roll related to a spell aimed to cause chaos among an enemy host if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action.
    • Qebsneuef: +1 bonus to any one roll related to a spell affecting the intestines if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action.
    • Selkhet: +1 bonus to any one roll related to a Craft (mummy) check if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made an hour beforehand.
    • Tef Maauti Nu: +1 bonus to any one roll related to a spell affecting the rain if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action.
    • Th'mumathph: +1 bonus to any one roll related to a spell affecting the stomach if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action.
    • Tawerat: +1 bonus to any one roll related to the birth of a child if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action.
    • Usir: +1 Power Points if a Perform (ritual) check (DC 18) is made as a move-equivalent action.
Mysteries of Seshet
  • First Mystery: Iku The character gains a bonus of 10% to all experience awarded from now on.
Mysteries of Djehuty
  • First Mystery: The first mystery of Djehuty teaches vigilance, giving the character a +2 bonus to Craft (alchemy) and Heal.
Equipment
stiletto
linen robes
belt and pouch
spell component pouch
shoes
Ankh, Stygian Priest Jewelry
50 sp of incense
ink, quill, parchment
Ebon Staff of Set (150 sp)
Khopesh (240 sp)
Stygian Bow (+1) (50 sp)
40 Arrows (8 sp)
10 "Common" female stygian slaves (former temple prositutes) (300 sp)
Herbalist's Kit (2 sp)
Hefau-Peseh Papyrus
Rert-Beqsu Papyrus

Wealth: 750 worth of equipment
386 pieces of silver on hand

Spells
Raise Corpse
Chill of the Grave
Summon Beast

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Ok, so here's a question, were the priest of Set and former priest of Set called to the Temple of Ibis, too?

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Yes. Karanthes' need must be truly dire.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Well, sad to hear that the Black Ring was broken... but ok, cool

Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Introduction
Foreshadowing: Neb. will take part in an ultimately failing ritual which causes the deaths of several NPCs. Neb. will take part in a lotus smoke hallucination in which he believes he was attacked psychically. Neb. will save a noble from snakebite as the first step of a long con.

The son of an itinerant priestess of Derketo, Meresankh, the Great Ornament, Nebemakhet grew up traveling up and down the river Styx, visiting the many small temples to Derketo found on the pleasure islands maintained for nobles' indulgences. Fascinated by both the use of sorcery and the ease by which the temples' debased clergy were able to manipulate even great princes, he was encouraged to study both the religion of Stygia, and to cultivate cunning in the use of physicality as a weapon. When he was determined to have some facility at handling lotus preparations his mother arranged for him to learn alchemy from a lapsed priest, Semerka, in Khemi. Given the protected status of snakes in the city, Semerka taught him techniques by which to not only protect himself from them, but control as well. It was here where it was hinted that Set, in his aspect as a snake god, was but an aspect of some older, possibly pre-human deity. Spurred on by this, he began studies at the city's temple of Set, quickly completing his scribe training, and where his devotion to learning was looked upon favorably. Nebemakhet, however, is less interested in being pious, than in becoming powerful.

Physically, Neb stands 5'7", is dusky like most Stygians, and is usually carrying a fairly large horned viper which more often than not is hiding under his robes
Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

So, like, if the grand plan is that both priests of set are really just going to blow us up at the end or whatever, I'd rather know now so I can properly lower my expectations.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Not blow you up, no. Kamoses is just really interested in that book. I was looking at aiming towards becoming a member of the Black Ring, but now that we know it's not around, Kamoses is probably a disappointed, and would like to reform the organization himself, but he has no plans of blowing everyone up. He has no interest in destroying Hyboria through action or inaction, because there is vanishingly little point to having power if the word is gone. He's just not about to hand the book to the last priest of a rival tradition and go on his marry way.

Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

I'm really just looking to play a poor-man's James Earl Jones (Thulsa Doom in the movie, but closer to Thoth Amon) with less emphasis on the followers and more on lotus eating. I'm hoping for the character to learn a couple of spells, including 1 CoC based, and pull off a ritual where he inexplicably turns into a snake in the middle of it. If he then gets his head cut off, goes nuts shortly before being eaten by invisible demons, or gets placed in a Mi-Go brain cylinder, then at least he stayed genre-appropriate.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Eh, well, okay then.

I guess I'll just have to save a fate point for being left for dead and stumbling back to civilization half insane.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

I want to use my grab-n-throw maneuvers to throw people into things like fires, off cliffs, or between a bardich wielding barbarian and a sneaky guy with a stabbity sword.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

I thought it might be useful to have a compiled skill listing, so we can see who's good at what for making plans.
K=Kamoses N= Neb R=Karlus S=Isandro T=Taotie V=Velasco

Observation/Perception
Listen T10, K4, RV3, N2, S0
Search V9, K4, N3, S2, RT1
Spot T10, R5, S7, K4, N2, V1

Physical/Stealth
Balance T15, V6(7), S5, R4, K1, N0
Climb T8, R5, SV3, K1, N0
Disable Device V9
Disguise S5, K4, NV3, R1, T0
Escape Artist TV3, SR2, K1, N0
Hide T11, V9, SR2, K1, N0
Jump T14, R5, S3, KV1, N0
Move Silently T13, V9, SR2, K1, N0
Open Lock V10
Swim R5, S3. T2, KV1, N0
Tumble T16, V7
Sleight of Hand TV3, SNR2, K1

Social
Bluff S10(14), N11, V9, K4, R1, T0
Diplomacy N15, K10, S8, V3, R1, T0
Gather Information N10, KV6, S3, R1, T0
Handle Animal K6, N5
Intimidate N13(20), S9(12), R6, K4, V3, T0
Sense Motive T9, S8, R7, NV4, K3

Knowledge/Crafting/Sorcery
Appraise KN3, SV2, RT1
Concentration N4, K3
Craft (alchemy) K16, N15 (both get +4 for medicine, +6 for anti-venom or eyedrops)
Craft (herbalism) K15, N12 (both get +4 for medicine, +6 for anti-venom or eyedrops)
Decipher Script N10
Forgery KN3, SV2, RT1
Knowledge(arcana) K12, T11, N10
Knowledge(architecture and engineering) K5
Knowledge(history) K5
Knowledge(local-Stygia) K7, N5
Knowledge (nature) N11, K10
Knowledge (nobility) S7, K4
Knowledge (religion) K5
Knowledge (Fencing: Zingaran School) V9
Knowledge (Mystery:Set) N12, K10
Knowledge (Mystery:Derketo) N12
Knowledge (Mystery:Djehuty) K9, N6
Knowledge (Mystery:Seshet) K9
Perform (Ritual)K12(14), N12

Miscellaneous
Heal K17, N10(both get +3 dealing with damage, +1 eye issues) T8, R7, V2, S0
Profession (Sailor) V4, S2
Profession (Scribe) K5, N4
Ride R6, S4, TV3, K1, N0
Survival R7, KT3, N2, V1, S0
Use Rope SV5, T3, R2, K1, N0
AH, sometime could you look at the god Usir in the Stygia book, and let me know how you think the 2nd and 3rd mysteries of Set would apply? I'm assuming those aren't permanent bonuses, but could be done at the beginning of a ritual, instead. Also, does the 2nd stack with the 3rd? I'm not really looking to do this in game or anything; I'm just amused by the idea of the two sorcerers pulling off some 50 point ritual, even though we have nothing available that costs a fraction of that.
Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:17 am, edited 6 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

When I get home from work.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Also, I suppose it now becomes important how our slaves are being handled. Commoners of appropriate race?