[Dom4] WhoIsLeft - Game (w)On

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Many apologies for not being able to delay the turn for name_here. I thought I could get to my computer in time and I could not. The usual remedy in cases of no-fault stales is no attacking the staler for one turn, and that should be applied here.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Ermor does not have any priests right now. Why doesn't Ermor have any priests right now?
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
K
King

Post by K »

I killed his Prophet, so I assume that he's taken what he has left and added them to one of his giant armies on my border to mitigate the savage Banishment spam I've been spanking him with.

If he hasn't, then I am as baffled as you.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Sending out some items this turn.

Looks like my merc cavalry wiped in the first engagement, but I think I got my money's worth. Tempted to wait for reinforcement from my second army, though, since it looks like I seized a lab and want to try a new spell anyways.
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

I got a message from llamaserver that it was waiting on my turn, even though the game page says it has my turn. I assume this is a server-upgrade glitch, but I postponed the turn so I (and anyone else) can make sure that their turns are in properly.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Annndd it's vanished from the listing.

EDIT: Just got an email saying that the game is finishing. I think we should call this one off due to technical difficulties and maybe start another one once the server issues get sorted out.
Last edited by name_here on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

I think that would be premature. Llamaserver has been pretty good at backups in the past. If it's still an issue when I get home, I'll get in touch with them and see what the prognosis is.

edit: For those who aren't aware, we seem to be back in business!
Last edited by angelfromanotherpin on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I staled even though I sent in a turn.

That's 2/27, which is a pretty mediocre success rate. And I had repeat build orders...that vanished.

I'm unimpressed.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Llamaserver's computer got replaced on turn 26. We need to do a rollback because not everyone got the memo that they had to resend in turns. And by "the memo" I mean checked the website, because the server emails didn't explain that at all.

-Username17
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

I don't have a problem with a rollback. Neither does Frank, nor (I assume) the two people who staled). That's a majority, but if name_here or Avoraciopoctules wish to make a case for not doing that, the floor is open.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

I'm going to be traveling for ~5 days, starting tomorrow. Not sure if I'll be able to connect to the internet reliably. There might be a lot of C'tis stales coming up, unless someone else wants to take over.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Probably not a bad idea to pause it over thanksgiving.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Okay, no objections. So the rollback is definitely happening when I get home.

Instead of formalizing a thanksgiving break, I'll just set the turn delay to a really long time for the week, so if people can get their turns in we can make progress, but remove the time pressure so Av (and anyone who falls into inconvenient turkey coma) doesn't miss any turns.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Thanks, I'll try putting the latest dom4 build on my laptop before I head out. Hope you all enjoy the holidays!
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Rollback is go!
llamaserver wrote:Note that once the game is rolled back, it will appear that the game is waiting for 2h files from all players. However, the 2h files from last time the turn was played will in fact be there, and will be used if the game hosts without them being overwritten. This can be useful; often, a game is rehosted in order for only one or two players to retake their turns, while everyone else is expected to make no changes. The game admin can therefore wait till just those players have submitted, and then force hosting. None of the other players will stale (assuming they actually submitted a 2h file last time the turn was played).
So unless I hear different, I'm going to force the host as soon as the stalers get their turns in.
Last edited by angelfromanotherpin on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
K
King

Post by K »

Ok, so you staled me by forcing the turn.

And yes, I did submit a turn last turn.
Last edited by K on Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

That's weird. Let's try it again.
K
King

Post by K »

I submitted another 26. That should fix it.
Last edited by K on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Hm, I'm showing another stale, but I was trying to see if the last turn might still work. Did you get a confirmation mail for the turn you just sent in?
K
King

Post by K »

No. The second Turn 26 did not get there in time. I instead got the "Wrong 2h you dumbass" message.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Well, that's annoying but hopeful (in that it was the same file that failed as last time, as opposed to the new one). One more time.

edit: fml it rolled back twice

edit: I can't deal with this tonight. I think everyone now has to submit a new turn 26 because all the random shit from 25 will have recalced.
Last edited by angelfromanotherpin on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Holy shit, llamaserver fucking hates you guys.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

And, of course, with the new turn, instead of getting a sweet national hero and some lucky commander freespawning I did not get those things.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Ashdod has submitted turn 26, yet again.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Happy Thanksgiving!