The Shadowrun Situation

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

TheFlatline
Prince

Post by TheFlatline »

Psychic Robot wrote:MY SHILL SENSE IS TINGLING.
My troll sense is tingling... either that or it's a case of Internet Tough Guy.

My money is on a troll though.
Last edited by TheFlatline on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
souran
Duke

Post by souran »

Kaelik wrote: @souran, it seems pretty obvious to me this person is too stupid to even hold a job at CGL, he's probably just a free lacky that does it just because Loren Coleman is his hero.
I don't care what he is or who he works for.

When he types posts its like somebody dropped a computer and wifi connection into the desk of a turn of the previous century newspaper columnist.

Its crazy pompas and bombastic and it doesn't actually say ANYTHING, its innane.

It includes these WORD OF GOD pronouncements and then calls everybody on this site a liar a theif and a rapscallion just for good measure.

I personally think that all posts on this site which will be used to attack anything ought to be written with the same gusto as Caladazar writes his stuff because then I wouldn't have to go to the onion for a cheap laugh.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Regardless of whether or not you signed an NDA or believe you are no longer bound by a contract or whatever form you want to talk about, being involved in or being complicit in the release of confidential proprietary information governed and protected by NDA, is illegal, period.
I just want to emphasize a very real point:

Randall Bills says that paying people for their work is something that he doesn't necessarily have to do, but that people are welcome to take him to court over. Now, that shit actually is illegal. Not paying people their wages is totally a violation of labor law. But to an extent he is right - until someone actually demonstrates in court that he defrauded them, he isn't going to jail over it.

But let's take a step back here: violating an NDA isn't like that at all. There are no criminal statutes that correspond to proprietary information. Telling people secrets is just speech, it's protected by the First Amendment. It's actually unconstitutional for Congress to even make a law against talking about stuff. If an NDA was violated, that's not illegal. It's something that you could take someone to court for, but it would be civil court. You'd have to take them to court for breech of contract.

In short, exactly the bullshit that Randall Bills is saying about his choice to use people's work without paying for it is actually true about people choosing to break a Non Disclosure Agreement. Indeed, once the company has started failing to abide by their own contracts, they wouldn't even have a leg to stand on holding those people to NDAs in court. People who actually signed NDAs could do whatever they wanted, confident that the worst thing that could happen was that a party that had admitted to breaking contracts first could try (and fail) to sue them for their own subsequent contract breaking.

But even that does not apply, because Catalyst didn't bother even collecting NDAs from most of the people working for them.

-Username17
Caldazar
NPC

Post by Caldazar »

Ancient History wrote:Quite honestly, yes. You strike me as exactly the type of person to spout off without knowing what the hell you're talking about.
The problem is; I know exactly what I am talking about concerning this situation. So much so, I have had catch myself from using information that would cause some serious heartburn.

I have read every posts, blog, and letter written (take your pick) by you, Trollman, Jennifer Hardy, Fuchs, and a host of others in the last three months. I have very detailed information from both sides of the fence. You would know this to be true; however, you are too close to this situation to believe anything else than your own convoluted beliefs. I know you well enough that I pulled you into this discussion where you never participated before.

To the rest, no I'm not crazy. However, I did stir up the hornet's nest as was part of my objective to find out what I was looking for. That done, I'll leave you to stew, and lambast me as you have the others. That doesn't bother me in the least. Enjoy yourselves. This was just too easy. :uptosomething:

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

al Caldazar

virgil
King

Post by virgil »

Caldazar wrote:To the rest, no I'm not crazy. However, I did stir up the hornet's nest as was part of my objective to find out what I was looking for. That done, I'll leave you to stew, and lambast me as you have the others. That doesn't bother me in the least. Enjoy yourselves. This was just too easy. :uptosomething:
Cue someone posting the "all according to plan" meme image in three, two...
Last edited by virgil on Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

DragonChild wrote:
I like how he keeps conflating me, Frank Trollman, medical student and ex-freelance writer, with Frank Tillman, Battletech Playtester.
And here I thought that was just a repeated typo. Wow. That kinda shoots his credibility to hell.
So did Frank, until I pointed it out ^-^

-Crissa
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Hey guys, he knows everything because he read open public forums and blogs! And then he baited Ancient History into posting here because he knew that Ancient History pointed out that plan to Frank, and so just lied that Frank posted it to trick AH out of hiding.

Then he "stirred up the hornets nest" and "found out what he was looking for" which I assume is that when random internet trolls accuse Frank of stuff he obviously didn't do that's not illegal, he doesn't bother to deny it.

And we would all be able to tell that he knows everything about the Catalyst situation if we just believed him unconditionally even when presented with no evidence.

Also, he can totally tell the difference between Frank Trollman and Frank Tillman, he just conflates the two because Frank Tillman poured the last of the coffee and didn't make more, so he hates him too.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

I got lost in the banter between Caldazar and the rest of the thread, and all I know about NDAs and the like are what I can learn from Wikipedia about trade secrets.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Guyr Adamantine
Master

Post by Guyr Adamantine »

Also, the social experiment excuse? Lamest cop-out ever.
erik
King

Post by erik »

I think I'm just gonna set ignore to the next trolls. I was already feeling a bit foolish for dignifying this idiot with any responses. Meh.
Fuchs
Duke

Post by Fuchs »

/yawn.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Guyr Adamantine wrote:img]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff62 ... lanned.jpg[/img

Also, the social experiment excuse? Lamest cop-out ever.
Did you just combine the according to kaikaku meme with one of them bolter bitches?
'cause that's genius! ^^
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
TheFlatline
Prince

Post by TheFlatline »

Caldazar wrote:
Ancient History wrote:Quite honestly, yes. You strike me as exactly the type of person to spout off without knowing what the hell you're talking about.
The problem is; I know exactly what I am talking about concerning this situation. So much so, I have had catch myself from using information that would cause some serious heartburn.

I have read every posts, blog, and letter written (take your pick) by you, Trollman, Jennifer Hardy, Fuchs, and a host of others in the last three months. I have very detailed information from both sides of the fence. You would know this to be true; however, you are too close to this situation to believe anything else than your own convoluted beliefs. I know you well enough that I pulled you into this discussion where you never participated before.

To the rest, no I'm not crazy. However, I did stir up the hornet's nest as was part of my objective to find out what I was looking for. That done, I'll leave you to stew, and lambast me as you have the others. That doesn't bother me in the least. Enjoy yourselves. This was just too easy. :uptosomething:

So... you're a stalker? Admit it... you're touching yourself while doing this... aren't you?
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

How does Caldazar 'know' what several people, some separated by continents, did over the last three years exactly, anyhow?

-Crissa
Endovior
Knight-Baron

Post by Endovior »

He doesn't, obviously. He's just making baseless unsourced claims because he thinks he's scaring somebody by doing so. That said, I'm always up for seeing evidence. This whole situation really is quite excellent entertainment from my side, and the cavorting of the hired shills is just part of the show. Too bad Caldazar was lying about actually having anything, and is now leaving in shame; it'd be nice to see his 'evidence' get picked apart by people who actually have relevant information.
Fuchs
Duke

Post by Fuchs »

Three months.

Though I do not think anyone who mentions me in the same line as AH, Frank or Jennifer Hardy when it comes to sources or inside knowledge about CGL should be taken seriously anyway.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Fuchs wrote:Three months.

Though I do not think anyone who mentions me in the same line as AH, Frank or Jennifer Hardy when it comes to sources or inside knowledge about CGL should be taken seriously anyway.
I did notice that, it was very funny.

It's part of the reason I don't think he actually works for CGL at all. Only by focusing exclusively on public boards could someone be under the impression that you are in any way related to this mess.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Centurion13
Journeyman

Post by Centurion13 »

Told you he sounded like Clutch...

What a bag of wind. Let's see what October brings - besides cold weather.

Cent13
BeeRockxs
1st Level

Post by BeeRockxs »

Kaelik wrote:FYI Caldazar, your hilarious use of progressive as an insult aside.

One of those people harassing Jennifer Harding was Bull, who in addition to being a Dumpshock Moderator is also employed by Catalyst.

So yes, Catalyst employees were involved in the harassment.
Bull is employed by CGL?
Being a freelancer does not equal being an employee.
magnuskn
Knight

Post by magnuskn »

Caldazar wrote:To the rest, no I'm not crazy. However, I did stir up the hornet's nest as was part of my objective to find out what I was looking for. That done, I'll leave you to stew, and lambast me as you have the others. That doesn't bother me in the least. Enjoy yourselves. This was just too easy. :uptosomething: [/align]
Don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back, there.

These last five pages were impressively amusing, seeing everyone taking down this smug prick. Good entertainment! :thumb: It missed Frank really getting into it, though.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

BeeRockxs wrote:Bull is employed by CGL?
Yeah, people who are payed by a company after they sign contracts aren't employed. And corporations are really people, so you can't infringe their rights.

Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

BeeRockxs wrote:
Kaelik wrote:FYI Caldazar, your hilarious use of progressive as an insult aside.

One of those people harassing Jennifer Harding was Bull, who in addition to being a Dumpshock Moderator is also employed by Catalyst.

So yes, Catalyst employees were involved in the harassment.
Bull is employed by CGL?
Well, technically even the developers are freelancers, so by that rubric basically no one is actually part of the company. Bull is the guy who runs Missions or something, which makes him able to speak for the company in various official capacities - but he doesn't actually draw salary or anything. Calling him an employee is a fairly reasonable statement.

-Username17
Wesley Street
Knight

Post by Wesley Street »

Kaelik wrote:It's part of the reason I don't think he actually works for CGL at all. Only by focusing exclusively on public boards could someone be under the impression that you are in any way related to this mess.
Why would CGL would even bother? He's probably a manic depressive Battletech player. Frank's breaking of the CGL financial news and the mass resignations of CGL freelancers along with their public decrying of the company "threatened" his game and broke his brain.

I can't be bothered to muster any kind of irritation toward Caldazar and trolls like him. His writing style and conspiratorial behavior reminds me of someone with a mental illness... if his posts aren't an unfunny and weird joke. Either way I feel sorry for him and he obviously needs help.
Last edited by Wesley Street on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magnuskn
Knight

Post by magnuskn »

Wesley Street wrote: Why would CGL would even bother? He's probably a manic depressive Battletech player. Frank's breaking of the CGL financial news and the mass resignations of CGL freelancers along with their public decrying of the company "threatened" his game and broke his brain.
There are still people who care enough about BT to break their brains? For me, it's long simmered down to good memories before the Grand Refusal and bad memories afterwards.
Caldazar
NPC

Post by Caldazar »

Endovior wrote:He doesn't, obviously. He's just making baseless unsourced claims because he thinks he's scaring somebody by doing so. That said, I'm always up for seeing evidence. This whole situation really is quite excellent entertainment from my side, and the cavorting of the hired shills is just part of the show. Too bad Caldazar was lying about actually having anything, and is now leaving in shame; it'd be nice to see his 'evidence' get picked apart by people who actually have relevant information.
Leaving? I am not leaving. I am still here and will remain. I want to observe reactions when the truth comes out about what is going to happen with CGL, the licenses, and the bull shiite bankruptcy case is resolved, in favor of CGL. Moreover, to include the outcome of the illegal release of confidential proprietary information and those involved.

To observe reaction to how wrong Frank Trollman's proselytizing was and for what it truly is; bitter anger, and wanton hope to fulfill his lust for vengeance. Then, I shall remind you how wrong he was, the foolish for feeding his passions and need to have his ego stroked.

As a side note, I hope everyone noticed I did not use "the cult of Frank" in any of my posts. To do so is disgusting and very demeaning. I may not like what Frank has done or condone his actions; they go against everything I stand on. However, I am not going to label him some leader of a cult or infer that he is. That is for those who have limited verbal ability and lack socialization skills.

As to whom I know and do not know? Are you sure about your statement as fact or is it a presumption on your part. I am glad you are entertained I am as well. You know nothing but your own erroneous speculations as does everyone else. Furthermore, my “facts and proof” are not imagined, but very real. Unlike the pundits here, my information is private, reliable, and unimpeachable. Therefore, please continue with what you all are doing. I will continue to sit back laughing and enjoying every bit of it. Oh, I don’t take in of this personally, because it is expected. Last thing, pushing the ‘ignore’ button is a coward’s way out, especially when they cannot face someone’s point of view that completely disagrees with their own.

Crissa, investigating and research is all part of my job. I am well versed in data collection, analysis, and host of other things. This includes developing profiles and personalities on people as part of human relations and resource analysis. I am very good at what I do. That is how I have amassed my information and know how to push buttons to get the reactions from others.

Guyr Adamantine, thank you for the picture, it is perfect. I am using it now for my avatar. I will credit it to you in my signature.

Magnuskn, Shadowrun, and BattleTech are just two games I thoroughly enjoy; however, I am not a “rabid mindless fan” that lashes out because they feel their precious game is threatened. If that been the case, you would have seen me here from the beginning. Dwell on that one for a moment in considering what my motivations truly are. I’ve been clear and concise from the start why I involved myself here, even though I did not want too.

In addition, Frank, freelance writers paid for piecework are not employees of CGL. They work for hire, issued 1099’s, and receive no benefits. Only those who are hourly or salaried wage earners are employees of CGL. Once again, you are wrong.

Last edited by Caldazar on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

al Caldazar